Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon sizes  (Read 593 times)

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon sizes
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »

Ok so if I reduce the minimum size a weapon can be will smaller creature be capable of wielding it? I NEED!!! my slayer-dwarfs...
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon sizes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:04:16 pm »

I should probably go into more detail (not that you need any if you know what a slayer is) but I reduced every weapons MINIMUM_SIZE to 500 so that dwarf could wield things like great-axes, pikes, my various modded weapons and was wondering if that would let them wield the weapon too big for them naturally...also My hobbits needed help wielding pikes BUT if this make said great axes, pikes, ect, ect one-handed then I wanna re-do it more...naturally so that dwarfs can wield them but it still takes too hands.
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »

MIN size is how big they need to be to use it at all, There is a tag that is something referring to Two hand size, and that size is where they can use the item without using two hands

so if you're between the Min size and the Two hand you will need to wield it with two hands if you're above both, then you can use it one handed.

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:15:06 pm »

Thanks Hugo that helped a lot...and it means I DID IT RIGHT FOR ONCE!!! now to fix my conversion of the basic human civ into a real Arthurian-esq culture.
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer