Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Major developement of manipulator / dfhack labors screen  (Read 1477 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Major developement of manipulator / dfhack labors screen
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:30:28 pm »

Helloo,

I have done some significant encrusting of manipulator in the last month.

A new detail mode shows units attributes, color hints them quite nicely and color hints all of the labors and military skills etc according to each relevant attribute. The color info doesnt involve dwarfs preferences or 'personal details', but can advise on units under/over performing at certain roles.

Here are some screens: https://imgur.com/a/tFRiB

New sorts are added : Age, Martial,Perform,Scholar and General - these sort the average of dwarfs skill rating in those categories and to a lesser extent their relevant attributes , helping alot with choosing those roles.

Those 'finesorts' can be combined with selected, squad, profession or current activity sort, eg each squad can be listed with its members sort by name, or martial score, or general etc...

The sort controls have been simplified to allow easier tabbing through sorts, and the mode/setting/scroll position etc, has been made persistent so it is possible to leave the labor manager screen to check something or other and pop straight back again - selection is remembered too.

I have put in quite a few refinements, there are just a few things left to do before trying to push to the repositry, but Ive been play testing it recently and find it quite ready to use.

I hope someone might be able to try it.
I have a build for 64bit debian linux df43.0.6-r2 here:

https://github.com/strainer/dfhack/blob/develop/build/manipulator.plug.so

The source file is here :

https://github.com/strainer/dfhack/blob/develop/plugins/manipulator.cpp

Hoping you like it !
Klok the Kloker !

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Major developement of manipulator / dfhack labors screen
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:12:33 am »

Nice highlighting with attributes, that's pretty decent solution to wall problem. Does that scale with racial average, or all dwarves in fort?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:54:28 pm »

Hi Fleeting Frames.

It was a good idea to color those :) The high and low highlights are set relative to a combination mostly of the units average and a little to the whole lists average (it works with the animal and others lists too, its weird when turkeys and things having good looking stats)

Then the attributes which are practiced by the currently focused labor are also colored white, and attributes which seem like they should be relevant (like musical ability for musicians) but which arent practiced, can be colored green, but i haven't speculated on many of those.

Ive put in another detail mode too called 'notices' which displays and sorts things like is cursed, has syndromes, is lame, needs doctor etc, its not as informative as it could be, but useful already.

Im planning to send a pull request tonight so fingers crossed, tidying code a bit...
Klok the Kloker !

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 03:14:45 pm »

Heh, yeah, noticed that relevant attribute highlighting.

Here's hoping.

Oh, and belated gratz on choosing a nice first post.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:48 pm »

Thankyou - This title blows the trumpet a bit, but ay, chuffed to get this done.

Pull request sent now, In the meanwhile I can play the dorf with my pecadillos tamed : D
Klok the Kloker !