Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF World Downloads  (Read 659 times)

lorenmj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF World Downloads
« on: November 05, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

Is there a forum for posting links to download pre-generated worlds?

I really enjoy generating new worlds and have amassed quite a few. Sometimes I play them. But, they do take a very long time to generate. I wonder if anyone wants them?

I always do very large and long history generation. I also generate all the maps to go along with it. I'd like to make them available, but DFFD doesn't allow large enough downloads, nor a good way to showcase them. I thought perhaps using a download service and just post them in a forum for pre-generated worlds. Completely free, but could be very helpful for playing a 1000+ year world that you didn't have to generate.

Ideas? I'm looking for either a separate forum or perhaps a new topic to start where I can post my creations for free.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: DF World Downloads
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:12:09 pm »

Well I'm fairly sure this is the wrong section, but you're free to post the worlds if you want (not quite sure where, but either Modding, General Discussion, or Community Games & Stories are your best bets imo). I'd be interested to see them. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.