Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 37684 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2017, 06:29:49 am »

Does anyone have any idea of the extent of belief systems at present? They're used by prophets (or agents disguised as such) and may simply be limited to the whole "Urist McDeity is displeased and will destroy the world" shtick.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2017, 10:13:00 am »

Has anyone figured out how to build pedestals yet?  I can build display cases, but can't seem to find pedestals.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2017, 11:39:30 am »

I'm wondering if anyone else has been getting a crash when you generate worlds past 50 years.
Seems to crash after you accept a world and it is finishing placing Sites.

Yup, I had this just last night. I think Today might have fixed it, though. After this fort has its inevitable Fun cycle, I'll download the patched version.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2017, 11:55:30 am »

Just for fun, I loaded Archcrystal into 44.02. Runs fine so far. I've even sent a squad out to retrieve a necromancer book from the tower to the northwest and bring it back to my library.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2017, 11:55:56 am »

How do monster hunters work now? How they SHOULD work?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2017, 12:15:18 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to build pedestals yet?  I can build display cases, but can't seem to find pedestals.

How did you figure out how to make a display case? I can't seem to figure what it wants regarding a window.

On to my own science. !!Science!!. early trading sessions seem to show that merchants are much pickier. Dorf caravan wouldn't take my uncut gems, and the elves didn't want my stone amulets, though they sure liked my mugs.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2017, 01:01:24 pm »

How do monster hunters work now? How they SHOULD work?

They should start arriving after your first forgotten beast encounter generally (atleast A. if you survive & B. It is indeed working right)

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »

It wants a glass window. Display cases are a glass window and a wooden log, while you can also build pedestals with only a single log.

iquare

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2017, 02:22:35 pm »

They should start arriving after your first forgotten beast encounter generally (atleast A. if you survive & B. It is indeed working right)
I had monster slayers very early in the game, even prior to cavern breaching. One of them descended to caverns later and started to attack cavern creatures (or at least tried to).

You can make the wooden pedestals at Carpenter's workshop and rock at Craftsdwarf's workshop. I presume there are also metal pedestal made in Metalsmith's forge.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »

The stocks screen in fortress mode is in alphabetical order now, unless that was an option somewhere that I never saw before

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »

The stocks screen in fortress mode is in alphabetical order now, unless that was an option somewhere that I never saw before

I dont remeber it as such...there was some others interface improvements also, filtering in conversations is working a lot better now.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »

Oh jeez, the new identity requirements has wreaked all hell coming loose with animal regressions causing beak dogs to go ape pseudo asking for identities then killing them without a response.

Quote from: Urlance Woolsbane
It gets worse: Unintelligent creatures also demand identities. Just visit a Dark Fortress and bask in the surreality of paranoid groups of beak dogs and trolls going at it with each other.

0010346: NPCs demanding other characters identify themselves in a loop

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »

I wonder how many slabs I can steal before I'm caught?
"Return the slab!"
I imagine this is your reference.

If not, it still is in my head; at least until you cause me to discover/remember what you actually meant...  ;)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2017, 08:19:43 pm »

I wonder how many slabs I can steal before I'm caught?
"Return the slab!"
I imagine this is your reference.

If not, it still is in my head; at least until you cause me to discover/remember what you actually meant...  ;)
Actually, this was my reference. So no, not exactly the thing you remember.

edit: But yeah, do remember the thing you remember.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »

Fake identities may show up in dwarves thoughts as "(indentity)", but I'm not sure.

(I've gotten three elves since I started the fort, and it's only been at most 3 months. now a 'bard' carrying a spear has shown up.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:30:39 pm by ☼Another☼ »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15