Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope  (Read 2332 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 11:18:31 am »

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a trailer for this a while ago. I thought it was ugly as sin, and so did everyone else I think. Public opinion has been harshly against it since then. I'm curious to see some actual reviews from people who played the whole thing though. Of course, it looks like the game was hurriedly released onto Steam without anyone getting review copies ahead of time, which doesn't instill much confidence.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 09:11:27 pm »

The game is live now.

Initial feedback seems positive from people who are giving it a fair chance...though there is a ton of hate from people who haven't played or can't get over the fact that it's not Story of Seasons or Stardew Valley.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 09:10:41 am »

Comparing it to other similar games is a valid criticism and not just "hate", especially when the other titles are fairly recent.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 09:19:53 am »

Comparing it to other similar games is a valid criticism and not just "hate", especially when the other titles are fairly recent.

A comparison would be valid. What I'm seeing is not a comparison though. People aren't listing specific pros and cons of this game against the other games. They're just making the blanket statement that it's not one of the alternatives, and therefore it's garbage.
Pages: 1 [2]