Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released  (Read 126485 times)

evil_pigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02 Released
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »

Generating world using parameter set LARGE REGION
 Seed: Aykmo6CIoGe8Gs6AsMgK
 History Seed: S2OYc6u2WGwSswII666C
 Name Seed: 6KWWsQKUI4y4as2WoYMa
 Creature Seed: mgiKmgk6Cosiqu4ik6S2

So here is a seed that I know definitely crashes at year 573.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »

Generating world using parameter set LARGE REGION
 Seed: Aykmo6CIoGe8Gs6AsMgK
 History Seed: S2OYc6u2WGwSswII666C
 Name Seed: 6KWWsQKUI4y4as2WoYMa
 Creature Seed: mgiKmgk6Cosiqu4ik6S2

So here is a seed that I know definitely crashes at year 573.

Yeah, I've tried reusing successful world parameters and had 44.02 crash.

Although since my mod boosts civilizations it exasperates any world gen problems with the new content. The good news is, I've had a few medium site worlds reach 175-years.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:26:25 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

evil_pigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2017, 05:25:45 pm »

Although since my mod boosts civilizations it exasperates any world gen problems with the new content. The good news is, I've had a few medium site worlds reach 175-years.

The thing is that I am using a completely unmodified DF (aside from turning off the intro and sound). I am guessing changing RAWs will affect seeds?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2017, 05:26:50 pm »

The thing is that I am using a completely unmodified DF (aside from turning off the intro and sound).

I assumed that you were running vanilla.  Pocket worlds run smoothly for me. How about you?
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

evil_pigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2017, 05:32:00 pm »

I assumed that you were running vanilla.  Pocket worlds run smoothly for me. How about you?

Pocket worlds generate almost instantaneously up to exactly year 30 at the "age of [megabeast]" where it simply finishes generating. I don't know if that is normal or not but it doesn't crash.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 08:03:56 pm »

Is it checking for %megabeasts dead?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 10:24:51 pm »

I noticed a few changes in the encoding of and whitespaces in plant_new_trees.txt in the latest versions:

• The encoding was changed from "UTF-8" to "Western (Mac OS Roman)". (Actually it probably just removed the encoding declaration and my text editor is defaulting to Western encoding.)
  • The indentations were changed from tabs to 4 spaces.
  • On line 2687, there were two tags on a single line (but separated by lots of spaces) when they had been on separate lines in previous versions.

It probably doesn't make any difference in gameplay, but if you want it, here's a version that matches the formatting of previous versions perfectly (including the Tab-Space-Tab indentation format for the "SOLID_DENSITY" lines and the line following):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/65lsif2w4bc6e75/DF_v0.44.x%20plant_new_trees%20whitespace%20fixes.zip

Sorry if these are silly things to mention.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:55:07 pm by jecowa »

evil_pigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2017, 04:51:38 am »

Is it checking for %megabeasts dead?

The default setting was to check it at 30 years. Apparently on pocket worlds it just makes the generation finish on the year of its setting. In any case I don't think it is related to my worldgen crashing problem.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 08:31:48 pm »

Iam fuckin exited, finally a reason to buy a new pc! My old stopped working 6 months ago. Now time to get some nasty Dwarfmachine! :D

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2017, 04:42:00 am »

did a 125 year world gen on a medium map (may have been small, IDK). 1.5 years in with 51 pop and 8 guests and 58 pets (I should probably cull most of them). I get a semi-freeze every minute or so (hanged long enough to come up as not responding, then resumed). First time I was like "oh shit it crashed no I lost so much progress" but then it resumed and I saved and re-entered.

All was fine. Kept playing. It's still playable, but freezes for a few seconds every few minutes. Possible memory leak? I don't think so, because 30s after opening a new instance of DF just now, I had another semi-hang. It may have something to do with how many pets I have. Never had this happen in any other version and my rig isn't exactly shite. I don't wanna make a bug report unless I'm sure it is a bug and not my rig.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 05:25:07 am »

did a 125 year world gen on a medium map (may have been small, IDK). 1.5 years in with 51 pop and 8 guests and 58 pets (I should probably cull most of them). I get a semi-freeze every minute or so (hanged long enough to come up as not responding, then resumed). First time I was like "oh shit it crashed no I lost so much progress" but then it resumed and I saved and re-entered.

All was fine. Kept playing. It's still playable, but freezes for a few seconds every few minutes. Possible memory leak? I don't think so, because 30s after opening a new instance of DF just now, I had another semi-hang. It may have something to do with how many pets I have. Never had this happen in any other version and my rig isn't exactly shite. I don't wanna make a bug report unless I'm sure it is a bug and not my rig.
One way to create that kind of effect in the previous arc was to create a single tile tavern zone. The freezing then is caused by multiple creatures trying to occupy the same tile while trying to avoid sharing the the tile with others (or something like that), and is resolved by replacing the zone with a larger one (but DON'T delete the tavern entity: that can preserve the issue until you recreate it with exactly the same name and then give it a correct zone). I have no reason to assume that special case has been dealt with. Apart from that, the pet locked door pathing bug is also a common reason for lag oddities.

notshaye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:20 pm »

So very excited this game is still so well supported. :D

Beer Beard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 01:11:00 pm »

Raids now are not a challenge at all. Naked unarmed dwarves easily rob anyone. Very rarely anyone is crippled or dies.
Some people say that now we have a great way to get rid of unnecessary dwarves. This is not true. They return again and again.
In addition, they bring dozens of books that are literally created from the air.
To make one sheet of the parchment in the fortress, you need a whole cow skin and other ingredients. And still, books do not consider the value of the components, right?
But any NPC during worldgen can make dozens of books from the air. And when you start the game, there are already thousands of books in the world. And your raiders are pulling them into the fortress. It devalues ​​own book printing.
I do not feel any satisfaction in such an easy way to take away the candies from babies. Not only books, but also any artifacts in general.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »

Raids now are not a challenge at all. Naked unarmed dwarves easily rob anyone. Very rarely anyone is crippled or dies.
Some people say that now we have a great way to get rid of unnecessary dwarves. This is not true. They return again and again.
In addition, they bring dozens of books that are literally created from the air.
To make one sheet of the parchment in the fortress, you need a whole cow skin and other ingredients. And still, books do not consider the value of the components, right?
But any NPC during worldgen can make dozens of books from the air. And when you start the game, there are already thousands of books in the world. And your raiders are pulling them into the fortress. It devalues ​​own book printing.
I do not feel any satisfaction in such an easy way to take away the candies from babies. Not only books, but also any artifacts in general.

Yes. In my science thread, I was able to retrieve all the demon-binding slabs in the world with only 5 completely untrained embark embark dwarves. It was a very young world, though, so that might have something to do with it.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 01:26:31 pm »

Do you advise me to try this one wait for a new bug-fix release ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16