Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 37999 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 04:17:18 pm »

'q' sets museums. Same as most other rooms (dining rooms, statue gardens, bedroom, barracks etc). It's not a zone, they can go inside zones. Normal working version of vanilla 44.02 has pedestals in the carpenter's workshop.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2017, 05:48:47 pm »

I think it should be under the carpenter. I have to pass it every time I make a wheelbarrow.

Try the crafts shop under woodcrafting, it could be there as thats a alternative place to get furniture.

No pedestal in either of these places.  Display case in Carpenter, but not pedestal.

Example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If somebody DOES have, can they post a screenshot showing it?
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

That's weird. Will post mine when I get home if this thread stays dead until then.

This isn't a save carried over from 43.05, is it?
Are npc sites getting pedestals in adventurer? You can't miss them, they're all over the place now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:54:00 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2017, 07:04:30 pm »

Are you playing on a 43 save in the new version? Or ported over the fortress save from that version to the new one?

The entity needs to have [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL] & [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE] which came with the patch & would be generated on creating a new world in 44.x

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »

Are you playing on a 43 save in the new version? Or ported over the fortress save from that version to the new one?

The entity needs to have [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL] & [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE] which came with the patch & would be generated on creating a new world in 44.x

This is a world genned in v44.01.  I've since copied the save over to v44.02.  But no, it's not a 43 version.  The first thing I did was make a new world, start fresh, you know? 

Edit:  Plus... the display cases are there.  Just not the pedestal.  I'm gonna try to gen another world fresh in both v44.01 and v44.02, see if maybe it was something that got fixed, maybe it was a bug in .01?

Edit2:  Nope.  No pedestal in a fresh world in either one.

Edit3:  No pedestal in a fresh install either.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:13:31 pm by oldmansutton »
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »

This is a world genned in v44.01.  I've since copied the save over to v44.02.  But no, it's not a 43 version.  The first thing I did was make a new world, start fresh, you know? 

Edit:  Plus... the display cases are there.  Just not the pedestal.  I'm gonna try to gen another world fresh in both v44.01 and v44.02, see if maybe it was something that got fixed, maybe it was a bug in .01?

Edit2:  Nope.  No pedestal in a fresh world in either one.

Edit3:  No pedestal in a fresh install either.
Are you using vanilla? If you're using a pack that comes with it's own set of raws, there's a chance the owner may have missed pedestals by mistake.

Re-download vanilla 44.02, don't add anything and try again. Still no pedestals?

(Also, confirm if the tools tags posted above are present in your dwarf raws - pedestals and display cases are seperate).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:30:05 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2017, 06:13:48 am »

Check in your craftdwarf's workshop under rock.  I can create Pedestals there and in my Carpenters.

I wonder if there is something that happens in world creation that randomises the type similar to instruments.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2017, 07:31:33 am »

Just tried an LNP 0.44.02-r02 embark and found both display case and pedestal both in the careful embark preparation menu and in the carpenter shop (the preparation had them in metal and stone as well as wood). I think, however, the pedestal was missing from the carpenter shop in my first embark attempt with 0.44.01, but it can be a case of simply not seeing it (the display case was there, in red, as I had no glass windows).
If it's missing from a vanilla embark a report on the bug tracker and a save on DFFD would be a good idea.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:37 am »

Are you using vanilla? If you're using a pack that comes with it's own set of raws, there's a chance the owner may have missed pedestals by mistake.

Re-download vanilla 44.02, don't add anything and try again. Still no pedestals?

(Also, confirm if the tools tags posted above are present in your dwarf raws - pedestals and display cases are seperate).

Just tried an LNP 0.44.02-r02 embark and found both display case and pedestal both in the careful embark preparation menu and in the carpenter shop (the preparation had them in metal and stone as well as wood). I think, however, the pedestal was missing from the carpenter shop in my first embark attempt with 0.44.01, but it can be a case of simply not seeing it (the display case was there, in red, as I had no glass windows).
If it's missing from a vanilla embark a report on the bug tracker and a save on DFFD would be a good idea.

