Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 58724 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 13: THE STORM IS COMING
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2017, 05:07:07 pm »

I would surrender but I still need to vomit.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2017, 05:54:01 am »

Go back to the pickup, find some were to get food and to hide from the storm.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2017, 02:43:20 pm »

@randomgenericusername, took your quote to the out of context thread.

-snip-

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:45 pm »

:D
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2017, 11:03:01 pm »

...Derm just locked the out-of-context quotes thread XD
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2017, 11:03:56 pm »

I wonder if he will reinstate it later.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:20 am »

I wonder if he will reinstate it later.
I hope so, it's a fun thread.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2017, 04:08:34 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2017, 06:38:32 am »

Okay, I will post the turn this evening. I promise!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2017, 08:07:00 am »

Yeah, I expected as such. I could 100% tell why it happened. Just thought it was funny that it did.
Has anyone ever put stuff in that thread from RTRTD?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 14: THE WORST IS YET TO COME...
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2017, 09:03:42 am »

TURN 14: THE WORST IS YET TO COME...

Avoid the area near Gladush and make a bunker area where we can retreat and restart if things go poorly.
GLADUSH IS CURRENTLY BUSY WITH ROACHISTANI MILITIA. NO ROLL REQUIRED!
[6] YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD STONE/IRON MIX BUNKER! UNFORTUNATELY, THE MILITIA USES THE BUNKER TO STATION THE CROSSBOWROACHES!
keep digging is time to infiltrate a vault
[3] YOU KEEP DIGGING UNTIL YOU'RE IN WHAT SEEMS TO BE A CENTRAL CORRIDOR OF THE VAULT! IT CONNECTS ELEVATOR, CANTINA, TOILETS, AND CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER'S OFFICE. MOST OF THE VAULT DWELLERS ARE IN THE CANTINA RIGHT NOW.
[2 VS 5, HIDING ROLL] UNFORTUNATELY, PEOPLE IN THE CANTINA SAW YOU THROUGH THE WINDOW AND THE ALERT WAS DECLARED! A COUPLE OF SECURITY OFFICERS SURROUND YOU, AIMING THEIR LASER PISTOLS AT YOU!
"STOP RIGHT THERE, INTRUDER! WHY DID YOU MADE A BURROW TO SNEAK INTO THIS VAULT? ARE YOU A FOREIGN SPY? IN ANY CASE, YOU WILL GO WITH US TO THE OVERSEER MARTINEZ! TRY TO RESIST, AND WE WILL SHOOT YOU RIGHT THERE! UNDERSTAND?" SAID ONE OF THE SECURITY OFFICERS.

Become a volcano. With hands that wield opposable thumbs.
[1] JARL JUMPS INTO THE MOUNT FUJI, THE MOST FAMOUS VOLCANO IN JAPAN. JARL THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD BECOME THE MOUNT FUJI, BUT INSTEAD, JARL GOT IMMOLATED BY MAGMA! BUT HEY, AT LEAST IT'S A DWARVY WAY TO DIE! MAKE A NEW CHARACTER!
Vomit radioactive waste on Aristotle then keep taming the forgotten beast.
DEMAND BLATT'S SURRENDER! SHRUG OFF ANY RADIOACTIVE WASTE ATTACKS DUE TO ALREADY BEING A HORRIFYING MUTANT MUCH LIKE HE IS! (SERIOUSLY I DIDN'T REALISE HOW MANY HUMANOID COCKROACH MUTANTS THERE WERE ALREADY WHEN I CAME UP WITH THIS CONCEPT. I FIT IN HERE EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED)
Well then go outside and use it!
Come on guys cheer up sure we may be weak but together we can do anything you guys just got to believe!!! So rise up fellow plump helmet man and follow me!! (Mushroom sounds)

