Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 22658 times)

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [PLAYERS WANTED]
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:17 am »

Those actions are good. I don't mind format, so long as I have the info I need and you want. I can just draw scandinavian inspiration for your home culture, NUKE. And that sounds about right for Scavs yeah.

Post actions either in the forum or PM them to me if you want it to be a secret.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:51:10 am by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 10:11:30 am »

Central range I guess.
Tree approaches a solitary goat and thoughtfully stares into it's eyes, questing for it's motives. What does it want?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 10:34:08 am »

"Let us sail, brethren, to the ends of the world and beyond. Let our blades drink deep in southern blood, and our holds burst with southern gold."
-Steelclaw Mistweaver

The Icy Maiden, a 40-meter long beast of a ship, crewed by 120 fierce warriors, and followed by half a dozen smaller ships, glides serenely across the sea. The mists follow her, drawn by the enchantments laid into her menacing prow. The islanders see only a bank of clouds nearing the shore, and by the time the Maiden comes into view, it is far, far too late.

An Ijzervolk raiding fleet, led by Steelclaw Mistweaver in the Icy Maiden, terrorises the islands in the western Norlands.
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 11:32:10 am »

At the center of the Clearwater enclave, deep within Yinglet territory, which is really more like "land where yinglets are" than it is territory, a group of Yinglets sat in a large(by their standards) room, around a large(by their standards) table, of the finest(read: average) craftmanship, imported from the human empire which their lands bordered. This group was a summit consisting of the best and brightest from each enclave in the union, whose group discussion was over, leaving it up to the matriarchs to make their decision on the actions of the enclaves. They were well dressed, some with weapons or armor of far higher craftsmanship than their own kinds, each of them representing the best their species had to offer... and about a quarter of them were well meaning idiots.

The first at the table was Men Redwood, Patriarch of hunting from the Redwood enclave, a rather lankily built Ying with, who flipped around a surprisingly well crafted knife in his tiny padded hand.
"So I said to him, you zink zat is a knife? ZIS is a KNIFE!" Patriarch Men said as he slammed blade into the table. You could tell that was where he always sits, because the area of the table in front of him was riddled with deep gashes from the many times he had slammed the blade into the table.

The large, well built scav next to him in leather armor was Cras Rocktooth, Patriarch of combat from the Rocktooth enclave
"Yes Men, zat is ze fourz time you have told me zat story today." He said, dutifully holding himself back from shutting the smaller yinglet up through force as he leaned on the butt of his spear.

The rest were far less vocal, more willing to wait for the matriarchs private discussion to finish in peace, or just occupying themselves in one way or another. These included Poak Clearwater, Patriarch of Food from the Clearwater enclave, a Ying built almost as well as Cras, but noticeably... bigger boned, who was content to simply nod along and enjoy another of Mens stories, Zamzank Ironhole, Patriarch of trade from the Ironhole enclave, a cut up and scraggly old Scav, counting up the coin once more from his last deal, and Dhollu Goldfields, Patriarch of agriculture from the traditionalist Goldfields enclave an outstandingly unremarkable yinglet in appearance, who simply sat patiently in silence.

The matriarchs turned back to the group of males at the other end of the table, their conference finished, they had made their decisions. It was High Matriarch Edo Clearwater, of the Clearwater Enclave who spoke, as she always had, being the oldest and wisest of the matriarchs, they all deferred to her naturally.

"We have come to a decision. Patriarch Poak, you are to work wiz Patriarch Dhollu to help improve and standardize ze farming mezods he has developed for his enclave." She said.

The pudgy yinglet grunted his affirmation in a surprisingly deep voice, Dhollu meanwhile simply nodded.

"Patriarch Men, we have taken notice of Patriarch Cras' warnings about sieged tribal enclaves to ze norz, you are to have scouting parties on watch at all times, as warning to outer enclaves should an attack come. Take caution, we have no idea what it is we are dealing wiz."

Men, who was trying, unsuccessfully, to pull his knife from the table in which it was embedded, responded amidst his strained grunts

"uh, yeah *urhn* I'll get *grrh* right on zat."

Cras proceeded to reach over to the weapon, and yank it out with a solid tug, before speaking.

