Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: library elements missing  (Read 318 times)

PatientRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
library elements missing
« on: November 19, 2017, 07:30:23 am »

Greetings-- been playing DF for ages but been on a hiatus. Came back to check out "new" features like the tavern and library. Got Tavern and Temples up and running no problem. Established the zone for a library but none of the furniture or bookmaking elements are available for crafting. Bookcases, scrolls, etc. Am I going crazy? Found one bug report saying something similar (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9206) so I re-downloaded the PyLNP 0.43.05-r10 in case my files went bad but no change. Here's my save file if that's helpful: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13196

(P.S. After a red dragon melted most of my residents I have her in a cage while I level up my animal trainer. Gonna be fun.)

Any ideas?
I am expert at Giant Badger training.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: library elements missing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:38 am »

Yes, you're continuing a 0.40.24 game (region 2 is generated with 0.40.24, so I assume region1 is as well).
Most of the new features will remain unavailable until you generate a world with a version that supports the new features.

Edit: The new reactions (for creating the items) will remain unavailable. Existing books/codices will remain rather useless. It's unknown whether off sites will write any books (of the new type). There will be no instruments as those are defined during world gen, and it's unknown whether art forms will start being generated from scratch as you embark.

Thus, upgrading an existing save to the latest DF version will give you bug fixes and some of the new stuff. I'd recommend generating a new world and play in that one
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:00:13 am by PatrikLundell »

PatientRock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:31 am »

Ah nuts. You'd think I'd know this, but a basic question-- that essentially means I'd have to start a new fortress?

Thanks for the reply!
I am expert at Giant Badger training.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 12:13:30 pm »

New world -> new fortress, yes. As you've seen, you CAN continue the existing one, but with missing features. You're the only one who can decide what hurts the least, though.