Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 34 (26.2%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (6.2%)
More lore!
- 10 (7.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (16.9%)
Plagues!
- 26 (20%)
More secrets!
- 20 (15.4%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 10 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240]

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 266819 times)

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
  • [SACRIFICE_CAT:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3585 on: July 10, 2015, 07:23:55 am »

ah, it was from LFR/direforged mod! also, is there a 40.xx version for lfr/direforged mod?
kittunns yay ~WalterWhite from DashNet forums
i am a cat. with a laser gun to shoot cat killers

chipathingy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: October 04, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »

Hey. Not sure if this thread is dead or not.

I think there may be a bug with the shedim devouring corpses. I've had a couple of crashes during shedim seiges and I suspect that it has something to do with this transformation. It doesn't happen when no-one dies.

And would it be possible to make the bog trolls harder? In my current fort they show up in large groups but aren't armed or armoured, except for maybe the leader. My legendary mace and sword lords chew through them in no time at all.

Any tips for attracting voidwalkers? Just the standard increase population and wealth triggers or something else?

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: December 16, 2018, 07:34:00 pm »

Arise, arise, one more time, arise!

That I miss this mod to DF speaks as much about my age as it does the march of the game's development. Regardless (and while I have absolutely no news or ability to contribute), I'm putting out an open request to update this mod to the latest version of DF. I'm sure it's no small undertaking, though Usul put in some work back in 2015.

If you've got some modding talent and you're willing to bring LFR to the current era, I'm offering a bounty of some Steam games I have in inventory. You get the mod up to speed and I'll hand over all of the following:

Dead Island, GOTY edition
EYE: Divine Cybermancy
Tropico 4 Collector's Edition
Cortex Command (this one's an old humble bundle key, small chance it won't work)

OR

A $20 Steam game of your choosing; bought now or during the Christmas sale.

If this kind of a request is out of line, then do tell. I know it's not a great haul compared to the work that may be involved to get things updated, but this is as much a plea as it is an offer. Holler here or throw me a PM if you've got questions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: December 16, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »

+1

Enthusiastic +1

I think I have some extra keys on my humble bundle account I've never used that I could chip in, too.

Part of the reason I haven't played a serious fort in the last few years, is a distinct lack of Forlorn Realms.

There are other mods that do a great job of cleaning up and optimizing the game, mini-mods, overhauling individual aspects of the game such as combat, etc... but no major overhauls have drawn me in with their added content as much as Forlorn Realms did.

Unfortunately, I don't think a simple port to newer versions would do this mod justice.  It needs a serious overhaul to incorporate stuff that the modding community has improved upon over the last few years, and general updating to current sensibility.  I'm thinking the races, crafting progression, artifact system, etc re-built from scratch on top of Revised.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: December 19, 2018, 04:16:44 am »

it's hard. it's very hard. this repo is partially updated to 0.43, which is mostly the same as 0.44, but it's crashy for reasons I could never pinpoint, so I sort of left it on the backburner and eventually forgot about it. This was two years ago. I'd use it as a starting point, because it's mostly converted properly.

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:25 am »

I second the idea of rewarding the brave hero, who will update the mod. Even noticing some posts dating on the late 2018 in the thread gave me a happy thought.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240]