Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TG Fortress [Recruiting Players]  (Read 1429 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
TG Fortress [Recruiting Players]
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:25:24 pm »

Prologue:
You awaken, in a Tolkien-esque world.

Description:
This is a mature strategic-survival RPG for transformation fans. Players can control multiple characters at once, with each character generating one action point per week. The first 15 players to create a character will receive additional action points, and are responsible for driving the world's backstory, economy, and political landscape. Death is permanent.

TG Fortress is a play-by-post on Discord, with characters generating one action point per week. Stats and crafting are derived from Dwarf Fortress, with skills based on Gladiator Tournament and Adventure Mode. Combat takes place inside of the Dwarf Fortress Object Testing Arena, and potions can be used to heal fatal wounds, at the risk of being transformed.

TG Fortress is the foundation for a larger game, in which players controlling NPC tribes can participate in uncensored content. The 'win' condition for Bay12 players is to destroy all of the NPC tribes on the mainland, and to assassinate (or transform) every one of the demon lords and necromancers. The world is in peril!

World Map

TG Fortress Civilian Actions: (It costs one action point perform a week's worth of work. Civilians are less likely to die but more likely to be kidnapped.)
Doctor (+potions; rescues fatally wounded companions, administers potions to companions and prisoners with severed limbs. Can perform an irreversible 'medical operation' on one prisoner per week; metal sword/axe/spear required.)
Prospecter (small chance to find metal vein where your character is exploring; recommended 1500 intuition to avoid dangerous NPC encounters. Low chance to raise climbing skill. At the cost of 1 stone tool, prospecters can also search below-ground!)
Trader (can barter items or action points with another player who is trading. Free for tribe members and tribes connected by trade routes; 1 action point to travel to visit a foreign tribe.)
Mason (+1 to 4 tools from 1 to 4 stone (dwarves and goblins get their stone for free)! Or: +shield from 1 stone (requires tool). Or: +weapon of choice from 1 stone (requires tool).)
Miner (+1 to 4 stone; default dwarf action; dwarves have a low chance to find gems; consumes 1 stone tool.)
Woodcutter (+2 to 12 logs; non-elves consume 1 stone tool)
Singer (functions the same as carpentry but without logs; requires musicality and creativity; default elf action, increases musicality.)
Fletcher (+25 ammo from 1 log, or 1 stone, or 1 log + 1 metal; necessary for bows & crossbows.)
Carpenter (create a wooden shield/weapon/cage/armor of your choice; crossbows are only made by dwarves; bows are only made by elves. Chance to increase creativity.)
Smelter (+bar from ore and logs)
Weaponsmith (+shield or +weapon of choice from bar)
Armorsmith (+armor of choice from bar)
Lovemaking (free action, can be taken once per day. Success dependent on linguistic ability, social awareness, musicality, target's libido and sexual history with target. Chance to cause pregnancy and raise empathy of both participants.)
Train Libido (free action, can be taken once per day. Only requires one hand.)
Use Potion (free action. Restores one damaged limb. Side effects may include feminization, hair length, breast size, butt size. Talk to the potion brewer to memorize the recipe.)
Train Swimming (for those moments you dodge into a river; logs and water required. Dependent on intuition, waistline, breast/butt size, endurance, and kinesthetic sense)
Train Flying (this is a very, very, verrrry bad idea. Useful for escaping captivity. Success dependent on intuition and wings.)
Dancer (default slave action; raises stats but lowers willpower; makes you the primary target of kidnappers. Refunds one action point.)
Prayer (default prisoner action; chance to reverse transformations, resist taming, and lower libido. Based on focus, willpower, and memory. Refunds one action point.[/spoiler]

TG Fortress Roles: (default free action, no action points spent)
Mayor (civilian population 7 required; gain 2 action points per week. Requires social awareness.)
Militia Captain (each week, teach 1/7 of your skillpoints in a skill of choice to all other militia members!)

TG Fortress Items:
Potion
Log
Stone
Tool
Metal
Gem
Shield
Sword
Axe
Spear
Knife
Crossbow
Bow
Ammo
Helm
Gloves
Chestpiece
Leggings
Footwear
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Potions: (restore one damaged limb every time you drink a potion, but become transformed permanently)

Stats & Skills:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10-kOJ-MdxD014qUDr7H5oigxMhFM544BVGVpAay3ct0/edit?usp=sharing
Under Construction: Various actions improve certain stats.

Militia Actions: (Militia are the first line of defense against NPCs and player raids. They can participate in Tactician-led raids outside the safe zone.)

Player Tribes:
Human
Elf
Dwarf

NPC Tribes:

NPC Encounters:

Restrictions:

TG Fortress Stats:
Each character gets 1000 free stat points and 25 skill points during character creation, in addition to their default racial and gender stats.
Stat-reference: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Attribute#Body_Attributes
Stats & skills spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10-kOJ-MdxD014qUDr7H5oigxMhFM544BVGVpAay3ct0/edit?usp=sharing
Character creation sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U7FfnKRkQ3clOYZ-3e2B2oDNamwix1SJY6CGA88qTPI/edit?usp=sharing
Post in thread to receive a Discord link, and your own personal character creation sheet. By creating a character you agree that you are age 18+.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:06:40 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: TG Fortress
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:05:57 pm »

PTW Interested, May make a character.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 09:48:59 pm »

We are short on dwarves.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 10:54:35 pm »

I'll be honest - wesnoth seems to have become even more beautiful since I last played it. Using their tileset / campaign editor to run a game, is something that promises to look rather swell.

