Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released  (Read 86697 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 09:23:55 am »

A new update! Praise the Toad! \(|*.*|)/
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:50 am »

This is great, I remember like 6 or so years ago when I learned that sending out squads was planned and being super stocked about it, and now it's finally here :)

I wonder how the success probability is ascertained, are the skills and stats of the dwarves you send taken into account?

It looks like the balance is kinda off, as novice dwarves are able to steal slabs from vaults.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 10:04:57 am »

On the topic of VC Runtime DLLs, technically you aren't supposed to be including all of those api-ms-*.dll files either - instead, you should be instructing users to install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows (KB2999226) from Windows Update (which they should have gotten 2 years ago if they're being responsible and keeping their system up to date).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

francogp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 10:06:27 am »

I cannot play the game. It always crash when world generation finish by itself without interruptions. No stdout. Errorlog says: Impoverished Word Selector

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 10:09:21 am »

In my fortress, tons of visitors visited me before i had a tavern. In fact, they visited me before i had a meeting hall. Is it a bug or a feature?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:00 am »

*sheds gentle tear*

it's happening. miracles do happen. it's a festivus miracle
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2017, 10:21:32 am »

Oh hey it actually happened.

Congratz Toady for one more step towards DF 1.0!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 10:43:25 am »

I've got the same crash at world gen, but there is something else: I'm convinced that before the update, I could get different history seeds on the same world by rolling the dice. Now world seed 1 will allways pair up with history seed 1, ws2 with hs2 and so on.. Even if I change subtle parameters like add or remove 2-3 civs, it rejects everything until I stumble upon that history seed that works with world seed 1 and sticks forever.

I've been testing all day nevermind
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:31:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 11:01:54 am »

Thanks for all your work and effort, Toady!

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2017, 11:21:45 am »

How does one get suggestions to Toady on linux?  I recently had an issue with my laptop being my router/firewall and changed to an USB installed linux.  It runs in loads from USB, run everything in RAM and saves the extra data to USB.   Linux doesn't really take a lot to run, this is on an old 800mhz laptop.   He could easily do this by just booting in.

The data would just need to be mounted from the current windows HD, so there's no transfer needed either.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 11:35:20 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168289 (from this thread's first post) might be a good place for Linux-related suggestions.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 11:37:48 am »

In my fortress, tons of visitors visited me before i had a tavern. In fact, they visited me before i had a meeting hall. Is it a bug or a feature?
Yeah, same here. Might be a feature, though, since spies need to be able to impersonate normal visitors, and you could otherwise prevent/detect spies by having no visitor locations. If you always get a few visitors regardless of your facilities, you can't be sure who's a spy and who's innocent.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »

It looks like the balance is kinda off, as novice dwarves are able to steal slabs from vaults.

Yeah, that one has to do with the vaults never having historical figures.  Drawing duels from pops has been a problem with all post world gen battles which we'll hopefully deal with before moving on.

World gen crash should be fixed with today's release, though I haven't started the process yet in case there are other issues I can locate and manage in the first few hours here.

Hmm, we thought we had dealt with this!  They aren't supposed to come before you have a tavern unless they have a direct rumor that there's an artifact on your site.  Bug report and saves on this one are appreciated -- the ideal save is a fort that hasn't been unpaused, but which is known to get visitors, as I may not be able to tackle the issue without catching them Thinking about coming to your fort.  Hopefully it'll be straightforward!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2017, 02:30:08 pm »

One interesting thing I noticed, change summary doesn't mention the biggest single-raw-file change: a massive overhaul of description color, density, etc of the trees.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »

Toady One, I have not had any questers or invaders ask for any artifacts. Any idea why?

Also I'm noticing relationships are forming again, did change anything about how they form while socializing?

Also rescuing prisoners seemed to have the same outcome of trying to retrieve artifacts from people.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:45:12 pm by Lemtoad »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5