Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 37681 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2017, 03:49:36 am »

In my very latest world gen (I restart a lot), it seems like an thousand year old female Ettin roams the land and claims all the artifacts she can get her hands on. They all seem to be her family heirlooms now.
She haven't claimed all existing artifacts.. Yet.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:51:20 am by Ultimuh »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 08:43:52 am »

The stocks screen in fortress mode is in alphabetical order now, unless that was an option somewhere that I never saw before

Toady listed that as one of the features of this release. Alphabetical stocks.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2017, 04:48:16 pm »

this is gonna be fun.

tart at year 2, claim ALL THE ARTIFACTS. all the necro books. all the slabs.

Damn it, this is added to my wanting to do a "capture all the Forgotten Beasts" challenge for myself.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2017, 12:51:28 am »

I have been giving serious thought to the "Capture *ALL* original books" agenda, a-la historical Alexandria. Might be fun.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2017, 08:26:43 am »

Did silver crafts always come two to a bar, or did it used to be three? Because I just used a couple bars and only got four crafts out of them.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2017, 12:46:54 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, craft making can produce 1-3 objects from 1 reagent

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:46 pm »

Oh good. So there's a chance for three.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:43 pm »

It wants a glass window. Display cases are a glass window and a wooden log, while you can also build pedestals with only a single log.

Yes, but which workshop has the option to actually build the pedestal.  I can't see, to find it.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2017, 11:41:06 pm »

It wants a glass window. Display cases are a glass window and a wooden log, while you can also build pedestals with only a single log.

Yes, but which workshop has the option to actually build the pedestal.  I can't see, to find it.
Carpenter.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 06:02:28 am »

Just for fun, I loaded Archcrystal into 44.02. Runs fine so far. I've even sent a squad out to retrieve a necromancer book from the tower to the northwest and bring it back to my library.

Did display cases and pedestals show up in Archcrystal? If not, it likely needs the same whack to the head that bookcases required. I'm not hugely inclined to work on DFHack porting, but I'm lurking in channel. As soon as we find the world struct and get a pre-alpha build, I can probably get THOSE working too. Course I'd need a narrative reason to justify Id's return :)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 09:52:24 am »

Carpenter.

Well then I may very well have a bug.  Because on a brand new worldgen for .44, it's not showing up under carpenter.  Display Case does, but not pedestal.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 10:03:06 am »

Try the crafts shop under woodcrafting, it could be there as thats a alternative place to get furniture.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 11:38:59 am »

I think it should be under the carpenter. I have to pass it every time I make a wheelbarrow.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 11:47:40 am »

Just for fun, I loaded Archcrystal into 44.02. Runs fine so far. I've even sent a squad out to retrieve a necromancer book from the tower to the northwest and bring it back to my library.

Did display cases and pedestals show up in Archcrystal? If not, it likely needs the same whack to the head that bookcases required. I'm not hugely inclined to work on DFHack porting, but I'm lurking in channel. As soon as we find the world struct and get a pre-alpha build, I can probably get THOSE working too. Course I'd need a narrative reason to justify Id's return :)

I only tested it out briefly in 44.02 just to see some of the new features. I'm playing it on 43.05 until 44 is a bit further down the iteration line. But here's what I noticed what was missing:

-Yeah no Pedestals or Display cases
-No option for a museum location
-You can send squads out to go retrieve artifacts, but they will just come back a day after leaving the map because there are no taverns in the world for them to seek out rumours, (because the world was built in 40.24)

I'll wait until a later version to try again and then give you the save to fool around with.

On the plus side, we started off the day by killing hundreds of elves, so there's that.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 11:51:13 am »

I did notice the lack of museums when adding a tavern to my first fort's dining hall, but I figured that might have been related to zoning and rooms and only be available to certain room types. I do have the option for pedestals and display cases but haven't done anything with them because I have yet to last long enough for an artifact in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15