Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roll for the player above you: Redux  (Read 1366 times)

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll for the player above you: Redux
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 11:10:27 pm »

[6]

You learn magic, and turn out to be a prodigy! You quickly become very skilled at it, but at a cost: turns out that characters need balancing! Your natural prowess in magic is a detriment to all your other stats! Many are at 0 or even -1, with your charisma being your main dump stat at -2

Learn from Tiruin how to branch out onto the rest of the forum from FEF!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »

o/ Eyo Jerila

[6]

You go all over the forum! People see you everywhere, doing everything!

Unfortunately, that takes up a lot of time... time that you should really be spending doing homework. Oops.

Using my dragon equipment (confirmed real because roll of 5), defend Smoke Mirrors to allow for stat growth.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 11:16:45 pm »

[4] Using your Draconic Gear, you go visit Smoke Mirror. Your awesome appearance turns out so inspiring that Smoke Mirrors starts brushing his teeth and taking good care of his skin, restoring his charisma. Then filled with inspiration, he works with such dedication that he overcomes his detrimental stats!

Visit the grave of the previous game. Smoke a cigarette, pour a bottle of whiskey on it, and says:
"That was a fun ride. Rest well ol' friend."

And then roll a die.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:50 pm »

I'm actually supposed to be doing homework. Either way, heyo \o

[5]

The grave is peaceful and there is a light drizzle. Perfect for setting the mood, but not harsh enough to make your cigarette difficult to light. Its spirit appreciates your visit and gift of whiskey. It can truly rest now.

Nonetheless, there's rolling to be done! You roll a die. For what purpose? It's only known by you, and the PM sent to Tiruin.

[4] Not too shabby.

Hop in the RTD as a charisma based person!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 06:37:32 am »

You get into a game and you have incredible charisma, you are capable of bluffing your way out of anything. Unfortunately, all the enemies are non sentient, and can't be bluffed.

Work on stat growth.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 04:00:05 pm »

People seem to be rolling a lot of sixes in here.

(6)

You work incredibly hard to bring your other stats on par with your magic level, but in the process you forget most of your training in spellcasting and wizardry and whatever. Now you have all-around amazing stats, but you can't control your innate magic powers, which creates a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Oh, and Glass is in mortal danger right now because he's your party member.

Work to make Estratia a better RTD.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 09:04:26 pm »

[5]

It's perfect! Everything about it has been made great! There's something for every player that might conceivably play and RTD!
That said, I'm not sure 100% what or who Estratia is. But the game you made/improved is absolutely awesome!

Now. Split off from SM and go work on finding him some magic-controlling artifacts. I don't think that anything is going to attack him while I'm out; there's a couple small hurricanes made of fire and poison and stuff revolving around him and they look dangerous.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 03:59:11 am »

Estratia is my RtD. It has gotten rather inactive in the last few months, although that's mainly my fault. Anyway, back to the game...

(1)

You search high and low for something that could inhibit or control smoke mirrors' destructive magic, but find absolutely nothing. Nobody seems to have ever heard of such an artifact, nor can you find any trace of one and to top it all off, you get lost in a large cave that you've started searching recently. You can hear a roar coming from the depths.

Get surgery for eye laser implants then go on a quest to find a very specific dwarf called Holfi.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:20:09 am by Neoexdeath »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 08:40:41 am »

No clue who Smokescreen is, but good thing that roll didn't effect me in the slightest. Hello new party member.

You get the implants, but unfortunately, the lasers shoot from behind your eyes, blinding you. You begin your quest.

Use my amazing int and wis scores to make an artifact that will help.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 09:27:55 am »

Ouch. Also, sorry for the typo.

(1)

Unfortunately, you manage to create a crystal that instead amplifies your magic powers even further, making everything around you an area of literal death and despair. To make matters worse, the artifact binds itself to your right hand permanently.

Stop my quest for now and go find a healer to cure my blindness and maybe fix my eye lasers.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 09:49:22 am »

Okay guys, please try to wait for at least 2 people to post before posting again yourself. At least, that's the standard that I've been using, and it's been better in my opinion.

Anyway...
[3]

You stopped your quest, and you're looking for a healer. Kind of hard considering you're blind, but you've heard of who can help. Now to find your way there.

Now, search that roaring dungeon for useful stuff. If it's dangerous, it should have good loot.
Can I get a +1 for high-quality equipment?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 03:33:43 pm »

2+1

You manage to find a strange orange crystal that sucks in light and nothing else. Well, it is loot.
(To clarify, that means you find nothing else, not that it does nothing else.)

Search for some demons that feed on negative emotions and bind them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:38:02 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 11:42:19 pm »

[4]

Despite the fact that all around you is a ridiculous amount of wild magic, you manage to find some demons and not kill them straight away. You quickly think of the death of your old pet fish from when you were a child. It's not sad enough to make the demons stronger, but you can tell from their expressions that they're feeding off of it. Time to bind them! Your magical capabilities certainly help you out here.

[5+1 from super strong magic]

The binding goes off without a hitch! ...Well, almost. At first glance, the demons seem perfectly fine, but the strength of your magic is too much! The bindings are killing them! Well, they're not exactly alive, so you can't be killing them... Either way, they're soon gonna be unresponsive forever.

You get 2 actions before the demons are vanquished!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start bluffing the players to be ACTUAL tanks for me!

(Smoke, it's a different Meta-RTD than the one you and Neo are in, right?)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 05:04:48 pm »

I don't believe I'm in another meta RTD with Neo.

You try, but instead, they turn against you, and you loose your voice at the same time.

Create a tiny village in a snow glove where the people are constanstantly being gruesomely killed by a terrifying murder (Saw like fashion) and then returning from the dead without their memories in order to provide constant fuel for the demons so they won't die.

Pages: 1 [2]