Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 58099 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 2: It's not easy being China
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 06:13:07 am »

Pay Yoink some rent $.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 07:39:25 am »

Pay Yoink some rent $.
Where's your sheet? Check the first post for the sheet template?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If sprinkled chariot will not post until tomorrow, I'll move the game along.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 11:12:51 am »

Spend turn driving to Jackson(sry have problems with copy pssting char info due to playing from phone)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:54 pm »

Turn 3: WWIII

For those who don't get it the thing with the bomb kit: The new players have spawned in the other house, so that's why they didn't have to roll for the escaping.

Sacrifice the bull to that nuke and implore it to go back to China. Ride the cow west.
[Escaping the bomb: 5 vs 3] You successfully escape the house before the bomb goes off.
[5] You kill the bull and do a ritual in order to appease the nuke with the soul of the animal.
[5] The Chinese nuke likes your sacrifice so much, that it not only changes its coordinates to the administrative center of National People's Congress in Beijing, but its engine got overcharged!
[5] The cow accepts you on her back without throwing you off. You ride to the west, ignoring the asphalt roads, which makes the hurrying drivers angry.
((Wow, you're the lucky one!))

Action: Sacrifice the nonbeliever and feed his blood to the lilies increasing their radiation absorption.
[2+1 for unexpected attack vs 1] Someguy does a sucker punch right to the underground bunker guy's forehead. He falls on the ground unconscious. His forehead is bleeding.
[auto-success for finishing off an unconscious enemy] Someguy slices the throat of an innocent man. He grabs the rapidly dying man and shakes him, so that sprinkling fountain of blood falls upon the lilies.
[1] The lilies don't react well at the blood. They fade away.

Evolve into a radiation and explosion resistant cyborg
[Escaping from the bomb: 6 vs 2] You have effortlessly escaped the house.
[5]Concentrating hard enough, you somehow managed to get cutting-edge cybernetics into your body. You're completely resistant to the radiation and explosions, and you also have cyber-limbs, giving you a boost to your punching, kicking, and jumping.
Status acquired: Super-Cyborg (Invulnerable to explosions/radiation, +1 to the punching and kicking, ability to jump up to 1.9 yards (somewhere around 1.7 meters))

...identify if this vault is legit keep people safe or if this is one of those "experiment on people because we're opportunistic assholes" vaults. If the former, go in.
[6] You try to identify if this is not a vault for experiments, but that Vault-Tec man appears incredibly friendly and cheerful, so you automatically decide that it's legit. Stupid sexy Vault-Tec representative. You pick up the pass from the ground and show it to the Vault-Tec guy.
[2] The guy who lost his pass sees that you have it in your hands.

Get away from the bear and go further in to the woods.
[6] You run away so fast, that you've become tired.
[3] Looks like you're not that far away from the starting location. It also looks like you're not far away from that bear's lair.
Status Acquired: Tired (-1 to escape/chase/movement rolls)

Action: Cockroaches can survive a nuclear war right? Make armor out of cockroaches
((Welcome aboard!))
[4]You find cockroaches and make an armor out of them. The normal people would definitely say "Gross, go away" to you, since everybody can see that the armor "moves".
Status Acquired: Cockroach armor (Scares off most NPCs, protects from radiation)

Search for transportation and get out of town. Go west.
Salt lake city sounds nice. If I see a vaultcorp location, stop there and try to talk my way in.

[5 vs 6] You're not fast enough to get out from the house and the bomb goes off. Thankfully, all you got is just some first-degree burns on your torso.
[4] You find an abandoned mini-van.
When you enter the van, Yoink, who was nearby, asks you for a ride to Jackson. What do you answer?

FLEE THE HOUSE, IT IS CLEARLY TRYING TO KILL ME. SWEAR AT HOUSE ONCE I HAVE ESCAPED.

THEN MAKE MY WAY TOWARDS ROAD, TRY AND THUMB RIDE TOWARDS WHATEVER NEARBY TOWNS/CITIES THERE MAY BE
OR, IF I SEE A VEHICLE, TAKE THAT. IF I SEE JOHN (DOOMBLADE'S CHARACTER) SUCCESSFULLY ACQUIRE MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION, ASK TO GO ALONG WITH HIM!

[4vs1] You flee from the house effortlessly.
[2] You say, "Screw you", which isn't really swear-y.
[1] You haven't found a vehicle for yourself, so you have to ask John Smith for a passenger seat.

Pay Yoink some rent $.
[5] You go outside and give Yoink 100$ (Yoink now has 800$).

