Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 37679 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 12:10:03 pm »

New feature (?) - dwarf visitors can come in already cave adapted.
New feature - they can bring their artifact goat bone statues with them. Game will recognize them as creators of artifact, but buggily - it will say just "Creator of"

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 12:18:33 pm »

On top of the usual fey moods, fell moods also occur during worldgen - complete with the murder of a fellow dwarf. 
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 12:36:52 pm »

No FPS drop was detected during the missions; it stayed at 100 FPS the whole way through.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 12:43:00 pm »

Curious if the ghosts of the dwarves who died offsite come back to their old homes for haunting....

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 12:47:17 pm »

I just had my first Artifact made in the new version. A "bulky" silk cloak. The creator claimed it as a personal treasure. Has anyone else seen this? My military is off the map right now so I can't see if I can assign it to someone. Anyone know if this can happen with more valuable to the fortress artifacts like real armor or weapons? I don't want to have to bump off a brand new legendary weaponsmith to get the artifact they created.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2017, 01:05:30 pm »

Caves, or kobold caves at least, seem somewhat broken. I visited one as an adventurer, and found no entrance, so I embarked on one, and there is no entrance either. Also, my dwarves now have ~24 GCS listed as pets, so I'm digging down to them to see what the kobold caves look like. However, my FPS  is listed as 0 (0) so it might take a while. Something I noticed is that kobold caves look different on the embark map, like a fortress, but with the cave symbol in the middle now.

Posting from phone so I apologize for any formatting issues, but I need to have nothing running on my computer.
EDIT: Grammar
EDIT: There is a cave actually, I just couldn't find it.
EDIT: I found the kobold caves! No kobolds yet, but I may have just pierced the wrong part.

Pictures and a 'video' of the caves:

A gallery on imgur

You can't see it, but in the last image, if you go down a z-level, there are kobold eggs. I can add the image in a little bit.

Movie

Here is a movie of the entrance *(requires flash play 9)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:17:38 pm by ☼Another☼ »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »

PTW
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 06:04:32 pm »

-snip-

It looks like kobolds put all their traps in the corners of rooms. They're almost useless arranged like that.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 06:37:24 pm »

PTW

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2017, 06:41:02 pm »

-snip-

It looks like kobolds put all their traps in the corners of rooms. They're almost useless arranged like that.

It's either a bug or emergent gameplay. Think of it this way. A kobold is trap immune, but dodging and falling cancel that. The kobolds might actively design that way with the assumption that a kobold guard is going to be there in the center, forcing someone to dodge onto the traps. As for why not trap the entire place . . . they might want safety zones for when they're the ones falling.

It most likely is a bug to be fixed, but we'd be remiss if we didn't explore the possibility that they did it themselves through logical thinking.

I THINK dodging works that way. I know falling does, so it still counts for that.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »

What would the best world gen options be for having a world with multiple ages?
Assuming that the game won't crash during world gen.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 10:10:51 pm »

If you look at the video, you'll notice that they have multiple choke-points where it's a one tile wide bridge between two pits with traps at the bottom. Also, all the weapons are coated with GCS venom.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:54 pm »

I just genned a world and took a look at the legends.
Most of the artifacts seem to be shields.

edit:
Another world seem to have mostly Jewelry artifacts.
Seems like each gen seem to favor one type of item more than others.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:41:47 am by Ultimuh »

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2017, 05:56:37 am »

I just genned a world and took a look at the legends.
Most of the artifacts seem to be shields.

edit:
Another world seem to have mostly Jewelry artifacts.
Seems like each gen seem to favor one type of item more than others.

Bug possibly, i had a human civilization exclusively favor making linen goods and that was the only set of artifacts produced in about 70 years in worldgen (3 articles for the same person)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15