Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about the final 34.11 version (simplified meat, orc mode, etc)  (Read 2046 times)

SpiritArmor

• Bay Watcher
  • Your curiosity will be the death of you.
    • View Profile

Been getting back into the final version of 34.11, and I have a few questions about simplified meat in particular and orc mode in general:

• Simplified Meat. All fresh installs of the final 34.11 version seem to have this ON by default, which is a problem since turning it OFF does nothing (i.e. all types of meat are still just "meat," rather than "[species] meat"). Is there anyway to fix this via the raws, like copy-pasting from somewhere else, or am I better off using, say, Studded With Patches or a slightly older version?
  • Bone Blocks. They're not fire-safe in 34.11; anyone know where in the raws I can change this? I've been looking for ages, but I can't find them anywhere.
  • Large Bone Pots. They're useless in 34.11, since (AFAIK) they can't be glazed/upgraded to actually hold liquids. Same kind of issue as the above, I have no idea where to change this in the raws.

I should make the plunge to 43.05 someday, but I'm still very attached to seasonal invasions and other idiosyncrasies of 34.11.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the final 34.11 version (simplified meat, orc mode, etc)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:50:35 am »

I am sure someday the more-fully simulated world will be awesome, but, yeah, i miss the invasions.  It was a different game; pretty peaceful these days.

I don't know/remember the answer to your questions.  (as far as I know those features were all Masterwork things, not Orc fortress things)

SpiritArmor

• Bay Watcher
  • Your curiosity will be the death of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:22 pm »

I am sure someday the more-fully simulated world will be awesome, but, yeah, i miss the invasions.  It was a different game; pretty peaceful these days.

I don't know/remember the answer to your questions.  (as far as I know those features were all Masterwork things, not Orc fortress things)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to more features to fill in the gaps between invasions, like artifacts and magic. In the meantime, 34.11 feels better for orc fort mode- more bodies and materials to feed the orkish war machine, so the game gets going faster.

Anyway, thanks; guess I'll have to spend more time digging through the raws (or give the older Studded With Patches version a whirl)! Was Orc Fort ever released on its own?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 12:59:39 am »

It was released standalone before it got rolled into the main Masterwork releases, but it was always designed for MW. 

If I do get around to make a vanilla compatible version, like after Tarn's next big update sometime, I will definitely share.

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:05:24 pm »

1. Are you rolling a new world? The change is kinda baked in to the worlstate, as far as I can tell.
2. no clue.
3. you seam to be relying on bone a lot. If its a theam, upgrading to ironbone would probably stay in it and its not hard.

And don't worry, you are not the only one to be sticking with 34. Warlocks, gnomes, and orks are keeping me there. Orks with no invasions are a joke.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:32 am »

Question of my own:
In gnome mode, how you can build mechanic dragon? If i build one set of materials, there are still no option to build it. There was implications that i need 10 or something of them, and while it's not THAT horribly expensive in itself, you can buy full caravan with just one iron dragon frame (50000 or so).  :P
Also, i think you can build mechanic animals of any metal, and it all will be the same material. Which one? Like iron? Lower? Higher?
And why the hell there are STILL no proper wiki on old masterwork? Not even on dwarf mode.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:27:43 am by MCreeper »

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:12:42 am »

Its not just the frame. if I remember correctly, you need a clockwork brain and some other bits too. I just maintained a stock of 20, I think, of all the bits and bobs and had no trouble. On the wiki thing, its because there is an integrated guide that comes with MW. At least that's what I alwase figured.