Spend turn driving to Jackson(sry have problems with copy pssting char info due to playing from phone)
[5] You have reached Jackson, the capitol of the Mississippi state. Most people are either hiding underground, or leaved the town for the Vaults, which means no serious slowdowns due to traffic. Wat do next?

Nations/Organizations/NPCs turn

The bomb kit goes BOOM, causing one of the houses to be turned into collapsed, burning wreck.
[3] One small flame jumps from the roof to a red maple. If not extinguished, it will cause a huge wildfire.

China got hit right in the administrative center of Beijing by its own nuke. China doesn't capitulates, strangely enough. China tries to invade Japan via naval transport and paratroopers. Meanwhile, Japan prepares for defending.
[5 vs 2] The Chinese marines land near Hioki with very little transport lost to the Japanese submarines.
[6 vs 6] The Chinese marines try to push into Hioki and nearby towns/cities, but the Japanese ground forces are already here to defend their homeland.
[2 vs 2] Very few Chinese paratroopers managed to land without being captured or killed in the flight in order to make some difference.

The USA sends its bombers to strike the Chinese fleet.
[5 vs 5] While the American bombers are mostly functional after the strike, the Chinese fleet was barely damaged by the Americans.

[4] Poorly-maintained American don't explode this turn.
1 turn to impact China

1 turn for the other, well-maintained nukes to impact China.

Meanwhile, North Korea under the guidance of its Greatest Leader, Chairman Kim Jong-un, attempts to zerg rush the South Korea.
[2+1 for the sudden strike vs 5] Once North Korean army barely crossed the border without any warning, they get bombarded by the artillery and bombers so hard, that they regroup and change the plan from "unexpected zerg rush" to "hold the line against capitalist scum".

Meanwhile, Russia, under the command of the president Volodimir Butin, launches full-blown invasion of Ukraine.
[5 vs 4] Russian and Novorossiyan forces slightly push towards Kharkov. The Ukrainian forces fight really hard to keep the Russian menace from going deeper into the Western Ukraine.

Vault-Tec's fallout shelters are almost full in the next states: Alabama, South & North Carolina, South & North Dakota, Georgia, Iowa, Mississippi, New York, and Tennessee.
[27, Florida][2] Vault-Tec tries to build more vaults in Florida, but doesn't have enough resources in the state.

A guy who lost the pass tells the Vault-Tec representative about that Sum Gai has his pass, and demands Sum Gai to hand it over to him.

Vault-Tec representative just watches silently.

((I apologize for writing this response for so long. I was eating and also was cleaning out the poop of my kitten.))

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 3: WWIII
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »

Steal the sacrifice wallet then travel to the ocean
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »

Jarl
Tell the angry drivers to suck it. Ride further west while ignoring the asphalt road. Nobody tells a bearded lucky barrel man what to do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 03:36:31 pm »

Evolve nanobots that allow me to survive without air
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 03:52:58 pm »

Attempt to scout and  figure out important locations of Jackson, like any vaults, police or state or army faculties

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:19 pm »

Go back to the house and get a car.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »

Convince others like myself(Street urchins, hobos, delinquents, ETC.) to join me in forming an underground kingdom with the roaches
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:40:35 pm by Failbird105 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 08:53:45 pm »

"Hmn? I'm sorry, there must be a mistake. I got this in the mail, right when the delivery said it should arrive. I was a bit confused when it had the wrong name on it...
Sir, a pass for this man, please. He should not have to suffer because of an administrative mix-up."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »

Pay Yoink some rent $.
[5] You go outside and give Yoink 100$ (Yoink now has 800$).
"GOSH, THANKS MAN! YOU WANNA COME ALONG TO THE CITY OR WHATEVER, MAYBE FIND ONE OF THOSE VAULTS EVERYONE'S GOING ON ABOUT OR AT LEAST DIE IN SOMETHING MORE LIKE CIVILIZATION? THIS KIND GENTLEMAN IS GONNA GIVE ME A LIFT" 

GRACIOUSLY ACCEPT MONIES, THEN INVITE GIVER OF SAID MONIES TO JOIN ME ON ADVENTURES
CONTINUE AWAITING A RESPONSE FROM THE MAN WITH THE VAN
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

Drive to Jackson, look for vaults.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »

I'm waiting for roseheart to post. Also, since roseheart posted without a sheet, they need to make one. They just should write "My action" instead of "First action".

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »

Sorry, guys. I can't do a turn today. I'll do it tomorrow, 100% guarantee.
Also, roseheart decided to not play this game, so I made her an NPC.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33