Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DartMUD email provider uncertainity.  (Read 1060 times)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DartMUD email provider uncertainity.
« on: December 27, 2017, 03:53:01 pm »

Greetings! I would like to know if: Onet.pl, Outlook and o2.pl are considered free email providers for Dartmud. If yes, tell me what email providers I can use to log on to Dartmud without risk of character deletion due to email issues and if they are paid:
How long does it cost, monthly?
Does it provide free trial and if yes how long does it last?
Are there free email providers that Darmud tolerates?

I sense this is a great mud, and being locked out of it just because I have incompatible email is just plain stupid.
EDIT: If I have posted in the wrong forum tell me where I should post this, so that I may get the answers I seek.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DartMUD email provider uncertainity.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 04:00:22 pm »

I have the feeling it is both the right place and the wrong place at the same time. I think it would be best to find the Dartmud forum ( look like the community section on their website is down since.... 2006? O.O). Good place because well, other games, and wrong place because i dont htink anybody here can help. I sure hope to be wrong there and i wish somebody will be able to help you but otherwise, i never saw or heard about dartMUD in this part of town.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »

On what particular forum I should post on Dartmud forums and how do I do that?

Tried to contact the creators in game but all i got is silence.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 04:11:24 pm »

Well to be honest, if i were in your shoes, i would jumpship and find somewhere else, if their website is in maintenance since 2006.... well that would scare the shit out of me into paying for something. Also i found this little bit of information off their wikipedia page.

DartMUD is maintained by donations from staff and players alike — since 2004, more than half of operating expenses have been covered by player contributions using PayPal. Unlike many other MUDs which encourage player donations, DartMUD never has conveyed any in-game reward or recognition to players who donate.

Most relevant information seem to predate 2009, there is little tidbits of information past that date but its more about host changing, and technical stuff.

There seem however to have a facebook group page, might be good to join and ask question there. Im quite sure a couple veteran will be able to help you with your inquiries.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dartmud/about/

I hope these information will be enough to help you out.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 04:14:20 pm »

Also just found this link out, looking at the datestamp that might be why i didnt remember it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48290.15

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 04:21:31 pm »

I would still regardless, try to get into the game. I rather do not use Facebook even though I have an account there.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »

Are there any other sources I can get information that I seek? Aside from the outdated website and the facebook page.