Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly  (Read 13510 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Increstellar - 4x lite by yours truly
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 08:36:38 am »

You’re hardcoded blue and that influences everything in the shipset. I’ll have the current enemy shown in the threat panel at some point

I don’t know if making a galaxy overview the main view makes much sense for the game type, I’ll think about it tho

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 09:05:03 am »

what determines the appearence of notable colonies? ( capital, etc)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 09:06:30 am »

Also, they give your artifact when their stability goes over 100*current level, right? Is there a maximum level? Does it vary between notable colonies?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 09:08:03 am »

Capital then hub are fixed, then it’s proportional to your buildings with a fixed chance of being political again (10%)

You get artifacts at each level, levels are geometrical on stability (100 200 400 1600...)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 09:09:45 am »

so, to get more colonies we must build more buildings.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 09:21:27 am »

Does using the artifact to reduce corruption/overhead etc works? I don't see a drop in the %age in the colony management screen.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 09:24:04 am »

Have you seceded? artifact effects take place after seceding and restarting

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 09:25:33 am »

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be an immediate thing. So artifact are worthless until you secede?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 09:26:08 am »

their effects are, but I think you need to invest them BEFORE seceding. else they are reset.

edit: by the way, seeing as there is no cost in having a ship of each category, I find industry much less important. I just need an handfulto make rebuilding not take ages, but the rest is all research, since the things you unlock carry over to the next iteration.

furtehr question: what affects stability? I can see that battles increase it. I think by 10. regardless of victory?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:28:25 am by andrea »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 09:37:42 am »

Capital is happy whatever you do, building counts too. Political hub is happy by victory and the other are happy by buildings in their category

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:15 am »

so, to get more colonies we must build more buildings.

Building influence type, chance of appareance depends on sector count

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2017, 09:46:36 am »

is there anything that triggers the notable cololy or does it just happens randomly over time? (if I go afk for an hour, will more notable colonies spawn?)

I wonder if I should upgrade frigate to level 2 or unlock cruiser.

edit: what does military fervor do?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:54:45 am by andrea »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2017, 11:13:25 am »

no, both corvette and destroyer are level 1.
but destroyers generally just die to enemy corvettes. Mind you, I am just working on what I see. I could simply be not understanding what is actually going on.

a destroyer has large weapons, so it will miss a lot corvettes. corvette have small weapons, they will hit the destroyer 100% of the time. I'll probably need to swap destroyer and frigates like I moved the gunship around so that people get to it by the time the enemy has cruisers...

for reference this is a raw tournament between 10k point of ships against every other

Code: [Select]

["fighter", 29k]
["bomber", 36k]
["gunship", 37k]
["corvette", 39k]
["frigate", 39k]
["cruiser", 48k]
["destroyer", 58k]
["dreadnought", 63k]
["battleship", 76k]

the number is the sum of hull point remaining after each fight, the destroyer is actually ahead of cruiser cost-for-cost, but it's situational, as the gunship

in that example, you have the progression destoryer-dread, witch does not seem to make any sense to me.
maybe make it so that the "optimized for damage" hulls are glass cannons. they hit just fine, but try to stay back, have good damage and range, but are squishy and fast craft have them on target priority. a 3.d clas, skirmishers that just jolos in to get the fuckers would be cool then :)

as for reduction of overhead, stagnation etc: i was under that impression that a 5% reduction would not reduce your overhead like from 35% to 30%, but will reduce the 35% by 5%, ie result in 33.25%. if that is true, its just not a very useful thing to dump your artefacts in.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:17:13 am by motorbitch »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 11:43:38 am »

as for reduction of overhead, stagnation etc: i was under that impression that a 5% reduction would not reduce your overhead like from 35% to 30%, but will reduce the 35% by 5%, ie result in 33.25%. if that is true, its just not a very useful thing to dump your artefacts in.

well it has to be or at some point it ends up being negative, it loses against 10% production increase so it's not your first dump option, but it becomes more efficient if it lags behind a couple level.

anyway, moved the destroyer around so now appears after the firgate. game shouldn't die, but it'll act weird until a reset or frigates unlocks.

increased the destroyer cost to match progression, added a large weapon to it and reduced the hull a little bit.

Spoiler: current balance (click to show/hide)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 11:46:25 am »

cool :)
btw im having problems to keep my colonys happy now. i need more buildings to get any research done and have a large enough fleet, so i cant upgrade my buildings fast enough to keep them happy.
and, tbh i dont like this "upgrade or revolt!" mecanic not very much, especially if its harder to expand now. cant you replace the surce of unhappyness by something else, or reduce it, or at least increase the number of buildings allowed per secotor?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10