Attempt to get the plump helmet men on my side one more time and If that does not work go to the mines (aka where the steel platypus is lol) but if it does work try to stop failbird from going to the surface.
THEN GET DISTRACTED AND GO DEFEND QUEEN WHILST SHE PERFORMS EXPERIMENTS OUTSIDE   
SINCE YOINK/ARISTOTLE DIDN'T WRITE ABOUT ATTACKING FIRST, BLATT GOES FIRST. INSTEAD, ARISTOTLE GETS +1 TO THE DEFENSE
[3 VS 3+1] BLATT VOMITS AT ARISTOTLE, BUT ARISTOTLE'S HARDENED CHITIN SOAK THE RADIOACTIVE VOMIT UP, MAKING ARISTOTLE A LITTLE TOUGHER! ARISTOTLE NOW HAS "MUTANT RESILIENCE" (PHYSICAL ATTACKS ARE LESS SEVERE)! THEN, ARISTOTLE RUNS TO THE SURFACE IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE ROACHISTANI QUEEN!
[1-1 VS 2] YOU TRY TO TAME GLADUSH RONURIST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE FORGOTTEN BEAST AND THE ROACHISTANI MILITIA! THE BEAST DOESN'T HEAR YOU, AND YOU GET STOMPED BY THE RUSHING INTO MELEE MILITIA! AT LEAST YOU DON'T HAVE A SPINE!
[3] SOME PLUMP HELMET MEN ARE WILLING TO FIGHT, BUT THE MAJORITY OF PHM ARE STILL TOO BROKEN!
[5 VS 6] YOU HAVE ALMOST STOPPED VIRGINIA, BUT THE ROYAL GUARDS CATCH YOU! THEY'RE HOLDING YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS RIGHT NOW!
[6] VIRGINIA GOES OUTSIDE, GUARDED BY ARISTOTLE! SHE INJECTS THE SERUM INTO HER RIGHT ARM'S VEIN! UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO THE RAD-STORM COVERING THE SURFACE OF MISSISSIPPI, VIRGINIA GROWS INTO INSANELY BIG (20 feet or 6 meters) INSECT ABOMINATION! SHE HAS 8 LONG LEGS, 5 EYES (2 HUMAN EYES, 3 INSECT EYES), 2 LONG HANDS, AND THICK CHITIN! WHILE VIRGINIA IS NOW INSANELY POWERFUL, SHE CAN'T DO HUMAN SPEECH OR ENTER BADASSIA, DUE TO SMALL ENTRANCE!

Check if the power armor has any data on my lost family, but do so without getting inside it.
announce with robotic voice : Radiation levels rising, equip protective gear or take double dose of rad-x.
Attempt to establish connection with military intelligence satellite to track relatives of said woman.

[6+1 FOR THE ASSISTANCE] CLAR FOOLISHLY IGNORES THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE POWER ARMOR AND TRIES TO FIND ANY DATA RELATED TO HER FAMILY'S LOCATION! WHEN THE POWER ARMOR TRIES TO ESTABLISH LINK WITH THE SATELLITE, RAD-STORM COVERS THE SKY OF THE MISSISSIPPI STATE, CAUSING A SERIOUS ERROR IN THE DATA BANKS OF THE POWER ARMOR! THE POWER ARMOUR HAD TO LAUNCH A SYSTEM REPAIR PROGRAM! DUE TO THE RADIATION STORM, CLAR NOW HAS MEDIUM RADIATION POISONING!
[6] THE REPAIR PROGRAM SAVED THE POWER ARMOUR FROM PERMANENT SHUT DOWN, BUT THE DATA ABOUT MERC'S FAMILY  WAS LOST FOREVER!

GATHER SURVIVORS. FORTIFY HOUSES. DIG DEEP.
[3] GATHERING THE SURVIVORS, YOU FORTIFY HOUSES WITH ADDITIONAL WOODEN PLANKS!
[3] YOU DIG DEEP INTO THE SOIL! THE SURVIVORS ARE HIDING UNDERGROUND FROM NOW ON!

Try to escape out of the Vault, try to control the nanomachines again
INITIATIVE ROLLS: [10], [15]
[3 VS 4+1] BURNING SUPER-CYBORGS ARE TRYING TO TAKE JACK WITH THEM BY THE FORCE OF THE CROWD, BUT JACK POWER STOMPS AND SENDS THE SUPER-CYBORGS FLYING INTO THE VAULT'S WALLS!
[4+1 VS 2] JACK MANAGES TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE NANOMACHINES, TURNING THE SUPER-CYBORG SQUAD INTO HIS SLAVES!
THE APPROVAL RATING OF THE SUPER-CYBORGS' CURRENT LEADER, CHLOE CROWLEY, IS DOWN TO 55%!