"Excuse me Matriarchs, but I was zinking, our kind are survivors, true, and adaptable as well, but we are not strong, you know zis well, as do I. What we need, is strengz, but zere is only so much we can gain zrough training. Next generation will need to be strong, I was zinking, maybe if I could get some more time wiz ze ladies, we could, ah, start on zat?" He said, with a blush creeping over his face as he finished his request.

The High Matriarch simply sighed, before replying
"Cras, zough your motives are as clear as always, you do have a point, I will allow you time wiz ze women of our enclave if zey will allow it, however, you will have to deal wiz your own matriarch later to ask of your own. As for your proposal Zamzank, yes, I do feel it would be useful to get into touch wiz ze humans, some higher quality spears zen what we can make of our own would be useful. You are all dismissed"

And with that, the Yinglets left, each to deal with their own projects.

Actions: Improvement and standardization of farming techniques from "put seeds in ground and hope they grow" to "make neat fields of crops, water them regularly, and fertilize effectively. Active scouting parties around the outskirts of Yinglet territory. Selective breeding prioritizing strength and well built physiques. Purchase better spears from humans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:45:23 pm by Failbird105 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2017, 11:38:51 am »

Primitive Nation
Name: Acid-Vision Tribe
Race: Lizardfolk (Green-scaled Lizard people)
Culture Foundation: Cannibalism, Defiling, Raiding, Fungicultute, Banditry, etc.
Description: In some distant swamp/jungle tribe near one of the colonies or distant outskirts of the Iomeeran Empire, the tribe of the Lizardfolk of the Acid Vision performed raiding and pillaging of trade caravans and peasant villages. Taking in human captives to be used in their gruesome sacrifices to the Lizard Gods, and even than even eating the captives as well. Led by the Mystic, who acts like a shaman and speaks with the "dead" and performs the rituals for the tribe, this intimidating mystic known as Viletooth considers himself a intellectual and a superior over all other forms of life, as he is a strengthened Lizard veteran who suffered many battles against the vile humans. The Tribe usually uses poisoned blowdarts, slings, and sometimes bows for combat; and prefer solid spears and leather shields for melee. They have also developed net made of the jungle vines so that they can capture their prey. Magic through the Mystics is a well-guarded secrets, usually with a mix of magic with commune of the ancients and blood magic is performed for their devastating rituals, the Mystics can channel and manipulate the energy of elements, talk with magical spirits, and even create poisonous gas against their enemies. The Lizardfolk biology and anatomy is naturally strong and agile compared to humans, they have claws and lizard teeth to attack their prey, which they use when they become feral. Lizardfolk are known to have powerful regeneration where if they lose a tail from battle that it could be replaced in a few months. The main weakness of Lizards is their fear of domestication, they hate forms of stability and sedentary lifestyle. They only respect the wisdom of the elderly, as their intelligence and ingenuity is rather underwhelming. However older Lizards can become more wise and experienced through raw time and battle, but if a Lizardfolk isn't properly indoctrinated to proper tribal etiquette, they become feral and ravenous. Acting as mindless beast that attack everything and eat anything.

Edit: Location request for some sort of jungle or swamp place, preferable near some form of human civilization, trade route, or distant peasant villages.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:51:59 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 03:09:43 pm »

Yes nations can take multiple actions- They are nations after all haha.
Shadowclaw- Rechecking the map the only place that would possibly be jungly would be around the desert rivers, and it still wouldn't be too jungly. Swampy would be the river deltas, and areas in Norland, although I'm not sure how lizardfolk would handle that...
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 03:23:38 pm »

I will take the location in the area around the desert rivers than, to have some sort of jungle biome for the lizard to be kept at least. So we provide an action for our nation or whatever after our location has been determined?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:27:47 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:13 pm »

Yep fire away, since the river deltas are the swampiest/jungliest, I'm gonna say you're next to the sea. Which delta do you want, south center or north?  Just say which delta at the start of your action(s)

And yeah, you are near another nation...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:32:11 pm by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »

The Acid-Maw migration has finally led them to the Southern Delta of the river, with them seeing a vast to almost jungly biome to set their foundation upon. The morning and the ball of light arises and the tribe begins to buzz. The craftlizards and warriors work together to sharpen their primitive stone spears, lace their catching nets from vines, and fashion their hide shields to their arms. The fletchers and poison makers work in unison to make the tips of the arrowhead and blow darts be filled with natural venom of herbs and insects of the ground and even other infectious material. Viletooth as the tribe's mystic tries to assist internal affairs with the Elder Council and sets forth a scouting party for the new area. The tribe begins to assert its claim over its territory.

