Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MachinaMandala's Modding Minutes  (Read 763 times)

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MachinaMandala's Modding Minutes
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:13:42 pm »

This is going to be a log for me to note down interest things / test results that I've discovered through my modding experience. Feel free to suggest anything to be tested.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:01:41 am by MachinaMandala »

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MachinaMandala's Modding Minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »

Reserved.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:42 pm »

Reserved2.

((YOU MAY NOW POST.))

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »

Nice, makes sense.

I have some of my tests that I'd like to pass off if you're inclined on being the resident scientist

• Current bug with Dark Fortresses: Does having a GENERAL or a MONARCH for a Entity that uses Dark Fortresses as their default site crash the game, or is it having a POSITION that is CHAT_WORTHY crash it.
  • How does SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED work on the following CEs it manages. Does it Multiply the SEV, add to the SEV. What does the base 100:1000 mean on vanilla alcohol, does it mean add 100 SEV to a max of 1000? or is it an internal counter of "this can be stacked to 1000, but goes up by 100" would 1:10 be the same? or have a weaker effect. Can -negative numbers be used to make a cure? Or can a placeholder syndrome that does no CE be used to make a temp "vaccine" to prevent any other SYN_IDENTIFIER syndromes from applying (make a flu-shot)
  • Interaction Usage Hints: What works better in fortress mode. No usage hint at all for use whenever interactions, GREETING, CLEAN_FRIEND, CLEAN_SELF. Is there a difference between how Sentient AI uses interactions and how non-sentient AI use them (Dwarf vs Dog)

Edit not to Double Post

4. Testing to see if a multi creature civ can be forced using POSTIONS that REQUIRE_CREATURE even when the entity says it can use 2+ Creatures. Will this allow to have a sprinkle of all the creatures at each location, and potentially breed and upgrade the populace making a multi cultured civ without caste magic (or hoping for them to move in)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:30:22 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 05:39:23 am »

Nice, makes sense.

I have some of my tests that I'd like to pass off if you're inclined on being the resident scientist

• Current bug with Dark Fortresses: Does having a GENERAL or a MONARCH for a Entity that uses Dark Fortresses as their default site crash the game, or is it having a POSITION that is CHAT_WORTHY crash it.
  • How does SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED work on the following CEs it manages. Does it Multiply the SEV, add to the SEV. What does the base 100:1000 mean on vanilla alcohol, does it mean add 100 SEV to a max of 1000? or is it an internal counter of "this can be stacked to 1000, but goes up by 100" would 1:10 be the same? or have a weaker effect. Can -negative numbers be used to make a cure? Or can a placeholder syndrome that does no CE be used to make a temp "vaccine" to prevent any other SYN_IDENTIFIER syndromes from applying (make a flu-shot)
  • Interaction Usage Hints: What works better in fortress mode. No usage hint at all for use whenever interactions, GREETING, CLEAN_FRIEND, CLEAN_SELF. Is there a difference between how Sentient AI uses interactions and how non-sentient AI use them (Dwarf vs Dog)

I'll check these.

For 1:

4. Testing to see if a multi creature civ can be forced using POSTIONS that REQUIRE_CREATURE even when the entity says it can use 2+ Creatures. Will this allow to have a sprinkle of all the creatures at each location, and potentially breed and upgrade the populace making a multi cultured civ without caste magic (or hoping for them to move in)

I've done this in the past to force lizardman civs to have dragons as their rules 99% of the time (only when there are less dragons than civs does it become a problem). I'll check it based off just normal races, though.

Remember that baby snatcher civs are almost always some sort of multiracial, though. I've had instances where a "goblin" attack has happened and it's been a mix of elves, goblins, dwarves and humans.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:02:16 am by MachinaMandala »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 11:17:50 am »

Excellent tests on #1

#4 reason why I had indicated that, was some Entities I don't want to be baby snatchers. As the reason would be to keep special variations of a race apart for Graphic reasons. Or I wanted a friendly entity that is a mix of dwarves and humans. With the new tavern/migration system it's possible that these happen naturally, but as a guarantee it'd be nice to have it as a mandatory option.