Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly  (Read 13160 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2017, 10:26:30 am »

yeah am still balancing the new economy, for now I've changed the increase per level, seems more reasonable, base cost is the same but grows slower.

Spoiler: combat details view (click to show/hide)

edit: increased a little factory cost growth
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:10:25 pm by LoSboccacc »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2017, 02:59:26 am »

I have level 40 fighters.  They are wrecking everything alone, without any help.  WAD? 

Edit: Just as I type this post, I lose a battle. 

Edit 2: It's because my army wasn't fully healed. 

To be fair, I do have like 290 of them. 

Edit 3: I have hit a stalling point.  The enemy has level 20 or so capital ships, and while I have level 44 fighters, they have level 48.  Also, all of my other ships are comparatively garbage.  I have level 2 cruisers, for example, while the enemy has level 20.  If I even bother to send them, they get shredded instantly.  So yeah, its either wait for tech, or glorious revolution.  I've even tried to do easier missions, but the gather resources mission doesn't pay enough, and I can't even beat the scout mission. 

I'm at 60/100 with threat level 104, and I got here purely by using fighters and the occasional gunship.  I did use bombers for a few missions. 

I almost guarantee that I would win if my gunships targeted their fighters then attacked the ships.  Currently, they way it stands, they target big ships first, I'd like to have them target fighters until in range of medium ships, then fire on big ships, but it doesn't seem like this is happening. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:05:03 am by alamoes »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2017, 04:00:48 am »

yeah I never managed to make fighter spawn not viable, but still, it's not the best strategy either. drop some bomber in if you're facing corvettes or gunship against larger ships, the game now shows damage/cost in the after action report under the aliens menu, fighter do very little against larger ships - they win thanks to their massive health pool.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2017, 06:19:47 pm »

today was spent tweaking colors https://losboccacc.itch.io/increstellar/devlog/15486/building-toward-a-strategic-layer

in other news, strategic layer is definitely coming, seems a natural progression to having random enemies and tuneable challenes.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2017, 10:32:34 am »

well interesting game but now i got myself stuck. I guess you are supposed to play through the first galaxy more than two times to build up your fleet levels????

I played the first galaxy 2 times, over the course of 3 days, then hit 100 conquering and then went to the next galaxy.

Turns out next galaxy has lvl 200+ fighters to battleships.... on almost every enemy race. As soon as you enter... so.... how do i fix this, I ended up getting 38 sectors conquered but my god. Im legitimately stuck now.

I figured the production of facilities would be more to make up for this but it does not seem like that.  1.5x research over the course of 24 hours with 110 research centers isnt providing me barely enough research to get 4 more levels on my fighters... im sitting at fighter level 54, bomber 48, gunship lvl 41, and so forth down the line. all my ships are worthless lol.

Also whats the point of exploit if it only is providing like 200 research and 3k credits ? shouldnt it become more useful as you progress? Galaxies did not really change the amount.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:39:03 am by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2017, 02:48:36 am »

Im legitimately stuck now.

the idea is that when you get close to that point you really should run a couple exterminate to ease the pressure and run 'explore' to farm artifacts. it's easy enough to get a hundred or so in the first galaxy on the first run, that will really push your production numbers.

it's possibly not explained very well, the game has still some unpolished aspects that the bad ux makes worse

btw, I've done some balance and fixes:

- each subsequent galaxy level provide 2x credit and 5x science payouts on raid
 - factory cost increased again, there should never be the need of having hundred ships
 - science lab now produce two times more science
 - colony suppress/concede now doesn't crash the colony screen

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2017, 10:27:41 am »

well i did do similar to that once i restarted my whole empire again back in the milky way, after level 50 i ran exterminate and explores, farmed probably 200 artifacts slowly. and then promptly stayed in milky way for a day longer to farm up more points (artifacts), went back to andromeda and had a much better go of it so far up to 70/100 still rough though but its ok.

Trying your new economy changes now in andromeda.

EDIT-

Hi, Just adding for a possible bug, is the research for increase production 10% artifact civic improvement working as intended? seemingly every level of it has yet to change my production numbers.

EDIT-

Seemingly all of them in my current game the 10% research/services/production do nothing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:27:13 am by Journier »

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2017, 11:49:37 am »

bonuses are added together, not multiplied, maybe that's confusing compared to the message, so they stack differently than how one would expects.

that assuming you reset after upgrading civics, those bonus only become actual during a reset

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2017, 04:45:32 pm »

oh. ok didnt know the bonus's went into effect after reset.

sorry bout that!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2017, 05:28:02 pm »

sorry bout that!

don't mention it, it's totally fine! everything players don't understand is my fault/responsability to make clearer. I recycled lots of widget to build this fast, so there is some broken messaging here and there

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2017, 04:27:33 pm »

another largish update - ships have been rebalanced, tweaking them so that larger ship are more effective and a mixed fleet is viable,enemy level composition has been also tweaked to reflect that; the universe is filled with special sectors, so you can focus on enemies that are richer, prices of facilities have been tweaked so that research is more profitable, enemies specialize their fleet in one of six templates and there have been some performance tweak.

Note: special sector increase in density as you go, but will only appear after the next reset/travel

There are gonna be a couple bugfix/ux improvement releases but if anything interesting doesn't come to mind I'll be done with this, I've learned most of what I wanted and the gameplay seems at a dead end - can't get more interesting without being a different game altogether, so whatever I learned is best applied to whatever comes next.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2017, 05:10:14 am »

Terrible name. I can't help pronouncing it as Inceststellar.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:55 am »

I think the names fine, the names an amalgamation of incremental and interstellar.  Easy to remember.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

I am now in the cigar galaxy, however the game is lagging out in every battle now, no matter if i use fighters or just battleships... the enemy forces are so large it just freezes for a minute or two then i get to see all our ships explode in 1 second then the winner is declared.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2017, 03:32:31 am »

Wow that’s sone dedication! Can you send me the save (under civics, multiverse key)? Either pm or pastebin will do
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10