Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released  (Read 126504 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

Sounds like a topic for the suggestions forum.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2017, 02:31:11 pm »

Any chance you think you might take a took at conversations dwarves have in dwarf mode?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:55:02 pm by Lemtoad »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2017, 05:17:09 pm »

Any chance you think you might take a took at conversations dwarves have in dwarf mode?
You can do that already. Just adjust the settings in announcements. (See wiki for instructions).

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Announcements.txt

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2017, 11:41:13 am »

Minor bug I just noticed. ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT token doesn't actually seem to guarantee what it says. Chances are vastly increased (and if the animal doesn't exist in the wild they do show up) but some of the animals in the group aren't 100% guaranteed to show up, even with the token.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2017, 05:49:16 pm »

What happened to the bug fixes? Did Toady got stuck in a big nasty one?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:00:05 pm by thvaz »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2017, 06:11:54 pm »

You're quite the worrier, aren't you? :P

If there was a change in plans I'm sure we would've heard something. Just be patient, chances are Toady isn't quite as far past the chaos of the holidays just yet as he expected to be (or, as you've already guessed, there's a particularly troublesome bug keeping him occupied).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:18:26 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2017, 06:19:46 pm »

If there was a change in plans I'm sure we would've heard something. Just be patient, chances are Toady isn't quite as far past the chaos of the holidays just yet as he expected to be.

Fortress Mode is nigh unplayable right now. Release history shows that Toady used to be very fast in fixing the glaring issues. He also used to be more clear about the development of the game.

Though I guess I am getting old and grumpy.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2017, 06:24:39 pm »

I think it's somewhat unrealistic to expect a game to keep up the same fire over a development cycle measured in decades. There will inevitably be rough/slow patches over that length of time.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2017, 06:25:27 pm »

If there was a change in plans I'm sure we would've heard something. Just be patient, chances are Toady isn't quite as far past the chaos of the holidays just yet as he expected to be.

Fortress Mode is nigh unplayable right now. Release history shows that Toady used to be very fast in fixing the glaring issues. He also used to be more clear about the development of the game.

As he's already said bug fix cycle beginning was delayed:
1) He had Thanksgiving involving family and stuff
2) Followed by a trip to Montreal
3) Followed by lutefisk poisoning (he didn't report the last bit yet, just an educated guess...).

The devblog said the updates would begin late. The bug tracker already has bugs marked as fixed for next version (including crashes and visitor-splosion).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:27:56 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »

As he's already said bug fix cycle beginning was delayed:
1) He had Thanksgiving involving family and stuff
2) Followed by a trip to Montreal
3) Followed by lutefisk poisoning (he didn't report the last bit yet, just an educated guess...).

The devblog said the updates would begin late. The bug tracker already had bugs marked as fixed for next version (including crashes and visitor-splosion).

The funny thing it that in the past as I was just like you both.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »

Anyway, I'm holding out some hope that we might get the next bugfix release as a holiday present.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

Anyway, I'm holding out some hope that we might get the next bugfix release as a holiday present.
The new announcement looks so promising, I'm really excited to see Toady's fixes, he chose really good bugs to fix imho. Hopefully you're right!
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »

I hope toady fixes  those immersion breaking adventure mode bugs, reputations are busted, rumors are busted, performances are busted. Ugh, this dwarf mode focus when it is working way better then adventure mode is irritating me. i know he acknowledges the bugs and im donating and toady is literally my hero, who inspired my own game. But they have completely ruined adventure mode for me.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2017, 06:26:15 pm »

The new announcement looks so promising, I'm really excited to see Toady's fixes, he chose really good bugs to fix imho. Hopefully you're right!

but hes ignoring the reputation bug in adventure mode that has completely busted rumors and reputations in adventurer mode when gaining reputation in various ways, and various types is one of the main features.
Looks like hes focusing on crashes right now though so, meh, im just a bit salty :P. (I only really play adventure mode, and i have been unable to have fun in it since the release) , like the new artifact retrieval missions are fun and all but its pointless when it doesnt help your characters reputation and make you a treasure hunter like was the whole point of it. Now all you can do is run around killing things, and sure thats what alot of people already did, but i preferred getting into the nuances and role playing and having the world react to me and moving "up in the world" and this has been broken, and makes it unplayable for me personally.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2017, 06:50:57 pm »

Toady is not "ignoring" specific bugs. He's just one person, so it's only possible to fix a few at a time. There's also a trade-off between getting more bugs fixed and getting releases out more quickly, but just because he didn't fix a bug in one release doesn't mean he never will. (Also, he was at a conference and on vacation, meaning he hasn't had as much time to fix bugs as he has in the past after major releases, but he's fixed several this week on the tracker.)

I've seen several reports of single "game-breaking" bugs in this thread, and opinions on exactly which bug is game-breaking can differ a lot between players. I understand the frustration behind some of those, but if everyone jumps into release threads to complain about their personal least favorite bugs, these threads can get pretty cluttered, making it harder to find things specific to the release they're about. I'd suggest taking complaints about longstanding bugs to another subforum - General Discussion, Dwarf Mode Discussion, maybe Suggestions for suggestion-like things, etc.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16