Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released  (Read 127050 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2017, 05:05:32 pm »

A quarrel is a bolt, isn't it?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2017, 05:20:05 pm »

A quarrel is a bolt, isn't it?
Ooh. Sorry, I knew only about the "disagreement" meaning of "quarrel" and thus thought one Q-word was used instead of other one.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2017, 01:28:57 am »

What's the biggest issue preventing people from upgrading their existing fort to 44.02, if any?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2017, 04:11:26 am »

What's the biggest issue preventing people from upgrading their existing fort to 44.02, if any?
Knowing that there are 3 or 4 major crash bugs marked as 'fixed for next version' on the tracker?
Or it might be the unstoppable, fps killing visitor-splosion.
We're right at the beginning of a bug fix phase. Anybody not into playtesting who just wants to play probably isn't too fussed about upgrading yet.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2017, 04:39:02 am »

In addition to what Shonai_Dweller said, an upgraded fortress won't get access to pedestals or display cases. I don't know if there's anything else that an upgraded fortress would miss out on, though, apart from the artifacts that didn't get generated during world gen, so artifact raiding will probably be rather lack luster.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2017, 05:31:53 am »

In addition to what Shonai_Dweller said, an upgraded fortress won't get access to pedestals or display cases. I don't know if there's anything else that an upgraded fortress would miss out on, though, apart from the artifacts that didn't get generated during world gen, so artifact raiding will probably be rather lack luster.
Oh yeah, not much point in upgrading from an actual existing save unless weapon traps are integral to your masterplan.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »

You can still do general raids and capture necromancer books and demon slabs.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »

That said, I would reason that it's better to either make a new world, or hold off on migrating a save until next update.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2017, 09:57:01 pm »

Ooh. Visitor spam is fixed. Yay!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2017, 08:10:30 am »

Ooh. Visitor spam is fixed. Yay!

And now here's hoping the other major "por que" bugs are on the list.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Zil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2017, 01:46:06 am »

I've been having a problem with pedestals that I can't find mentioned anywhere. When I tell it to stop the display, the item is not removed from the pedestal. I need to deconstruct the pedestal for the dwarves to take the item away, and after that the item cannot be put on any pedestal ever again.

I've tried the usual tricks like forbidding and unforbidding the item in question but it doesn't fix it. It seems can only pedestal an item once and then it's invisible to all future pedestals.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2017, 02:45:37 am »

I've been having a problem with pedestals that I can't find mentioned anywhere. When I tell it to stop the display, the item is not removed from the pedestal. I need to deconstruct the pedestal for the dwarves to take the item away, and after that the item cannot be put on any pedestal ever again.

I've tried the usual tricks like forbidding and unforbidding the item in question but it doesn't fix it. It seems can only pedestal an item once and then it's invisible to all future pedestals.
I've seen this mentioned all over the forum and I believe it's on the tracker someplace.
--edit
Here it is:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10353
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:48:33 am by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2017, 11:34:51 am »

I gotta ask - during this bugfix/feature cycle, can we get a stop-drop-and-roll type interaction that creatures will use when on fire to extinguish themselves? I don't think I'm the only one who's really tired of fire being pretty much a 100% death condition for a given dwarf in fort mode.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

Heck I'd be satisfied if creatures even moved at all while on fire.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:49:49 pm by gnome »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16