Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Has Been Announced  (Read 783 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Has Been Announced
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:02:22 am »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704450/Neverwinter_Nights_Enhanced_Edition/

Awwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh

Of note are these two bullet points in the Enhanced Features section:
"* Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders."

"*Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits."

Let the hype commence!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:23:34 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 04:05:39 am »

In case you don't know who Beamdog are, they're the same guys that made the enhanced editions for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. The enhanced editions for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, and Icewind Dale are available for use on iPads as well as Steam, by the way.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:33:07 am »

They've also spoken about renewed multiplayer stuff. Something something master server. I don't know anything about multiplayer things so I have no idea what that means, but presumably it's something good.
Love, scriver~

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:36 am »

Someone needs to run a master server for a game to have a server list, basically.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 02:58:24 pm »

Assuming they're going to follow their normal price point (about $20, and with fairly regular sales),  I think I'll grab this. NWN has so much content available that the price is probably worth it for a slight graphics overhaul. It wasn't such a bad implementation of 3e DND either, even if the combat felt a bit clunky.
It's a game. Have fun.