Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Pimiko Plus - coffeebreak market sim [Update in Progress (See Pg. 4)]  (Read 5662 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Pimiko Plus - coffeebreak market sim [Released!]
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 12:47:49 am »

Food!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 04:33:32 am »

Still have to finish up 3 of the remaining 8 city maps and figure out how I'll script NPC encounters and the new inventory system, but being able to give you a screencap of the town maps in-game feels really good!

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2018, 07:33:00 pm »

Scrolling with WASD! I'll add mouse scroll too.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2018, 10:13:13 am »

Some recent events have kept me way too busy to give the time I wanted to give to updating this game, but I recently picked back up where I left off. I decided to pull the trigger on a bold refactor (by which I mean I tossed out effectively 90% of the code I'd written up until this point).

The old structure made it insanely difficult to add new things to the game, even little touches like graphical transitions and multiple scripted dialogue popups would have been a huge PITA to try to add without breaking things—and since lately I've been working on a new tactical battle system, all of that needed to get thrown out. Part of that means no re-positionable windows but it's the smallest price you could possibly pay for a way better experience in almost every other way!

This is a cap of the title screen, something the game didn't have previously:

This is a mockup of the intended battlefield view (without UI). Note that the town tileset is used, this is because of the way the brand-new encounters system is intended to work:

Coupled with the new tactical battle system are 11 new firearms, and the way the game handles weapons is already completely overhauled. The specifics will be left as an imagination exercise, but the new game rule options should shed a little light on it:
Magic Magazines:
    - ON: Characters will magically always have an already full magazine to replace a depleted one when reloading an empty gun.
    - OFF: Spare magazines must be found or purchased and depleted magazines must be loaded with loose rounds manually. Rifle magazines can be loaded from 5 or 10 round charger clips.

Magic Calibres:
    - ON: Weapons get broad categories of chamber-able ammunition, either Pistol, Magnum, Shotgun, Battle Rifle, or Intermediate.
    - OFF: Weapons require their exact ammunition to be loaded (e.g. the 500RM will not chamber 12 ga. ammunition since it is 8 ga.)

Critical Suppression:
    - ON: Enemies cannot score critical hits.
    - OFF: All enemies can score critical hits.

Magic Armour:
    - ON: Armour can absorb infinite non-penetrating attacks. Penetrating attacks will get through the armour, but it won't break it.
    - OFF: Armour will become unusable after a certain number of attacks make it through or a certain amount of (hard + 0.5x soft) damage is absorbed.

Fantasy Markets(?):
    - ON: The old price and trend algorithm is used. Opaque, unpredictable, somewhat deterministic.
    - OFF: Certain markets only ever produce or acquire certain goods, and player action can cause dramatic market effects if too many goods are moved to a certain place.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:14:52 am by Noyemi K »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Nice! I like where this is heading.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool! Once this update launches I'll probably buy it :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]