I'll allow myself to be even more honest, and tell you the two reasons why I personally have little interest in your game. Unasked for, true, but please do take it as constructive critique.
First, that "patreon only" part. Pay-to-win forum games? That's an enterprising venue right there, EA junior~ Someone as popular as freeformschooler (The Warrens of Oric the Awesome), might even have enough clout on these forums to pull off something like that. A - from our pov - first-time gm like you, will garner far less optimism like that, or so I'd wager.
Second, that "Types of Potions" spoiler, and other implied innuendo. I'd expect those options on a CoC-kind of rpg, but not on a forum game. Outside of a few particular fandoms, the moment you include "succubus" & "catgirl" morph potions, sex-change potions and the like, it becomes rather questionable content for most. Not judging, just thinking that it might not be for these forums. Or rather, why you constrict yourself to running this game on here, is rather curios.

Having said as much, I'll repeat that I really like the idea of using the wesnoth-editor for a forum game. The tileset, object & unit palette, ought to pack quite a punch, allowing for some great scenarios and games to be built upon it. I have little doubt that this might gain popularity on here, as did using rpg-maker some time ago.

On another note, you might want to reach out to a more "trafficked" area of the internet for your game - it looks promising enough that, honestly, a lot of people might bite. With those "special options of yours", I'd wager that the game would do exceptionally well in "furry" circles. They'd also easily be up to spending a bit of "coffee money" on you, something that the bay 12 forum-game community seems a bit too small for.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: TG Fortress [Recruiting Players]
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 08:00:11 am »

I appreciate the feedback, and will definitely seek out tf-roleplay communities to increase the playerbase! Discord allows me to interact with people in a structured way, while making players feel comfortable by keeping controversial content to private channels. I am very happy to see your coffee reference, and I do have some experience in roleplay and community management. I had expected a larger turnout from Bay12, as everyone here is comfortable with Dwarf Fortress combat mechanics. I think that with a crafting tree and combat examples, newcomers will feel overwhelmed by the ruleset, or underwhelmed by the slow-pacing. Those who want to play persistent player-driven economy games will look to veteran DMs. I can't exactly exposition my work as an art director, or my consistent schedule as a writer, or my activeness as a community manager without sounding like arrogant self-promotion.

I feel that there are three niches in gaming that I want filled. Player-driven economy, player-transformation, and that next level of immersion that only a Dungeon Master can provide! As we've learnt at some point or another: if you want something done right, then you have to do it yourself.

I think that the economic and survival features alone should be enough to attract players who aren't into transformation. I put a lot of thought into creating a literal safe zone for people, so that everyone can interact without going outside of their own comfort zone (just like how it is in everyday life).

I've based this RP on the things I love most, like TG writing, Dwarf Fortress, and various games which I can't list here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 10:20:39 am »

To me its a presentation and systems issue. You have a lot of things going on and its formatted in chunks that are not only difficult to read from a physical perspective, but also confusing and with little explanation. Here's what I would change:

1) Give it an actual intro. There's no story here, no real plot as far as players can tell.
2) Use spoilers and don't use google docs when unnecessary.
3) Organize it so someone who's never seen it can just read it.

Besides presenting the game in an attractive manner, I can see a few reason B12 may not like it. The patreon thing, that feels like a scam. I'd ditch it, and if you don't, well then its definitely a scam :P. Also its on discord, which while some B12 games are down with discord, most have something here on B12. Lastly, its a slow game. Its one action point a week, and while some games (like mine) end up getting updated weekly the players post many times over that week and can do many actions. To be clear, its not your systems or the complexity. B12 can handle that and does often.

Honestly doesn't seem like a bad game, it just doesn't work hard to pull in the playerbase here on B12. With a bit of restructuring, it could have more appeal. Especially since you seem passionate about running a game. 

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 01:17:08 am »

And we have our first weapon!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »

TG ?
Awesome With Autism

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »

"TransGender"
(due to the potion transformation effects)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 10:03:47 pm »

"TG Fortress is the foundation for a larger game, in which players controlling NPC tribes can participate in uncensored content."

As in piracy and looting, or Hugh Hefner uncensored content?
Awesome With Autism

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 01:27:06 am »

People without access to the uncensored channel become an NPC if their character is kidnapped. If you lose all your characters or subscribe to my blog then you can create a new one. Those who participate in uncensored content can experience unwanted transformations based on Potion Lab by undercoversam, or interact with victims as they would in Strive for Power by Maverik. In short, if you are knocked unconscious during a battle then you can create a new character, but if you have subscribed to my blog in the past then the roleplay continues in a private channel.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:45:43 am »

As Bay12 has strict policies on sexual content, you may find it a burden to work within them for the project here.

My dream is to create a forum game dedicated website. With a currency that can be used across the games, and helps pay the hosts.

Players could even generate some currency for free, just by there being small ads on the site, or pay a subscription to remove them and get more.

Always glad to see another that knows forum games is a valid and meaningful hobby to play and design.

~RH
Awesome With Autism