Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released  (Read 86694 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 11:58:59 pm »

OK, these crash for me (basic worldgen):

Code: [Select]
Small world 125 years

Seed: Pr0WPQo062dHrZ7ftm7k
 History Seed: pYKNwEr0kPJ0L6v8xLX2
 Name Seed: nD0D56hVT4Rq6P357try
 Creature Seed: qNyKAC2eimk3WVQMu5F0

Smaller world 125 years:

Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 2244333
 Seed: VP2q5KQaISLxjF97JgjY
 History Seed: ncUxAO5G6NrKvIF671pW
 Name Seed: X9Of92nlr4R2O7jldnN6
 Creature Seed: AFaYYYSaoQQnEv8mCdHs

Here's another:
This one came with an errorlog too: "PLAINS trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments"

Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4244445
 Seed: eQQIO0QIUcey8aqIuYO0
 History Seed: Y62KwegqGSa2g6GqK0aO
 Name Seed: Ukgi0gQQmqyE8Q2ISIeE
 Creature Seed: AMAK8SI2kYq0cEEOcAMe
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:56:47 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 12:07:38 am »

Thanks!

I've got one cause already that fits all the symptoms -- agents could sometimes blow a pointer when checking their relationship to the site government, and that happens during w.g. as well as during the finalization process right after w.g.

So, probably patch this up tomorrow, though the release process took 10 hours today, and probably'll still take 6 or so if it goes smoothly, so it'll be later in the day.  In the meantime, whether you survive worldgen will depend on luck, or if you remove the [SCOUT] class from entities.

Was anybody using 32 bit Mac?  I left it off this time by accident since I forgot we even had it available, but I can keep it up if somebody's still using it.

Re: DLLs, yeah, I checked the license; it would be better to do the other way, but I don't have an installer and lack the savvy.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 12:20:25 am »

The following seed crashed...I resized by mouse-dragging the corner beforehand, so it might be that instead
*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4333324
 Seed: Goqq2C2KaIGq2e60KAeo
 History Seed: 0muccAEmoOgWcQwI28aY
 Name Seed: EWQeiWYeU2GOmEuUM6WY
 Creature Seed: kEeEuU4AQkCUq22cCI2o
EDIT: Second worldgen attempt completed fine. Didn't resize the window that time...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:29:33 am by SmileyMan »
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:09 am »

(Obligatory "cool!")

Was anybody using 32 bit Mac?  I left it off this time by accident since I forgot we even had it available, but I can keep it up if somebody's still using it.
I came here to point this out, actually. I don't think anyone really needs it, unless their Mac is more ancient than yours, but it can be handy for research (obviously not a high priority, though - I would be certainly be fine with having it delayed a few days to get more useful builds of releases out faster).

About the closest to a potentially-useful metric I can find are download counts for DFHack (as reported by GitHub, which won't include people who redistribute it or anything):
53    dfhack-0.43.05-r1-OSX-32-gcc-4.8.5.tar.bz2
234   dfhack-0.43.05-r1-OSX-64-gcc-4.8.5.tar.bz2
85    dfhack-0.43.05-r2-OSX-32-gcc-4.8.5.tar.bz2
421   dfhack-0.43.05-r2-OSX-64-gcc-4.8.5.tar.bz2
There's a non-zero number of people downloading the 32-bit version (the architecture has to match DF). Of course, what I can't tell you is how many of those people download the 32-bit version accidentally (since it comes first alphabetically), realize that it won't work, then download the 64-bit version too, so take that with a grain of salt.

Stop including the C runtime libraries!

AFAIK it is against the Microsoft VS terms and conditions to include these libraries directly, and even if it wasn't it would still be a bad idea.

If you must, bundle the redistributable installer, never bundle the runtime DLLs directly.

(Ok, it is allowed nowadays, but it is not recommended.)
Yeah, it's not ideal. However, I think a decent number of people used to DF now would complain if DF required running an installer, and with MSVC 2015, more people stuck on older systems don't have all of the DLLs needed by DF (which I believe is why there are so many as of 0.43.05). I wish there were a way to hide them in a subfolder, like the Linux/macOS builds, but I don't know of one.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 12:50:30 am »

Definitely no holy artifacts in all the worlds I've successfully generated so far (some up to 250 years with tons of mood artifacts and named weapons). At least, not in Legends artifact list or temple histories.

--edit
Oh. A perfect aventurine. Human holy relic. Favorite possession of Nisam Dressedrhymed. First Silk of The Beloved Friendship.

That's working then.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:03:55 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 12:58:03 am »

Yay the update is finally out no more waiting!.... but I still gotta wait... at least for the bug fixes + PyLNP to update :C.

Whats a rough estimate of time that most bugs/crashes will be fixed? 1 week or more? :c
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:41 am »

Thanks for the stats!  I'll keep Mac32 in play, especially at times when there aren't as likely to be several releases.

Hmm, yeah, I have a human skull totem stored in a temple as my very first artifact in this post-crash test world.  But I'm not sure if they are related (it wouldn't make sense initially, but who knows).  If you haven't cut out scouts already, seems like a good way to get a longer world until the next release.  Pieces of fiber clothing and skulls are best bet for relics.  I'll keep testing.

One crash'll be fixed tomorrow, not sure what else is out there yet!  It takes time to stabilize, but sometimes it happens pretty fast.  As for "most bugs", well, we've never managed that, he he.  But we try to catch most of the big ones as quickly as possible.  It'll keep getting better over the coming weeks.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 03:00:14 am »

Have the bugs with animal riding and egg laying been fixed?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 03:16:02 am »

Have the bugs with animal riding and egg laying been fixed?
Did you check the bug tracker? Don't think anything to do with animal riding has been mentioned so far.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 03:23:39 am »

Thanks Toady! I got up early just to see because I knew it was coming this night.

Now on to test a it before going to work. (in the old times I would be calling sick but while my passion for DF is the same my responsibilities changed)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 04:23:14 am »

Hallelujah! Praise Toady!

Edit: In case you need more crashing worldgen seeds:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Working seeds

Edit: This one crashed during worldgen, before pressing any buttons: I did have my own mod installed that I was testing but I don't think it was causing the issue. I'm putting it here anyway despite having a mod installed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:10:16 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 06:10:19 am »

Wooo!

Gotta wait for the Linux version, though....
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 07:27:15 am »

Thanks for the update !

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 07:37:53 am »

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2017, 09:18:09 am »

This is great, I remember like 6 or so years ago when I learned that sending out squads was planned and being super stocked about it, and now it's finally here :)

I wonder how the success probability is ascertained, are the skills and stats of the dwarves you send taken into account?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5