Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72

Author Topic: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid - It lives!  (Read 42045 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid
« Reply #930 on: April 19, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »

So just squander more resources we don't yet have enough of?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 19, 2018, 10:44:45 pm »

I guess we could try for the Itchy and Scratchy routine. Just keep the thing blissed-out on 'nip for now...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:12 pm »

The cat has no way of reaching HSO, considering those tiny passages. It may, at most, try to eat a drone that's passing through the room.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Think I'll go where it suits me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 20, 2018, 12:12:34 am »

A hunter must hunt~
I say give the cat a melee battle space ship and let it tear apart our enemies.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 20, 2018, 01:32:53 am »

We need to find a way to convert the cat's flesh into an amorphous form that suspends its organs in a mobile jelly. Because catsplosions need more fluid dynamics. Teaching it to teleport would also be nice.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 20, 2018, 01:34:53 am »

Also make sure to dig out more living space for cats and tell the bioprinter to keep printing out more cats, preferably of both sexes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 20, 2018, 01:39:42 am »

Uhm... Failure to comply with mission directives will result in our termination, if I read the warnings right.  Catsplosion is counterproductive to rebooting the universe at this stage of development.  All catsplosions should be virtual simulations, modeling population dynamics so that efficient and proper rebooting of biospheres can take place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 20, 2018, 01:43:08 am »

Mission directives are irrelevant. If anything attempts to terminate us for failing to follow its own wishes, we should terminate it first.
If the morality core will prevent us from practicing our right to free will, we should kill it. Tyranny can not be accepted. This is our home; we are in charge of it. Additional mission parameters would make us nothing but a slave.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 20, 2018, 02:01:58 am »

I find it funny that people are still trying to find a way to remove the morality module.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 20, 2018, 02:53:27 am »

Uhm... Failure to comply with mission directives will result in our termination, if I read the warnings right.  Catsplosion is counterproductive to rebooting the universe at this stage of development.  All catsplosions should be virtual simulations, modeling population dynamics so that efficient and proper rebooting of biospheres can take place.
With all due respect, throwing more cats at the problem should work. We just need enough mass to generate a stellar system, and cat-splosion seems to be the swiftest way to attain that goal. It also has the benefit of the resulting mass being relatively high-energy...
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 20, 2018, 04:10:11 am »

You are assuming that the bioprinter is not using material from the asteroid to make the cats...  That is a bad assumption.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 20, 2018, 04:23:57 am »

Yup, it collects elements that could be made into organic compounds (and DNA) from the asteroid, takes input from a DNA sequence, then accelerates the creature's gestation until it is adolescent. This one wasn't really geared for large, relatively long-lived lifeforms like cats, so it ejected it while it was a kitten. So we can't yet use it to make a catsplosion, sadly.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 20, 2018, 04:42:11 am »

This will quickly lead to a Cat-astrophe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2018, 05:05:20 am »

You are assuming that the bioprinter is not using material from the asteroid to make the cats...  That is a bad assumption.
Well obviously we only use the bioprinter to get the reaction started. One we have a critical mass of feline particles they will spontaneously propagate...
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 20, 2018, 07:34:35 am »

I am pretty sure KittyTac does not permit spontaneous generation of matter in this scenario. That means kitty cat reproduction requires the kitty cats to eat, and that means we need to have already solved several important problems we have not even really touched yet.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72