Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released  (Read 126480 times)

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 05:00:47 am »

Now that was a fast update!
Thank you, o Toady One.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 05:03:42 am »

Bug with unknown creature exists in fortress mode. After killing dwarf agent (probably) with two artifacts -
she doesn't feel anything after seeing unknown creature die.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 05:09:53 am »

Bug with unknown creature exists in fortress mode. After killing dwarf agent (probably) with two artifacts -
she doesn't feel anything after seeing unknown creature die.
It also affects hearthperson reports: "My liege, [Target Name] is dead. An unknown creature was slain."
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2017, 05:35:10 am »

I saw a goat man saying an unknown creature attacked an unknown creature.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 06:21:59 am »

Also, can I just say that the "Identify Yourself!" bug is like some sort of Monty Python routine?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 07:55:58 am »

A: Identify yourself!
B: (but I can't talk...)  :(
B: (Ok. I'll try. Concentrate...focus on the words...)
     Grghh...Identify yourself!
B: Identify Yourself!
Etc, etc, etc...

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 09:42:29 am »

Looking at the Legend mode, i see some "X has fled in order to flee". Is it a bug or unintentionaly fun ? (or both ?)

On the other hand, something else bothers me. Artefacts (weapons) are never used after they are produced. Sometimes you see it has killed 1 (the moment when the weapon became named). But, after that, weapons are never used again, in battles or huntings, or things like that. I don't understand why an heirloom couldn't be used when war is coming.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2017, 12:57:30 pm »

I don't understand why an heirloom couldn't be used when war is coming.

Its because the weapons armies use are site posessed objects, personally weapons outside of carving knives etc aren't used.

The only feasable way would be to either for a dwarf to create a artifact then decide to become a mercenary or change the system in a way that allows soldiers to bring their own weapons if any & be sorted into relevant places in the army.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »

Pretty major artifact duplication bug it seems in adventure mode if you display a artifact while the artifact is on its pedestal if you wait/do anything that passes time the artifact gets displaced despite still being on its pedestal so theirs a displaced version of the artifact and the pedestal version if it.

Edit would post it to mantis but dont got a account for it yet.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:13:05 pm by Fluffe9911 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 02:47:14 pm »

Pretty major artifact duplication bug it seems in adventure mode if you display a artifact while the artifact is on its pedestal if you wait/do anything that passes time the artifact gets displaced despite still being on its pedestal so theirs a displaced version of the artifact and the pedestal version if it.

I just encountered something similar. I walked into a keep, and there was an artifact dagger on the floor - picked it up, gave it to the lord. I fast travelled away and came back later - the dagger was on the floor again, but a copy of it was also in the lords possession - when I picked it up, it vanished from his inventory. He also said "last I heard, I had it".

I don't have a mantis account yet either, so I'm gonna post it here because its really major - companions do not attack other things alongside you. I went into a towns dungeon and attacked a criminal - neither of my companions helped, they weren't tagged as allies either - they didn't run either, just stood there.

To confirm it, I made another adventurer and attacked some random soldiers in a mead hall alongside a companion. Same result - the soldiers all attacked me at once, but the companion just stood there.

I would guess this is related to the identity bugs other people have been posting with "unknown creature" stuff.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2017, 03:48:39 pm »

I got another worldgen crash.

I was generating the medium version of this design. I changed one thing about it, which was turning on "Cull unimportant hist figs", and it crashed around year 187.

The linked design was made in 43.x but I think if there was an incompatibility, it would have complained before it started generating history.

Seeds:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:05:36 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »

I just encountered something similar. I walked into a keep, and there was an artifact dagger on the floor - picked it up, gave it to the lord. I fast travelled away and came back later - the dagger was on the floor again, but a copy of it was also in the lords possession - when I picked it up, it vanished from his inventory. He also said "last I heard, I had it".

I don't have a mantis account yet either, so I'm gonna post it here because its really major - companions do not attack other things alongside you. I went into a towns dungeon and attacked a criminal - neither of my companions helped, they weren't tagged as allies either - they didn't run either, just stood there.

To confirm it, I made another adventurer and attacked some random soldiers in a mead hall alongside a companion. Same result - the soldiers all attacked me at once, but the companion just stood there.

I would guess this is related to the identity bugs other people have been posting with "unknown creature" stuff.

The issue with companions look like more trouble with identities.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2017, 04:08:30 pm »

That's what  I meant, yes. I wasn't assuming an identity while this happened, mind, but it happens regardless it seems.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2017, 06:05:33 pm »

Not really a bug report as such but could anyone confirm of the sleeping army/camp bug is still active? I want to test something with it. I'll be trying to confirm it myself as well but given how difficult it can be to happen upon an invasion event help would be appreciated.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »

Not really a bug report as such but could anyone confirm of the sleeping army/camp bug is still active? I want to test something with it. I'll be trying to confirm it myself as well but given how difficult it can be to happen upon an invasion event help would be appreciated.
Mantis bug tracker. Tracks current status of bugs:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16