Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 38040 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »

Could anyone tell me what Pedestals and Display Cases look like when they they have display items on/in them?

I wonder.. Does any tilesets even need to be updated? Or will most work just fine in this version?

Mayday didn't need to be updated for 44.02, but these graphics packs did:
  • Afro
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • Ironhand
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho!
  • Spacefox

The latest versions of these can all be downloaded at the graphics repo: https://github.com/DFgraphics

People who were having trouble crafting Display Cases and Pedestals could have been having trouble from using incompatible graphics packs. They can both be crafted from the Carpenter's Workshop, but the Display Case requires that you have some glass windows available.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

Is anyone else having a bug of artifact/prisoner seeking squads coming back immediately after everybody leaves, and having an empty report? Also, it seems to crash if you let some, but not all squad members go artifact-raiding.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »

Is there a fix for the crashing during world gen issue yet?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2017, 04:14:01 pm »

Is there a fix for the crashing during world gen issue yet?

Version 0.44.02 was released last Thursday. :D
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2017, 04:15:04 pm »

I have it, but am still crashing on world gen

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »

My slightly competent soldiers were captured, so when I got migrants I immediately sent them to rescue the soldiers.
Then I looked at a migrant child's emotions. "She sometimes feels sad at being separated from loved ones". So apparently, children of soldiers can feel remorse about them going on distant missions.
Also, I saw a world-gen artifact made of dirt, though you may have noticed wierd artifact materials.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »

I have it, but am still crashing on world gen
When the next version comes out, more crashes will be fixed. It's not out, so, no, obviously it's not been fixed yet.

That said, most people are generating worlds just fine now. I've had one crash in about two dozen worlds generated. I posted the seed of that world which hopefully will help a little to locate the remaining issues. I suggest you do the same.

Next release will be in a few days or a couple of weeks depending on how many of the issues Toady's going to handle before releasing. You can expect between 20-30 updates over the next few months if previous releases are anything to go by.

Right now you're better off testing different combinations of worldgen parameters, seeing what works and reporting what doesn't than trying to play the game. It's not going to be stable for a while (as far as DF is ever 'stable').

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »

I just had my second artifact of the new release and the creator offered it to my civilization. That means I've got one artifact that's been claimed as an heirloom and one artifact that's been offered to my civ. Any requests/suggestions as to what sort of !SCIENCE! I should do with these? I want to figure out what the difference is but I've never done any !SCIENCE! before.

I've also got the save backed up, so if anyone wants to do some !SCIENCE! of their own I can upload the save to the file depot.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »

I just had my second artifact of the new release and the creator offered it to my civilization. That means I've got one artifact that's been claimed as an heirloom and one artifact that's been offered to my civ. Any requests/suggestions as to what sort of !SCIENCE! I should do with these? I want to figure out what the difference is but I've never done any !SCIENCE! before.

I've also got the save backed up, so if anyone wants to do some !SCIENCE! of their own I can upload the save to the file depot.
Usually the next step after an artifact is offered to a civ in worldgen is that it becomes a symbol of the (insert noble position here). First check Legends and see if that's already happened. Then see if you can make it happen manually (put it in the mayor's room or something).

Then, for Science, you could try offering your stolen artifacts to the merchants. They're supposed to recognize that as an 'offered to' event too. Then try offering the heirlooms to the elf merchants and see if the owner reacts badly.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2017, 05:31:54 pm »

Usually the next step after an artifact is offered to a civ in worldgen is that it becomes a symbol of the (insert noble position here). First check Legends and see if that's already happened. Then see if you can make it happen manually (put it in the mayor's room or something).

Then, for Science, you could try offering your stolen artifacts to the merchants. They're supposed to recognize that as an 'offered to' event too. Then try offering the heirlooms to the elf merchants and see if the owner reacts badly.

Do all of these in separate saves, of course. :P Also, check if invading forces will demand the heirloom, and if they do, check how the owner responds in that case as well.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2017, 06:06:23 pm »

A dwarf in a new fortress (the world gen decided not to crash this time) quit doing a job because they were "distressed" and apparently it was because of flies

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2017, 06:11:53 pm »

Giving an heirloom to the hippie caravan and letting them take it off the map with them doesn't seem to trouble the creator a whole lot. Once I get a mayor, I'll see if I can plop the other artifact in his room and make it a symbol.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2017, 06:19:41 pm »

Giving an heirloom to the hippie caravan and letting them take it off the map with them doesn't seem to trouble the creator a whole lot. Once I get a mayor, I'll see if I can plop the other artifact in his room and make it a symbol.
Did you get any additional dialogue regarding that? Just before release Toady said merchants should recognise artifacts for what they are. Or maybe they just react if you try to sell them their own artifacts...

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »

okay, just copied my game save for legends, gonna use that save to unretire the fort, sell ALL THE ARTIFACTS, then see if I can recover them.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »

Did you get any additional dialogue regarding that? Just before release Toady said merchants should recognise artifacts for what they are. Or maybe they just react if you try to sell them their own artifacts...

Oh, yeah I did. If you trade the artifacts, they say something like "We thank you for your offer of Bowdived. We recognize this is not an ordinary trade." And if you offer them as gifts they say something like "Our civilization thanks you for the presentation of Bowdived." Didn't note down the verbatim wording.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15