Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 38235 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2017, 08:40:50 am »

Glass implies pearlash, implies potash, implies ash, implies desecration of sacred tree ancestors. I think that's been a thing for a while.
That's for clear and crystal glass. Green glass is still safe to trade (the tree huggers don't know if you've fired your furnaces with wood, mined coal, or magma, and there are no tree derived ingredients in green glass, just sand).
Wait, where did he say green glass was offered? Must have missed that. A new 44.02 bug for the tracker then (Unless it was an artifact vial menacing with spikes of palm tree, that would do it too).
My wording wasn't clear. I haven't seen any mentioning of the type of glass, and it's most probable it was clear or crystal glass in this case. I attempted to clarify that the "glass implies tree abuse" condition isn't true for one type of glass, not that the conclusion drawn should be wrong.
Ok. Someone explained that elves were pissed off at being offered a glass vial and were surprised. Someone else suggested it was probably because it needed charcoal to make, I (without quoting, my bad) explained the real reason they were upset.

Then I woke up at 5 this morning, read your post and wrote a grumpy reply. Bad habit, sorry. :)
Yes, you really should quit the habit of waking up at 5 in the morning ;)
I'll try...

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »

Is it just me or does it seem like dwarven civilizations have expanded quicker and goblin civs dont expand as quickly?

Also yeah i get the bug where dwarves exit map and immediately re-enter and dont do the mission

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2017, 06:55:15 pm »

I also get that bug, though that's in a transferred-from-43.05 save. I'm not sure if that's because I'm telling my dwarves to recover artifacts from the same civ they belong to, even if it's a ruined site. I was hoping to use my old, abandoned forts as lootable caches of artifacts. Whether or not "won't do artifact recovery on own civ's site, even if the site is a ruin" is a bug or not, I'm unsure.

Speaking of migrating a save, I know that I can't make any new pedestals or display cases due to that being limited by worldgen, and likewise I won't get any through trade. Is it possible to get an artifact pedestal (moody dwarves occasionally making things they normally can't like bows, various clothes, etc.), or some other goofy workaround? Maybe a DFhack script that forcibly creates them, hmm. I think I'll be able to designate a museum around artifacts that can be built? It'd be nice to be able to cheat the limitations of this kind of thing, but I'm not expecting that'll be possible.

Either way, the idea of "priming" a region for the ultimately desired embark comes to mind as something I'd like to do. A fort for vampire/necromancy spreading, facilitated by an adventurer, and another fort for artifact generation, then finally the fort actually desired in its proper embark, for the contents and citizens of the previous forts to migrate to or be raided by.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:37 pm »

When there is a new release with significant additions its not wise to use old saves incase you missed important pieces of code.

Pedestals & display cases are a tool type (on the entity page) that will have to be added to your 44.02 world which requires a freshly generated world (so basically no can do)

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2017, 05:47:30 am »

so.... i did the display case reaction and got a mortar... did i miss a post about this or is this new?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2017, 06:08:20 am »

so.... i did the display case reaction and got a mortar... did i miss a post about this or is this new?

Are you playing version 44.02/44.01?

The new tool tags for display items in this version are   

[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE]

Else i would say your result of a mortar is because of modding or a modding failure where things are now overlapping trying to find best fit, get a fresh version or go to the modding forum to seek help i would recommend.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2017, 10:41:40 pm »

Are you playing version 44.02/44.01?

The new tool tags for display items in this version are   

[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE]

Else i would say your result of a mortar is because of modding or a modding failure where things are now overlapping trying to find best fit, get a fresh version or go to the modding forum to seek help i would recommend.
uhh nope no modding

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2017, 04:58:43 am »

I really can't be sure of your issue then, because unless you added the reaction yourself (with a self inserted reaction in a attempt to get the object) you shouldn't be able to select the option to make the pedestal in a civ without [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL] that came with the civ and you didn't particularly tell me the specifics that you know about changes to your DF folder or your saves.

Anything else modded? Like i mentioned it could be a modding failure causing entries to now overlap and the game to break.There is no outside explanation for your issue to really grasp at besides a real bug if we can rule out it being a unintended modding/save compatibility effect, what workshop were you using?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »

Note that graphics packs can count as mods here.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2017, 05:01:41 pm »

I mean i use peridexis's pack on obsidian graphics soooo

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2017, 07:47:39 pm »

Well the pedestal uses a unique symbol of ï , you'd have to check whether its the same as a mortar & contact the pack owner. It very much will not be supported by your pack and therefore substituted.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:16 pm »

View it with q. Check to see if it's a mortar or is actually a pedestal.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Urist Dimplebooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2017, 08:39:13 am »

I'm probably a little late for that but I usually make pedastals with the metalcrafter under other objects.

Also, has somebody problems with artifacts created?
My 11th artifact has some hic ups. The tanner claimed a leatherwork, then continued to get leater, a rock, 2 blocks, a rock and now just continues to get a plant cloth and a wool cloth. He's got over 30 each at this time and seems content to continue getting more. The only item he should be missing is a cut gem, which I have in stock. There where no burrows in place, when he started.
-I set up a burrow to his shop and the gem; no result.
-I forbid all items he had gathered and unforbid them; no result.
-I forbid all cloth; he stopped gathering items but restarted as soon as I allowed them...

He seems to be caught in a circle. Maybe there's a new bug in artifact creation related to cloth? I didn't have this problem when they only wanted one variety.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:12 pm »

They can have a unlimited amount of plant cloth decorations, rather than the actual material and it can all be different materials.

Urist Dimplebooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2017, 12:27:51 pm »

That's a little like the bug with burrows in earlier versions. My problem is, that I can't get him to start working.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15