Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Synthwave pallete  (Read 3289 times)

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Synthwave pallete
« on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »

Was doing some tests trying to do a synthwave pallete:

The first test is this. Reduced the amount of colors of an image with alot of synthwave colors to 16, using an image editor (irfranview). The result was not so good because of the lack of color variety to represent all DF colors..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
An image with it:

If I got an image with equal amounts of all DF 16 original colors and used the same program (irfranview) and tried to convert this image to the previous 16 colors synthwave pallete, some of the original DF colors would be converted to the same synthwave pallete colors.

Because of that I decided to do a new test:

I decided to get the same image full of synthwave covers and use corel draw reduce it to a 64 colors pallete, then with the the previous image that contain equal amounts of DF colors, I used corel draw to convert this image pallete to the 64 colors synthwave pallete. Now each original DF color became a unique color of the 64 colors pallete.
PS:64 colors was the smallest number that would lead to each original DF color having his own unique color of the generated synthwave pallete.
An image with it:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:43:12 am by exdeath »

Clyybber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Synthwave pallete
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:37:56 pm »

That looks amazingly horrifying. Kinda reminds me of that West zone of hyperlightdrifter

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Synthwave pallete
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:27:25 am »

That looks amazingly horrifying. Kinda reminds me of that West zone of hyperlightdrifter

Someone made a thread about doing a synthwave fortress, and I assumed he was requesting a synthwave pallete.
I got curious about the idea and made those palletes as some test and decided to post the results of my test at the thread.
After reading again the thread, I saw he was going to use the original pallete and was not requesting a synthwave pallete, so I decided to remove my post.
After someone called my palletes "awesome", I decided to post them here to anyone interested.