A group of assigned lizard scouts and trackers will be set forth to explore the Southern Delta of the river, with the trackers locating the wildlife and its viability as new prey. With the scouts setting paths, and placing  the lizard tribe's control of the area with marks around trees and places of interest. The scouts will also check for the natural botany and herbs of the place.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 04:13:30 pm »

So I might get competition/allies? We can be reptile bros? The nearly half ton snakes and the bipedal crocodiles?
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »

These are the locations-

That's better
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:10:18 pm by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »

The post has been updated. Don't worry, that will probably be the longest I ever make, and it only took so long because I had to go off and buy some things in the middle of writing it. It was only this long to introduce the Patriarchs. Also, that map is like, REALLY small.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2017, 06:55:34 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll get an imgur so I can post the full sized maps, since Discord keeps making them really small  >:(.

Now, the turns.

Flame
Wind rushing past the taught membrane of his wings, Flame dives upon the village, a gout of flame roaring from his gaping maws. Flowing voraciously through the buildings the blaze quickly becomes unstoppable. Flame rampages through the village until his claws and teeth are stained a deep crimson. Then, leaping away he leaves an intentional trail deep into the Kaboen, to allow the Iomeerans to follow him to their death.

Lakami
Since nothing really wants to mess with massive constrictor snakes, the expansion is easy, and your farmed animals flourish in the new land available. Oddly, you find a group of humans, who are saying something about lizards...? They came from the south...

Tree
You gaze deep into the eyes of this billy goat, willing it to give up it's secrets, demanding to know it's desires. After around five minutes of intense gazing you feel reality bend to you, and you now know that this goat wants to be carried up that unscalable cliff to eat those brambles. You think the same holds true for the rest of the herd.

Ijzervolk
Sailing to the isles you sing your mighty war songs, calling the gods to watch your glorious might as you strike the hapless shores! Your men charge through the soft grasses, trampling them just as you will trample your foes! Your ancestors will remember your mighty charge forever, as you gloriously rampage towards your foes. Rushing into the village you find absolutely nothing of material value. Like there's crops sure, and you could take these people as slaves, but there's no gold. No jewels or bronze idols. There is a kooky old shaman who tells you that if you seek glorious combat you should go west to the desert, but you find no money or anything- Maybe hit something with some level of development next time. The men look to Steelclaw for guidance, with the food here you could easily sail up the rivers. Will you head east?

Acid-Maw
You explore and consolidate your hold on the delta, and some intrepid individuals even explore a bit up the river. There is an abundance of prey for you, and large numbers of herbs and plants to bolster your diet- Your shamans are even suggesting you can make healing ointments with some. Annoyingly, a group of human slaves escape into the desert, fleeing north. Do you pursue?

Yinglet
The farming is a bit of a pain in the swampy land, but you get fairly organised. Your scouts find a herd of goats and some large clawed footprints in the mountains. You look at some spears the Iomeerans are willing to trade, they are wondrous, better than anything you have ever seen, their heads gleam, sharper than any stone spear and the haft is unbelievably sturdy. There is one problem however... They average 2 meters long, and are far too big for you. The selective breeding program begins, but will take time to bear fruit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:59:51 pm by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

Don't wait for me for posting your next actions btw. Also the map pictures are bigger now.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »

The tribe was even more in uproar over the knowledge that some precious human are fleeing and so near the tribe, and because they are of a weakened state they shall be easy prey. The armament for the lizards are equipped, both hunters and warriors of the tribe are set forth to gather the prey. The most prominent members of the tribe are set forth, and a war party is go and collect these weakened humans.

Have the hunters equipped with blowguns and bows, while the warriors have their classic spears and capturing nets. Set forth a quick skirmishing war party to gather and pursue these slaves, they will be fine addition to the tribe's collection. They are a valuable resource and must be harvested, pursuit must happened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25