Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51

Author Topic: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (Fall 1965 - Final Design Phase)  (Read 58604 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Core Thread
See the Core Thread for rules and cross-nation discussion. If you're actively participating in the other team, please don't look any further than the OP.

The Bureau is an interesting place. Located next to Aratam's capitol, it takes the form of a skyscraper and the Lead Designers - you - inhabit a luxurious suite encompassing nearly the entire top floor. The wall is covered with, or more accurately, composed of windows allowing people to peer over the city and over the canopy of the rainforest. Expensive wood panelling covers the interior walls, giving the suite a luxurious yet homely atmosphere.
Being brought into the room are stacks upon stacks of top secret Forenian and Cannalan documents. None of the documents in these stacks provide any conclusive technology, theory, design, or any tangible thing. But in them is knowledge that will allow you to do wondrous things. Eventually, everyone is situated in their chairs in the sun-lit conference room, ready to begin designing.

The Design Bureau has also been tasked with a very important task. While Forenia and Cannala have already sent your nation (and those damn Merethans, most likely) the material vital to start your operation, Aratam still has to secure an official relationship with either Forenia or Cannala by the end of this year. This is vital for aid in resources and other avenues over the course of the coming war, but you will also be able to access the designs of your "Sponsor" - designs far better than those currently held by Aratam. Both Forenia and Cannala have expressed a willingless to give away some of their older designs - from Autumn 1942 or before.
After picking a Sponsor at the end of this year, Aratam will be able to choose one of that Sponsor's designs [from ICAR, at/before Autumn 1942] at the end of each year until - not including - 1960 to add to its own designs. That's 5 designs in total.
If Mereth also attempts to court the same nation as us, then we will likely both have to send over our design from this year to attempt to prove our natural ingenuity.

The year is 1954. A missive from the capitol informs you that the first offensive will begin at the start of 1960, meaning you have six years to make your preparations.
The Design Phase of 1954 has begun. Vote on a single design to submit.

Spoiler: Starter Designs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 06:50:17 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:14:47 am »

If we want to win any war against the merethian pigs, we must first create some form of transport for carrying guns and soldiers to the front lines. That is why I propose the Aratam Carrying Car

Quote from: A.C.C
A six wheeled truck with four seats and a truck bed capable of holding about four people or 800 pounds of cargo. The truck's windows and body is fortified allowing it to undergo medium fire from guns without breaking down.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:09:00 pm »

Quote from: Vute Vux
A,C,C ; (2) ; Blood Librarian, Tntey
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

I'm not sure a truck with extra wheels is sufficiently mad. Additionally, both sponsors have access to troop transports that we could gain access to. With that in mind:

Compound 42b ‘Spice’
This neon yellow complex chemical compound enhances reflexes, aiding with eye movement and motor planning. Those it has been tested on, make claims that they can see into the future, making reference to the term bullet time. It also binds to melanin in the body, most noticeably in the eyes causing the brown eyes of our people to flash yellow. The suspected mechanism is neuromelanin found within the brain with animal subjects showing a slight increase in metals in those areas. No doubt this increases the firing speed of the affected neurons, causing data to processed more swiftly.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »

How are smart soldiers going to fight if they can’t even make it to the front lines
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

How are smart soldiers going to fight if they can’t even make it to the front lines
I suggest in their shiny new M3T1A1 Raiders.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 05:28:50 pm »

I suggest in their shiny new M3T1A1 Raiders.

What are M3T1A1 Raiders?

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 05:30:40 pm »

What are M3T1A1 Raiders?
That is the Cannalan variant troop transporter. Carries ten passengers.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

What are M3T1A1 Raiders?
That is the Cannalan variant troop transporter. Carries ten passengers.

Where can we see a list of their gear?

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 05:35:02 pm »

There is a link in the core thread. Here it is below:
ICAR Autumn 1942 Battle Report (Forenian Thread)

The Cannalan stuff is in the post below the battle report.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 09:16:23 pm »

A,C,C ; (2) ; Blood Librarian, Tntey
Compound 42b "Spice" (2): Talion, Shadowclaw

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 03:53:32 pm »

Can next round we go into the research of Cyrothium, specifically for the use in flamethrowers or bullets against the enemy?

A,C,C ; (1) ; , Tntey
Compound 42b "Spice" (3): Talion, Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 03:55:29 pm »

A,C,C ; (0) ; ,
Compound 42b "Spice" (1): Talion, Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian, tntey

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »

Hmm i dont think going down the road of substances increasing our abilities will be that feasible and smart in the long run.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 05:46:15 pm »

Chemicals and Elicsers dan move to Mutations and combat stimulants, which can evolve further to biological manipulation and other exotic EXP. Its the first step on a train of biological ascension.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51