Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: AVATAR LEGEND  (Read 13155 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: AVATAR LEGEND
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:16 pm »

4-7

"Go'Vosh. Please, continue." was Fbzib's simple reply, seemingly satisfying Albstraum's question. The sermon continued, the passages directly lifting from the events of Nightmare's first encounter. He listened to how Nightmare escaped, the death of the Tolmekians, and then...what came after.

With nary a second glance [5 v 2] Leonard leaps onto the dog's face! Sinking his claws out, he [8 v 5] slashes the pooch's eyelid in half, before leaping off. He attempts to flee [8] and he manages to slip back into the vegetation. Without hesitation, the five hounds begin sniffing around for him. [10+2 (Canine Smell)] They not only instantly find him, but the injured one goes berserk and chases after Leonard. [1 v 7] However, the dogs rage makes it slip around Leonard's small body as he skids off into the vegetation. The other four play it safe, rearing back and growling at him.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2017, 04:30:05 pm »

I attempt to stealthily get as far away from the canines as possible and start looking for A MAN OR WOMAN OF SCIENCE....hopefully lacking psychotic, violent, apathetic towards life type qualities.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »

*bump for Puppyguard. Sorry! I've had some health problems recently*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »

Fbzib continues listening.
((Sorry! For some reason it stopped notifying me of replies to this. If I don't post in a week, feel free to PM me.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2017, 07:35:08 pm »

4-8

While the growling surrounds Leonard, permeating his mind with light stabs of fear, he quickly looks for a way out. [1] However, the minute he decides to sneak out, he snaps a twig, alerting the dogs to his presence. While two stay to catch him by surprise, two leap forward to try to kill him. [2 v 4] One misses gnashing his flesh through it's teeth [1 v 10] while the other slips out of the way so badly that Leonard automatically takes the opportunity to strike back. [10 v 10] He puts all his strength into a slap, only for it to bounce off the dog's snout. While it still seems to work as a dribble of blood leaves the nostril, Leonard knows something went wrong as the dog suddenly begins shaking in rage.

Fbzib, under his Go'Vosh disguise, continues listening to the sermon. It seems to provide whatever happened after. "After Our Lord escaped the clutches of the heretics, he spent some time exploring an island close to ours. The Isle of Alevestra. There, he met one of the Heretics again: Fbzib. A celestial being of evil. After a fearsome battle, Our Lord escaped, and so this Heretic has been hunting him down." After this section, Father Albstraum eyes "Go'Vosh" suspiciously. [To Detect: 6] "Say," he begins, "You look...familiar. Have we met before, good sir?"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2017, 08:44:33 pm »

OOC: The dice gods are most cruel.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2017, 02:28:10 am »

Indeed. An action would be appreciated.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2017, 08:58:24 am »

Indeed. An action would be appreciated.

DONT STOPP RUNNING, TRY NOT TO DIE.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:24 pm »

"We literally just met a few minutes ago. Please, continue."
Attempt to deceive?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2017, 12:16:23 am »

4-9

At the sight of the dog bleeding and psychotically shaking as though it's button was pushed too far, Leonard realizes a good course of action to take: book it. [4] He sprints out of the shrubbery, but the dogs are right on his tail. [1 v 5] One of them gains up, but some quick feet and quick thinking leads it to missing the tackle, sent flying out of sight as it gets carried straight into a fruit stand. [Distance: 4] Leonard moves up, but he is still being chased by a pack of rabid dogs.

After hearing the question, without any hesitation, Fbzib says "We literally just met a few minutes ago. Please, continue.", hoping to deceive Father Albstraum before he notices. [Deception: 2] Unfortunately, he merely moves closer, his eyes narrowing as his hand reaches into his back pocket. "I don't believe that we have," he says, before grinning wildly. "Old...friend." he finishes, his voice dipping into a very familiar tone; more than one voice speaking, and the dominant one sounds raspy and baritone. Fbzib recognizes it on tone alone: Nightmare. "Now child," he says, his voice returning to normal as a dagger is fished out, "You must understand, with those colors, you look like a follower of the Heretic. So, tell me, why have you come to lead our flock astray?" So, luckily, he doesn't know "Go'Vosh" is Fbzib. Unluckily, he seems to know you aren't one of them.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2017, 03:14:55 am »

Leap into the nearest shirt or bag or pocket of a human we can see this should make it harder for the doggos to get at us.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2017, 01:46:21 pm »

((So, as you guys might be able to tell, Avatar Legend has slowed to a dead crawl. There are reasons for this: I was burnt out, I couldn't get past the awkwardness of inheriting the game of someone I disappointed, etc. Mostly, though, I felt like slowing down to only having 2-3 active games at a time would help with that burn-out. By the time I made that decision, this game was one of four.

However, if either my style or roseheart's style of GMing interested you, I am thinking of doing a new, character-based game. As a teaser: It will be inspired by the Marvel Comics event known as Secret Wars. Avatar Legend may come back as another Avatar-based spiritual successor, but I can honestly say that I don't know/think this will continue. Sorry to disappoint you.))

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2017, 03:57:39 am »

((So, as you guys might be able to tell, Avatar Legend has slowed to a dead crawl. There are reasons for this: I was burnt out, I couldn't get past the awkwardness of inheriting the game of someone I disappointed, etc. Mostly, though, I felt like slowing down to only having 2-3 active games at a time would help with that burn-out. By the time I made that decision, this game was one of four.

However, if either my style or roseheart's style of GMing interested you, I am thinking of doing a new, character-based game. As a teaser: It will be inspired by the Marvel Comics event known as Secret Wars. Avatar Legend may come back as another Avatar-based spiritual successor, but I can honestly say that I don't know/think this will continue. Sorry to disappoint you.))

>;

It is okay lifce comes first.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2017, 03:12:10 pm »

Avatar Legend may come back as another Avatar-based spiritual successor, but I can honestly say that I don't know/think this will continue. Sorry to disappoint you.

It was a good run, well done.

I will close this game and leave the torch for making a Bay 12 avatar game to the next enthusiast. OOC will stay open.

Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]