Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Versions  (Read 381 times)

CivBesch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Versions
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:48:28 am »

It's some years ago now since I tried DF for the first time - and at the time I did not go very far anyway, so I am now giving it another try, but am learning it almost completely anew.

But I am getting into trouble from the beginning.

The problem is versions.

I used to play DF on Mac, using Therapist

I tried the latest version of DF, but it is not compatible anymore with Therapist - unless there is somewhere a version I couldn't find - hasn't it been updated?

On the other hand I was able to find back my old version of DF and Therapist, so I am able to play them, as they still seem to run smoothly on my Mac under Sierra 10.12.6.

Of course having the latest version of DF and a compatible version of Therapist would be ideal.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Versions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:11:34 pm »

DT has a bit of a handover issue. The original DT creator is no longer active, which means the first post of the DT thread points at an old version (since nobody else can edit that post). Clément has stepped in to update DT (based both on Splinterz work and work put in by others after Splinterz disappeared). I'd look at the DT thread searching from the end of it for the actual latest DT version and a working "layout" for it for the Mac.
I suspect a new DT thread will be started when the new DF version comes out and DT has caught up, but that will take some time, so the current bridge over confusion will remain for a while.

You can also sit and wait hoping for someone to actually point you to the info (I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know where they are).