Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [10/10, 1R] Put action Pricechecks here  (Read 4905 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

By adding all negative traits (weakness, irritant, bane and immobile.) and broodmother you could have trees that grow in numbers for just 2F each. Make some and never worry about food or water again.

3 x 4 x 13 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.4 x 0.8 =1.99, rounded up would be 2 Fear for self-replicating trees.
while true, it would only be a redundancy unless you get hundreds of thousands of followers.

Additionally, there's a far more effective usage for producers besides food for followers, but nobody seems to have figured that out yet
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm... make building materials?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It can be any substance, right? What about toxic uranium gas or liquid gold?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:48:19 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just thought of something, can we modify ourselves?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:51:23 pm by Failbird105 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

It can be any substance, right? What about toxic uranium gas or liquid gold?
Maybe not liquid gold, but definitely most solids. as a general rule, if it's hot enough to melt steel beams, you probably can't get it in liquid form without specialized traits and setups.

Edit @ failbird: No, you can't do that. You already are so powerful that modifying yourself could have disastrous consequences.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:40:38 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can they make weapons like club or swords? Can they make magical substances like "mana"? Can they be used to create new substances? Explosives?

Can a productor create more of the substance they are made of, like a slime that keeps creating more slime and growing in size each turn?

Can we use them to produce anything that could be a bane/weakness/irritant of a monster? Do we need IC knowledge of said weakness for that?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Can they make weapons like club or swords? Can they make magical substances like "mana"? Can they be used to create new substances? Explosives?

Can a productor create more of the substance they are made of, like a slime that keeps creating more slime and growing in size each turn?

Can we use them to produce anything that could be a bane/weakness/irritant of a monster? Do we need IC knowledge of said weakness for that?

1, Not directly, no. same goes for explosives.
2, No, because magic is a completely different animal.
3, Sadly, my better judgement and desire to avoid more work says no. I'm 50/50 on that since it could lead to issues with each horror having their own set of materials, but at the same time it would have the potential to create some awesome eldritch artifacts.
4,No, to prevent a gray goo scenario I will have to disallow that. thanks for the suggestion though, i'll keep it in mind if someone triggers one of the apocalyptic magnitude 10 events.
5, Now you're starting to think the way I was thinking when I made the trait.
6,You'll have to discover the weaknesses of monsters/horrors that were secretly created if you want to exploit them, but for all publicly created monsters you can use the information right away.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Okay, so I have found myself with a bit more free time then I had originally intended so I am submitting this now
Name: The Mother Of Laughter
Symbol: A rainbow intersected by a pink castle.
Color: Pink
Description: A tiny, pink, feathered, elephant with humanoid jaws, lips, and legs, walks on a carpet of cyan mist.

Since I already reserved a spot, this should be fine, right?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:55:17 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

no
It's a bit rediculous, but all acceptable. I will certainly laugh if it turns out they end up being the one to destroy the world.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, Laughter, especially uncontrollable, awkward laughter gives him some sort of power, obviously, or at least he likes to tell himself ]that so that should be just fine. Although I fail to see how destroying the world is in my interest how will I torment tickle thousands of people to deathto the point of tears if the world explodes ???

Quite honestly the point was to be ridiculous but it It should be also easier to spy on mortals when their first thought is not ''lets get out of here''. Even should they have the traing to recognize my being a otherworldy, they ill not think that its anything ''High level'' so to say, and thus not bother acting like I could be a real threat, which should help, no ???

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I take it someone forgot to vote ???

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did this die?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Not quite yet, but it's been hard finding time to work on a turn. Also, motivational issues.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not quite yet, but it's been hard finding time to work on a turn. Also, motivational issues.

Just know that I for one support you 100 percent if you feel you need to take a break form this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]