Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly  (Read 13507 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 04:52:42 am »

wow, 90% nerf to research from raids? so say i want to unlock frigates, iwould guess some 60 reasearch at that point in game max, 16k rp needed, thats ~ 260 raids. if i assume 30s per raid, i would have do nothing but click raid and wait 30s for over 2 hours.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:56:39 am by motorbitch »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:32 am »

hey, thanks for the info :)

i agree that payouts dont match, but wouldnt just nerfing raids slow down the game to much? research facilities would still be useless, and it would be reaaaaaaly tidious to get the ships and production that are needed to progress bejond sector 20.

credit payout from raid is still high, only science was nerfed. this will require people to build research centers, and colonies will start spawning with mixed demands, changing one thing affect most of the other so it'll take a while to find the right magic numbers that let the game be enjoyable without having some strategies being cheesy

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 04:57:58 am »

you have to build quite a lot research centres to get as high as 10rp/s. and due to overcrowding, that gets reaaaaly expensive if one cant expand because one cant get new hulls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36:58 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:50 am »

you have to build quite a lot research centres to get as high as 10rp/s. and due to overcrowding, that gets reaaaaly expensive if one cant expand because one cant get new hulls.

you got a point there - research is now a little easier to get. I've also reduced offline bonus tho or people would have been able to get into cruiser overnight from basically scratch (you now get a tenth of resources while offline)

I've reworked the fleet and now you control the mix directly from the shipyard screen. This reduces a lot albeit doesn't resolve rounding errors, but more importantly removes all micromanagement of the rounding error from ship production to exploit how maintenance worked.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 06:51:48 am »

Just a thought, why not have an option of buying expansion with money or terraforming with science?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 07:09:09 am »

Just a thought, why not have an option of buying expansion with money or terraforming with science?

they both seem good ideas to reduce crowding. maybe I'll add a third with artifacts too (halos?), just to have tuff in triplets.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 07:20:21 am »

I unlocked the corvette, and it was great. I unlocked the destroyer, and it was useless. What class of ships is the destroyer useful against?
Also, the sliders seem... off? I can produce 1 ship of any class at basically no cost,  with the slider set to nearly nothing. but then I can zero everything else and still not be able to produce 2.

edit: after seceding, even iwth one factory I could still produce 1 of every kind of ship. Is this intended? it makes climbing ranks again quite easy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:28:23 am by andrea »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 07:34:59 am »

I unlocked the corvette, and it was great. I unlocked the destroyer, and it was useless. What class of ships is the destroyer useful against?
Also, the sliders seem... off? I can produce 1 ship of any class at basically no cost,  with the slider set to nearly nothing. but then I can zero everything else and still not be able to produce 2.

edit: after seceding, even iwth one factory I could still produce 1 of every kind of ship. Is this intended? it makes climbing ranks again quite easy.

the destroyer per se is useful against medium and large ships, it's the medium equivalent of the gunship, the issue however is that your corvette is level 6 or something while your destroyer is level 1... so the corvette is naturally more powerful.

I'll check what's going on with ships. partly it's done so that you always use up all your maintenance capacity, I'll turn it around to hide the capacity and round it all to whole ships instead of rounding the smaller upward.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 07:39:07 am »

no, both corvette and destroyer are level 1.
but destroyers generally just die to enemy corvettes. Mind you, I am just working on what I see. I could simply be not understanding what is actually going on.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 07:46:51 am »

no, both corvette and destroyer are level 1.
but destroyers generally just die to enemy corvettes. Mind you, I am just working on what I see. I could simply be not understanding what is actually going on.

a destroyer has large weapons, so it will miss a lot corvettes. corvette have small weapons, they will hit the destroyer 100% of the time. I'll probably need to swap destroyer and frigates like I moved the gunship around so that people get to it by the time the enemy has cruisers...

for reference this is a raw tournament between 10k point of ships against every other
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 08:06:46 am »

I find the production interface really fiddly and counter-intuitive. IMO it'd be much easier to let you designate fleet composition directly up to the point were total maintenance equals production cost.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:22 am »

I find extermination missions at threat level 14 significantly easier than at level 13, I think because the AI replaces its corvettes with destroyers (I assume. is there any way to know which classes the enemy is using, besides "this ship looks different from the previous"?)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 08:23:51 am »

I find extermination missions at threat level 14 significantly easier than at level 13, I think because the AI replaces its corvettes with destroyers (I assume. is there any way to know which classes the enemy is using, besides "this ship looks different from the previous"?)

That's also a thing: is there a way to make your ships look exactly like the AI one? (Which shipset?) That way, one could know what ships are.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 08:33:51 am »

PTW.

A more intuitive interface would be extremely nice, perhaps with a broad 'overview' that gives basic stats of everything instead of the menu click-fest that it sort of is right now.

So, a 'galaxy map' giving you choices of sectors or whatever, with 'fleet numbers' in one corner and 'economy' in another, etc. Clicking on the numbers might take you to, say, the research page, or the colony page, whatever.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10