Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly  (Read 13568 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2017, 12:14:17 pm »

for whatever reason, I can't build research facilities or industries anymore, but I can still build services. Is there a reason for it?

also, price for research shows as 23.8, which is silly considering I have 230 labs already

could be 23 billion? :D

I changed the price curve since crowding now doesn't effect facilities prices, I may have overdone it, let me check what happens at higher levels, brb

edit: updated with a more reasonable exponential curve
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:22:49 pm by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:18 am »

some news: I've fixed performance issues on late game battles, reduced a little enemy level curve and reworked exterminate to have greater cumulative effect (also added a cap at 10 reduction levels, just to be sure)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

Just a suggestion: But why not make exploring for artifacts generate temporary threat, the same way that exterminate temporarily reduces it? That way you can't get stuck by exploring too much, as you would just have to spend some time doing raids or something to let it go down.

A mechanic of the aliens raiding/conquering you back might be fun too. You could make it based on actions the same as planet loyalty drops, and having an increased threat level above sector count could increase the chance of it happening. It would make the temporary increases and decreases more interesting, as you could prevent counter-attacks by exterminating - and exploring would have the risk of generating raids against you.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2017, 01:49:49 pm »

temporary threat increase makes sense if I cannot resolve the action into being meaningful. consider the inspiration for the threat level comes from aiwar - there it worked really well, here quite less so but I'd want to explore more of that.

push back was in at the beginning, there was this system where combat used only a portion of the fleet and if your fleet ever dipped under below enemy threat you'd get raided and if it was under half of that you'd get conquered. the galaxy had multiple enemies, and their threat depended on how many sector you had compared to all other rivals.

in the end however that was scrapped because a) I didn't know a thing about programming games, so scene switching between galaxies, alleances etc was too much for me and b) it is the wrong medium: people have expectations about browser games and getting their theet kicked for bad decisions early on was very badly received - like abandonement rate of that prototype was over 70% after the first planet loss

I don't exclude to have a fleshed out galaxy if I ever get to make another game. if that happens I also want to tackle ground combat, so there's that, and the game won't be a browser one because people don't give credibility to browser games yet

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2017, 03:53:55 am »

Hi,

Is it possible somehow to remove the ugly and useless grid while in combat ?

Also, could you rifit the GUI a little to show 3 columns of ships, one for each size small/medium/large ? Even if there are empty slots in columns, i think it would be easier to see the globals.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:07:36 am by ( Tchey ) »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2017, 04:06:14 am »

well, I added it because there was a symmetrical complaint about being unable to see ships during combat - I'll try to see if removing confusing backgrounds leaves me with enough backgrounds to have something in there.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2017, 04:09:17 am »

well, I added it because there was a symmetrical complaint about being unable to see ships during combat - I'll try to see if removing confusing backgrounds leaves me with enough backgrounds to have something in there.

Ah, i see, what about "simply" make the backgrounds darker ?

Also, could you rifit the GUI a little to show 3 columns of ships, one for each size small/medium/large ? Even if there are empty slots in columns, i think it would be easier to see the globals.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2017, 05:49:26 am »

I did a video to present the game, it's in french : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPBxtEwYhw

Also there is a typo in Empire Management screen, the title says "Emprie Management"

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:15 am »

Is there a typo with it saying the cruiser costs 7k while the dreadnought costs 1k?

Edit. I think its just the next and the actual cost is 700, which would make the cruiser the highest hp per cost ship in the game. Corvette is the highest hp per cost.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:36:35 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:19 am »

fixed the typos in cruiser and Empire, thanks. I'll put backgrounds back later on.

I did a video to present the game, it's in french : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPBxtEwYhw

wow thanks! this is like my first ever video on something I did!!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »

another largish update:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- ship production panel allows now to build precisely your fleet
- workforce from ringworld now doesn't scale with sectors - ringworld cost consequently reduced
- colonies provide one additional workforce per level, making them more useful
- removed corruption and all the overhead chain, it was non actionable and ultimately too confusing
- since there's no corruption facilities cost scale a little faster
- civics that reduced the overhead chain now act on enemy fleets instead
- general ship combat rebalance

this was a big update long overdue of the production ux. the next large feature will be a post combat detailed report and a general review of the enemy empire panel and that will be the last 'core' update to fix the current game issues. what comes after that is unsure, ultimately the game is a good past time on mobile but the 'spark' to keep players hooked is just not there (a clear medium objective with associated accomplishment)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2017, 03:05:50 am »

So I finally travelled to the second galaxy and I've noticed that my notable planets' stability does not decay, nor improve when purchasing the relevant facility.
     Bomb Alien drops the threat level by 0,1 which is gone by the next action, even if Bombing Alien again.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2017, 05:14:36 am »

this does not seem to work.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2017, 06:35:15 am »

So I finally travelled to the second galaxy and I've noticed that my notable planets' stability does not decay, nor improve when purchasing the relevant facility.
     Bomb Alien drops the threat level by 0,1 which is gone by the next action, even if Bombing Alien again.

fixed the update code - should happen realtime now

this does not seem to work.

exploded workforce details, should help see whether it's a problem with colonies, levels or the combination of sources

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:46 am »

ahh, ok yeah get duders from colonies.
2 per ringworld seems like a scam tho. either reduce price increase per ringworld build, or the ammount of workforce produced per ringworld. as they are now, they are quite irrelevant (like, what i am looking at right now, 4m for a 0.5% increase in workforce)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:52:43 am by motorbitch »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10