That's about my only thought left before I report a bug.  I'm using PeridexisErrent's alpha Lazy Newb Pack for 44.02, and am wondering if he missed the pedestal in the raw.  I started fresh with a clean install of the latest one last night, that includes Dwarf Therapist (not that I use that part of it).  I believe it's the 44.02r02 one that Patrick mentioned, but mine has no pedestals in any of the workshops.

For anybody saying "Look under XXX workshop"... I've looked.  No pedestals, just display cases.

When I get home tonight I'm going to grab vanilla 44.02 and test.  If that works, I'll let PE know to check his pack.  If it's not showing up in Vanilla, I'll be providing a save and bug tracker report.  I'll keep ya'll posted I guess, we've come this far.  It's going to be about 9 hours before work lets out to try again though.

Shonai_Dweller, which file specifically should I be looking in for the tags, btw?

Edit:  Off topic, but the fort I started in the clean install last night, I had elf visitors coming right after I embarked, visiting my wagon to relax.  Seemed... premature.  Unless they were aggressively idling while my dwarves busted their asses trying to get dug in.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:22:59 am by oldmansutton »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 08:24:09 am »

That's about my only thought left before I report a bug.  I'm using PeridexisErrent's alpha Lazy Newb Pack for 44.02, and am wondering if he missed the pedestal in the raw.  I started fresh with a clean install of the latest one last night, that includes Dwarf Therapist (not that I use that part of it). 

For anybody saying "Look under XXX workshop"... I've looked.  No pedestals, just display cases.

When I get home tonight I'm going to grab vanilla 44.02 and test.  If that works, I'll let PE know to check his pack.  If it's not showing up in Vanilla, I'll be providing a save and bug tracker report.  I'll keep ya'll posted I guess, we've come this far.  It's going to be about 9 hours before work lets out to try again though.

Shonai_Dweller, which file specifically should I be looking in for the tags, btw?
\raw\objects\entity_default.txt should have the following tags under the MOUNTAIN entity (Dwarves - should be the first one):
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE]
and a bit further down the list
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE WOODEN DISPLAY CASE]

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2017, 08:45:57 am »

Thanks Shonai_Dweller.  I'll take a look when I get home tonight, and also try the vanilla install. 

What are your guys' thoughts about there being fortress visitors immediately after embark (literally on the first day of the new fort before any zones/construction/etc).... bug or interesting feature?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2017, 08:51:39 am »

Thanks Shonai_Dweller.  I'll take a look when I get home tonight, and also try the vanilla install. 

What are your guys' thoughts about there being fortress visitors immediately after embark (literally on the first day of the new fort before any zones/construction/etc).... bug or interesting feature?
Bug. A lot of them seem to be spies jumping the gun a little. Although mixed in are genuine monster slayers and beast hunters who perhaps should arrive early as a feature. Not sure. Asked in fotf.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:20 am »

Bug. A lot of them seem to be spies jumping the gun a little. Although mixed in are genuine monster slayers and beast hunters who perhaps should arrive early as a feature. Not sure. Asked in fotf.

Ok, that was kind of my thought as well, but on the other hand, it WAS a bit amusing too.  All the elves coming to lounge around and laugh at the industrious dwarves working so hard.  Kind of feels like the fable of "The Ant and the Grasshopper."  If it's already been reported/asked about though, I'll wait to hear what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »

Damn elves. The ones pretending to be monster slayers are annoying. Open up the caverns, hey go hunt, nah, we'll just hang out at the wagon thanks -  invasion of giant cave spiders...

I love reading in Legends about all the fake monster slayers who get killed by forgotten beasts. Ha ha ha...

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »

Ok, the vanilla install, I see pedestals in the carpenter workshop.

Looking at the LNP 44.02r02 raws, the correct entities are in place for the pedestal though.  Weird.

Edit:  Not sure why it's not showing up in the LNP version, since the raws are the same.  And frankly, I find the vanilla mode unplayable without a graphic set.  What to do, what to do...

Edit2:  AH-HA!  This might be it.... the raw in the LNP for item-tool is missing pedestal and display case... going to see what adding those in does.

Final Edit:  That fixes it!  Going to inform PeridexisErrant about this. 

Thanks for the help Shonai!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:58:55 pm by oldmansutton »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15