Go back to the pickup, find some were to get food and to hide from the storm.
[4] YOU ENTER A SMALL HOUSE AND LOOT THE FRIDGE! YOU GET 3 CANS OF CANNED BEEF! ALSO, SINCE IT'S RAD-STORMIN' OUTSIDE, YOU GET MEDIUM RADIATION POISONING! (-1 TO ALL ACTIONS UNTIL YOU TAKE ANTI-RADIOACTIVE PILLS)

NATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS/NPCS TURN

IRANIAN-INDIAN WAR:
[5-1 VS 5-1, POOR MORALE OF BOTH SIDES] THE BATTLE FOR HARYANA STATE IS STILL RAGES ON! ALMOST ALL OF IRANIAN FORCES ARE FIGHTING ALMOST ALL OF INDIAN FORCES!

RADIATION SPREAD:
RAD STORM IS COVERING THE MISSISSIPPI! ANYONE WHO'S NOT IN A SAFE PLACE OR HAS SOME SORT OF RADIATION IMMUNITY/HEAVY PROTECTION IS GOING TO DIE IN 2 TURNS!
SCIENTISTS WORLDWIDE ARE SAYING THAT THEY CAN'T PREVENT INCOMING NUCLEAR WINTER!

ROACHISTANI MILITIA VS GLADUSH RONURIST, THE FORGOTTEN BEAST!
[3 VS 5] [5, DEADLINESS/HARMLESSNESS OF THE VAPORS] GLADUSH RONURIST OPENS HIS MOUTH TO RELEASE POISONOUS VAPORS! IT CAUSES SOME BLISTERS AND A MINOR HEADACHE TO THE MILITIA, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, ROACHISTANI MILITIA ISN'T SLOWED DOWN AT ALL, BUT THEY SEEM UNABLE TO HIT GLADUSH HARD ENOUGH, SINCE HE JUMPS AWAY FROM THE BOLTS, AND HE'S ALSO RESILIENT ENOUGH TO IGNORE THE IRON LONG SWORDS!

ENRAGED BY SUCH A HUMILIATING DEFEAT, CHLOE CROWLEY, THE CURRENT LEADER OF SUPER-CYBORGS, SEND AN ELITE SQUAD AFTER JACK. SHE ALSO SENDS A COUPLE OF SQUADS TO FIND SOME HUMAN SURVIVORS!

[6] SQUAD 1 HAS FOUND VIRGINIA, WHO'S A GIANT SPIDER-HUMAN THINGY NOW!
[4] SQUAD 2 HAS FOUND HATTIESBURG! THEY GREET JOHN SMITH AS THEIR CYBERNETIC BROTHER AND TELL HIM TO STOP 'PROTECTING THESE SACKS OF MEAT' AND HELP THEM WITH TRANSPORTING THE FUTURE PRISONERS TO THE VAULT 321!

ROSEHEART AND OTHER SURVIVORS PREPARE THEIR WEAPONS! THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE TURNED INTO THE FOOD OF SUPER-CYBORGS!

THE NEXT TURN (15TH) WILL BE THE LAST TURN OF "SURVIVAL" PHASE! WHEN THE TURN 16 STARTS, THE GAME WILL ESCALATE INTO A FACTION WAR FOR MISSISSIPPI! NUCLEAR WINTER, YAY!

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 14: THE WORST IS YET TO COME...
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2017, 09:07:08 am »

*notices that Virginia is stuck outside*
Damnit.

Try my hand at keeping this place organized. We're going for efficiency and order, people, we need to hold together or fall alone.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2017, 09:16:25 am »

((QUESTION: DOES MY GROTESQUE MUTANT SELF HAVE RADIATION IMMUNITY Y/N? ACTION WILL BE POSTED AFTER SLEEPYTIME))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:45 am »

Stop the dumb militia, they are making everything worse. Tame the forgotten beast again!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2017, 09:43:00 am »

((QUESTION: DOES MY GROTESQUE MUTANT SELF HAVE RADIATION IMMUNITY Y/N? ACTION WILL BE POSTED AFTER SLEEPYTIME))
You're a cockroach ninja mutant creature, so my answer is yes.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33