Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LSC Save Editor?  (Read 10293 times)

Rick_Locker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
LSC Save Editor?
« on: November 13, 2017, 03:35:33 am »

Is there a save editor for Liberal Crime Squad anywhere? I've been using cheat engine to change skills but it takes a lot of time and I can only do 1 skill at a time on one person. So I wanted to ask is there any way to edit saves?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LSC Save Editor?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:21 am »

Editing some things in LCS is very easy if you have a hexidecimal editor, including most aspects of your liberals as well as values for laws, public opinion, etc. Any hex editor will do. Unfortunately, adding people to the game is a lot more difficult.

The Terra Vitae mod includes a wide variety of cheat commands which were originally included for debugging purposes, but they work great for setting up scenarios, too, including making the game more difficult instead of less.

Rick_Locker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:50:18 am »

I'm trying to use HxD but in the text-string all I'm getting are characters I don't understand. Here's the first line of text on the 48 bytes per row setting:

¤œ..¿h3Ñ|u™_]Ç...»%è..............Þ.............

I don't understand any of that. And there are a lot of these as well: ÿ

I'm not a programmer, I don't understand code or hex at all and the last three times I tried to learn I got a headache with the last attempt causing something to pop and knocking me into bed for a day.

I just want to edit the squad's skills in a way that's faster and easier then cheat engine that also lets me edit attributes, but I'm starting to think such a way doesn't exist.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:07 am »

Ues note pad ++, that way you can edit more then one stat at a time.
ignore the funny text, what your after is just the text.
Keep a back up, you will mess things up.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:43:12 am »

I'm trying to use HxD but in the text-string all I'm getting are characters I don't understand. Here's the first line of text on the 48 bytes per row setting:

¤œ..¿h3Ñ|u™_]Ç...»%è..............Þ.............

I don't understand any of that. And there are a lot of these as well: ÿ

I'm not a programmer, I don't understand code or hex at all and the last three times I tried to learn I got a headache with the last attempt causing something to pop and knocking me into bed for a day.

I just want to edit the squad's skills in a way that's faster and easier then cheat engine that also lets me edit attributes, but I'm starting to think such a way doesn't exist.

All of the hex editors that I have ever used have had a window that tells you what the number values for each character in the hex file is, as well as the characters themselves (like that string of 48 bytes you just gave me). You need to pay attention to these numbers as well.

All of the skills and attributes are stored as an HTML script in the latter part of the the save file, though, so they're stored as text. The order of the skills is in the order they are in the code, though, so that won't help you, but you can edit the attributes easily enough.

You are correct though in that there is no transparent and simple way to edit LCS save files without learning to program and modifying the game executable. What I recommend is that you start playing the Terra Vitae Mod (which I created, so I know how it works and can change it), and then start using the cheat commands that I provide with the game and provide documentation on how to use. If there is any cheat command that you want and which isn't there, you can post a request for it on that thread and I can put one in for you.

ryacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:35 pm »

so... can the save file include comment code in the future to make it easier to edit?

or should I just set every skill to 20, and every attribute to 10?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »

so... can the save file include comment code in the future to make it easier to edit?

It would break compatibility.
Then again, the save functionality in LCS is fairly simple.
For 4.12.5 I shall add a "debug_save" option that saves the game as plaintext instead of hexcode.  It shall be included in the debug_defines.txt file.
I'll have it ready by the end of the month.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 05:45:58 am »

For 4.12.5 I shall add a "debug_save" option that saves the game as plaintext instead of hexcode.  It shall be included in the debug_defines.txt file.

Wow, that sounds nice! Can you send me the code for that IsaacG so that I can incorporate it?

Thanks!

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 11:12:40 am »

Wow, that sounds nice! Can you send me the code for that IsaacG so that I can incorporate it?

Thanks!
Absolutely.   :D
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 05:09:11 pm »

Or you can set every skill to 40 and every attribute to 80.
Then increase Juice to its max value of 1000.
And funds to its max value of just over 2 Billion.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/67o6u7uv8n8uha7/LCS_4.12.5.zip

*laughs incoherently*
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Rick_Locker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 05:20:09 pm »

OK so I just downloaded the latest version of LCS that apparently has a save editor but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I've found the file "debug_defines.txt" which shows a list of debug codes/cheats but I can't figure out how to do this in-game.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:17 pm »

OK so I just downloaded the latest version of LCS that apparently has a save editor but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I've found the file "debug_defines.txt" which shows a list of debug codes/cheats but I can't figure out how to do this in-game.
My apologies, I guess I hadn't made is clear.
Open the file debug_defines.txt
Uncomment the line "verbose saves" (remove the # symbol, so VERBOSE_SAVES is the line)
Now any save file "worldName.dat" will also have a "worldName.verbose".  Open it in a text editor, and most in-game stats will be presented in plain text, e.g.
Code: [Select]
#Attack
#Heart
[\code]
Modify to your heart's content, and they will be applied the next time you load the save.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4