Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 58088 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 03:06:08 pm »

What are the odds of 5,1's?
In 7 rolls, it's .1875%.
It happens almost once every 500 sets of 7 rolls.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 03:22:49 pm »

Shout a curse or two. Then search the house for medical supplies with which to clean and bandage my wounded foot.
I guess I should probably gather up the pieces of my phone, too. At least the sim card and any memory card it might have.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »

Name:  Someguy
Appearance: Like a normal average person.
Status healthy.
Action: curse the auto-correct Plant a barrier of anti-radiation plants around the house.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 03:58:12 am »

Turn 2: It's not easy being China

Go to the barn and ride a bovine to the west.
[2] Neither the bull or the cow want you on their back. When you try to ride one of them, they shake you off their back. Thankfully, they're not angry enough to strike you with their hoofs.

Be at some place that isn't getting nuked.
[5] You run away from the starting location. After running through the trees for some time, you find what appears to be a Vault-Tec brand new fallout shelter, "Vault 329". You also step on a some kind of a plastic card. You pick it up and see that it's a Vault-Tec pass for their fallout shelters. You see a guy asking Vault-Tec representative to give him a new pass.

Search the house for my nuclear war emergency kit. If found, inspect for any identifying equipment.
[1] You haven't found a 'nuclear war emergency kit'. Yet you hear some menacing beeping; a bomb!
? turns until the bomb destroys the house.

Attempt to use another transport to get to local capital
[3] You start the engine and drive to Jackson. The car is very old and pretty slow, so it'll take you 1 turn to get to the capitol.

First action: Go get my moonshine and rifle from the house, and head for the woods.
[1] You find neither moonshine or rifle, but you have decided to go to the woods. Black bear notices you and roars at you as a warning.

Find a shovel and start digging a deep hole around 20m underground, hopefully starting from a basement
[1] You find a small plastic toy shovel, and it breaks when you try to dig with it.

Shout a curse or two. Then search the house for medical supplies with which to clean and bandage my wounded foot.
I guess I should probably gather up the pieces of my phone, too. At least the sim card and any memory card it might have.
[1] Your cursing is basically "Gosh Darn It To Heck".
[2] You haven't found any medical supplies. What kind of shithole is this?!
[1] You fail to salvage anything from your broken phone. You also accidentally managed to step on a piece of a broken frame with your left heel. Hurts.

Action: curse the auto-correct Plant a barrier of anti-radiation plants around the house.
[3] You plant some genetically modified lilies in the ground. You're not sure if they'll stop radiation, but hey, you never know.

Nations/Organizations/NPCs

China declares war on Japan and launches another strike. Can Chinese avenge the Nanjing?
[6 vs 6] The battle between People's Liberation Army Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force rages on in Eastern China Sea. Despite superior numbers of China, Japan holds well enough.
[1] The nukes explode at launch, causing terrifying damage to the rural areas of Shaanxi province and spreading insane amounts of radiation in this province and also the nearby ones.

2 turns left 'till the impact with the starting location/Mississippi.

The USA sends its navy to help Japan and launches another strike at the China.
[4] The nukes were successfully launched without any problems.
2 turns to hit China

[5] The badly-maintained American nukes don't explode in the air this turn. 2 turns left to impact China

The guy who lost his Vault-Tec pass tries to persuade the Vault-Tec representative to give him a new one.
[3] The representative tells him that he can't give him a new one for free, but he can make a 25% discount (1225$ with discount)
"No, I don't have such money! Plus I was in your "Preserve the future" program. I... I must find my pass!" Angrily said the guy, who starts nervously look in the grass for his pass.

The guy who wandered by the starting location runs towards the Someguy:
"What are you doing? Are you mad? These plants won't save you from the nukes! Let's go, I have dug out an underground bunker near my house, we can survive that way!"

((RNGesus is really harsh these days...))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:10:05 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:20 am »

Sacrifice the bull to that nuke and implore it to go back to China. Ride the cow west.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 2: It's not easy being China
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 04:13:45 am »

ptw, a RTD set in the early fallout universe seems fun.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 04:27:24 am »

This is not Fallout. It's merely borrows some stuff from that universe, but ultimately, it's still our world with some alternative history. Everything went ilke IRL until mid-2017, when Vault-Tec was formed, and the scientists of the world started to work on advanced concepts, like laser/plasma weapons and cybernetics/robotics. The current year in this RTD is 2024, 6th of April.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 04:51:09 am »

Name:  Someguy
Appearance: Like a normal average person.
Status healthy.
Action: Sacrifice the nonbeliever and feed his blood to the lilies increasing their radiation absorption.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 06:22:53 am »

Evolve into a radiation and explosion resistant cyborg
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

...identify if this vault is legit keep people safe or if this is one of those "experiment on people because we're opportunistic assholes" vaults. If the former, go in.

(Note: Sum Gai)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:43:04 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:53 am »

Get away from the bear and go further in to the woods.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 10:37:22 am »

This is not Fallout. It's merely borrows some stuff from that universe, but ultimately, it's still our world with some alternative history. Everything went ilke IRL until mid-2017, when Vault-Tec was formed, and the scientists of the world started to work on advanced concepts, like laser/plasma weapons and cybernetics/robotics. The current year in this RTD is 2024, 6th of April.

oh ;[, It is still cool though.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 04:06:24 pm »

Name: Virginia
Appearance: A somewhat young girl, who looks like she is vey clearly mentally unwell.
Action: Cockroaches can survive a nuclear war right? Make armor out of cockroaches

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 08:14:53 pm »

Search for transportation and get out of town. Go west.
Salt lake city sounds nice. If I see a vaultcorp location, stop there and try to talk my way in.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 05:25:43 am »

FLEE THE HOUSE, IT IS CLEARLY TRYING TO KILL ME. SWEAR AT HOUSE ONCE I HAVE ESCAPED.

THEN MAKE MY WAY TOWARDS ROAD, TRY AND THUMB RIDE TOWARDS WHATEVER NEARBY TOWNS/CITIES THERE MAY BE
OR, IF I SEE A VEHICLE, TAKE THAT. IF I SEE JOHN (DOOMBLADE'S CHARACTER) SUCCESSFULLY ACQUIRE MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION, ASK TO GO ALONG WITH HIM!

((REALISED AS I WAS ALMOST FINISHED WRITING POST THAT I HADN'T BEEN USING ALL-CAPS AND POOR GRAMMAR
WHOOPS
WENT BACK AND FIXED IT, MAYBE STILL BETTER GRAMMAR THAN IS QUITE PROPER BUT OH WELL))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33