Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: New release !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 37895 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:50 am »

I'm not aware of any other cause for pale dwarves (unless, of course, you mean genetics, in which case it's a permanent condition that's fairly harmless, but cannot be cured in DF).

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »

There's definitely vampires in 44.xx, I just had a fort where I lost 4-5 dwarves to one. They were found dead, completely drained of blood.

Never did catch it, despite posting a pair of guards in the dormitory 24/7.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »

There's definitely vampires in 44.xx, I just had a fort where I lost 4-5 dwarves to one. They were found dead, completely drained of blood.

Never did catch it, despite posting a pair of guards in the dormitory 24/7.

Soldiers won't try to stop a bloodsucking in progress, but they will report it if they saw it. Check the justice screen (inside the 'z' menu.)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2017, 02:04:47 pm »

this isn't related to current conversation, but I've made a SUPERTAVERN™ with a ton of performers, tavernkeepers,  and instruments but there has only been one dance with one person. The dance floor is 17x19 I have about thirty instruments with fifteen performers with musical ability, but no one even plays music. There was a reason I made a SUPERTAVERN™ and it was to have the largest dance possible. I feel betrayed...

luckily, a SUPERTAVERN™ has actually somehow fixed the tons a' bards bug.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2017, 03:38:08 pm »

If someone has the chance, please send a vampire on a mission. I'm interested to know if he/she will feed while away from the fortress.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »

Oops....well, it looks like one of the Elf Retreats I raided is now at war with my civilization.  Silly me, I started a war!   :D
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

LexJackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »

If someone has the chance, please send a vampire on a mission. I'm interested to know if he/she will feed while away from the fortress.

I sent my vampire on a fair few missions. I don't know if he fed whilst away (no way of knowing tbh), but he didn't attack any of his fellow dwarfs. He did strike down at least three people though.

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2017, 05:47:09 pm »

Thank you for the info.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2017, 05:52:35 pm »

this isn't related to current conversation, but I've made a SUPERTAVERN™ with a ton of performers, tavernkeepers,  and instruments but there has only been one dance with one person. The dance floor is 17x19 I have about thirty instruments with fifteen performers with musical ability, but no one even plays music. There was a reason I made a SUPERTAVERN™ and it was to have the largest dance possible. I feel betrayed...

It could be that your dwarves are too far apart to engage in a multi-performance. It could be just coincidence, but I've seen more performances in small taverns than I have in large ones.

EDIT: related hint: You can encourage your dwarves to do stuff in the tavern by drafting them, giving them a military move order into the tavern, and undrafting them when they have gathered in it. Doesn't work really well when there's a huge backlog of high priority jobs waiting for them, but if things are quiet, it's a great way of getting a performance underway. For libraries, it works even better. Library jobs are purple (high need) jobs, and even with a huge backlog of jobs, this is a surefire way to get those assigned scholars scholaring instead of hauling rocks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:41:41 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »

It could be that your dwarves are too far apart to engage in a multi-performance. It could be just coincidence, but I've seen more performances in small taverns than I have in large ones.

EDIT: related hint: You can encourage your dwarves to do stuff in the tavern by drafting them, giving them a military move order into the tavern, and undrafting them when they have gathered in it. Doesn't work really well when there's a huge backlog of high priority jobs waiting for them, but if things are quiet, it's a great way of getting a performance underway. For libraries, it works even better. Library jobs are purple (high need) jobs, and even with a huge backlog of jobs, this is a surefire way to get those assigned scholars scholaring instead of hauling rocks.
Do your performers actually know any group dances? Check the descriptions of the dances they know. My SuperTaverns are full of groups hanging out performing together in various parts of the tavern.

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2017, 11:43:51 pm »

Good news everyone!

Titans, FBs, etc, WILL eventually path through your open gates into your fortress.

In completed unrelated news, it apparently takes precisely sixty-four (64) civilian dwarves to kill one (1) giant, winged, venomous leech.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2017, 12:28:50 am »

Has anybody found out how to solve the problem of missing or destroyed Artifacts that are just on the ground being ignored by people?  Do I have to Retire the Fortress, become an Adventurer in the Fortress, pick up the items, put them onto the pedestals, retire the Adventurer, and restart the Fortress?  I don't like the idea of retiring a Fortress - heard strange things happen to it when retired - fields and stockpiles get messed up and such.   ???
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2017, 01:11:17 am »

Has anybody found out how to solve the problem of missing or destroyed Artifacts that are just on the ground being ignored by people?  Do I have to Retire the Fortress, become an Adventurer in the Fortress, pick up the items, put them onto the pedestals, retire the Adventurer, and restart the Fortress?  I don't like the idea of retiring a Fortress - heard strange things happen to it when retired - fields and stockpiles get messed up and such.   ???

Try forbidding/unforbidding it, or using DFHack's thing to clean up items that people dropped on the ground. I think it's cleanowned or fixowned or tweakowned or something.

In other news—A dwarven child in my fort just made an artifact ring and claimed it, not as a gift to the civilization or as a family heirloom, but as a personal treasure. Is this new?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2017, 01:42:26 am »

Try forbidding/unforbidding it, or using DFHack's thing to clean up items that people dropped on the ground. I think it's cleanowned or fixowned or tweakowned or something.

In other news—A dwarven child in my fort just made an artifact ring and claimed it, not as a gift to the civilization or as a family heirloom, but as a personal treasure. Is this new?
Well, it's all new, isn't it?
But yeah, don't think this has been noticed before now. Never seen it in Legends either.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2017, 02:15:30 am »

Has anyone figured out yet what the difference is between offerings, heirlooms, and personal treasures?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15