Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wont haul food  (Read 439 times)

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
wont haul food
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:32:58 am »

I had a lot of prepared meals in my kitchen and wanted them hauled to stockpiles (which are right next to the kitchen) before they rotted, so I went to standing orders and disabled everything except "dwarves gather food" but now there not doing anything, they do literally anything else and then when that's done they just sit around idleing
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wont haul food
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:37:57 am »

UPDATE: nvm I figured it out, turns out food hauling is just a really low priority job, once I disabled all labors cept food hauling on a couple dwarves that started hauling immedtily
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: wont haul food
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 09:39:59 am »

Edit: Glad you figured it out :)  I typically have ~1/3 of my Dwarves assigned as Haulers for exactly that reason.  They store my food & booze, move stone closer to the workshops, build walls, etc.  Never underestimate the value of having an ample supply of peasants to keep your Fortress running.

Few things to check here.  First; do you have enough containers?  You need either 'Rock Pot' or 'Wooden Barrel' to store your food and booze.  These are crafted at a Mason & Carpenter Workshops, respectively.  Second; Does your stockpile have food/booze enabled?  Third; have you adjusted your stockpile to only take from certain workshops?  If not setup properly, that can mess up your hauling
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:41:51 am by Immortal-D »