Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released  (Read 126860 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2017, 08:12:44 am »

Did this update fix the hunter bug that requires we manually force dwarves to drop their xbows in order that they will pick up ammo?
Have you considered reading the release notes?
This release was an emergency release to fix crashing, so the answer is no.

I did, in fact, read the release notes for version 44.  I do admit to missing that this was a tweakpatch.

You will, hopefully, note that Toady included the patch notes from 44.01 with the patch notes from 44.02.

I did not see anything specifically addressing the hunter bug.

So, I will rephrase my question:

Does DF version 44 resolve the broken hunters bug?

I managed to feed an entire fortress just with my hunters without any workarounds, so if there is a bug yet it is very rare.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2017, 01:33:36 pm »

Did this update fix the hunter bug that requires we manually force dwarves to drop their xbows in order that they will pick up ammo?

I did, in fact, read the release notes for version 44.  I do admit to missing that this was a tweakpatch.

You will, hopefully, note that Toady included the patch notes from 44.01 with the patch notes from 44.02.

I managed to feed an entire fortress just with my hunters without any workarounds, so if there is a bug yet it is very rare.
Indeed, my hunters are having a great Fun time since I introduced my 'open caverns' policy. No issues at all. They even carve their own bolts in their downtime.

Not saying there aren't issues, of course. But "broken"? Not even close.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2017, 11:36:21 am »

I have an adventurer Necromancer who, when bitten by a werebeast and then travels, not only unequips everything and holds them instead, but then crashes the game soon thereafter.

Edit: It worked after I waited for the full moon to be over, though somehow I lost all my stuff. Butt-naked angry necromancer apparently still kicks ass, though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:33:06 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2017, 12:47:04 pm »

Quick question, is the mead hall design gonna be adjusted a bit more?

They seem really disappointingly small in the current version. While in the previous version they were still rather empty, you'd atleast some some fairly impressive ones every once in a while that went many z-levels down.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2017, 02:40:47 pm »

Indeed, my hunters are having a great Fun time since I introduced my 'open caverns' policy. No issues at all. They even carve their own bolts in their downtime.

Good, will try to find the time to download and play around with the new version then.  Hunters in the prior version would fail to hunt every time they ran out of quarrels.  100% reproducible.  Was a real pain since I generally use food as the base of my economy after the first caravan visit.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »

I just wanted to note that the new creature classes ([CREATURE_CLASS:POISONOUS]), are actually VENOMOUS creatures. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

Good, will try to find the time to download and play around with the new version then.  Hunters in the prior version would fail to hunt every time they ran out of quarrels.  100% reproducible.  Was a real pain since I generally use food as the base of my economy after the first caravan visit.
I suspect that you'll have the same problems. I've been using hunters with very few issues for a long time. If they get stuck use the workaround, but nothing's changed in this version.

Hunters fail to hunt when they run out of bolts now as always. Then they go get more (or go socialize, drink or whatever). That's not a bug, just common sense (more common sense than archer squads show in trying to continue the battle using their crossbow as a club).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2017, 06:55:56 pm »

I just wanted to note that the new creature classes ([CREATURE_CLASS:POISONOUS]), are actually VENOMOUS creatures. :/

Always Fun. Giant cave spiders are also an odd one out in their local creature material for venom being labeled POISON, the only venom critter to do so. I had to change that for Adventurecraft, due to the addition of a "refine venom" idea.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2017, 07:21:15 pm »

I suspect that you'll have the same problems. I've been using hunters with very few issues for a long time. If they get stuck use the workaround, but nothing's changed in this version.

Hunters fail to hunt when they run out of bolts now as always. Then they go get more (or go socialize, drink or whatever). That's not a bug, just common sense (more common sense than archer squads show in trying to continue the battle using their crossbow as a club).

The problem I had was that after running out of quarrels, the hunters would never go get more.  I had to take them off hunting jobs until they stored their xbows, then put them back on hunting jobs for them to pick up the xbow again, and get quarrels.

If they are now actually returning to the stockpiles to get arrows, without manual interaction, then they are working again.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »

The problem I had was that after running out of quarrels, the hunters would never go get more.  I had to take them off hunting jobs until they stored their xbows, then put them back on hunting jobs for them to pick up the xbow again, and get quarrels.

If they are now actually returning to the stockpiles to get arrows, without manual interaction, then they are working again.

I am pretty sure they were returning to get more bolts. However, I didnt set up a markdwarf squad, or tried to select which bolts they could or couldn't use. Maybe the bug is related with these things.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2017, 09:00:36 pm »

(Venom:  I've seen this, but I've got mixed info on whether "venom" has to be injected subcutaneously or not -- ie, a sting or bite, in which case POISONOUS is more correct, as it includes the Cave Blob, etc.; the word "toxic" would be even more correct here, though it has a biological connotation which might not always be correct for the use of future non-biological creatures by kobolds, which is where POISONOUS is used by the game.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2017, 09:24:44 pm »

In my native language, the words for "venom" and "poison" are one and the same, so I also make that mistake quite often.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2017, 06:25:55 am »

In my language there are words for both, though most people dont know the difference and rarely use one of them. Even translating from english is tricky for they are false cognates. Venom  = peçonha, poison= veneno

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2017, 08:21:27 am »

Giftig? I think french wins this game with vénéneux et vénimeux... Phonetically the only thing that differs is M/N
let

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2017, 05:28:50 am »

Is 9352, "Hunters too obsessed with hunting" (part A) the right report? If so you can add save showing this behaviour at least.

Also you should talk rather about "quivers", not "quarrels" :D
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16