Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176285 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #1005 on: February 12, 2019, 11:11:30 pm »

Not sure, I actually checked wiki on those tags to see if it said anything extra but nothing was found..

BUT It does make me curious, so within the following days after I finish up a few things, I will test this out to see if that's the reason to make them spawn. Will test this first with humans, then dark fortress/tree civs after it it works with humans.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #1006 on: February 14, 2019, 03:32:30 pm »

Well.. just after 1 test...

I added [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_FOREST] ect. to the humans, they still spawned normal, the tags I had for this didn't effect the [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:2] for it.. so even with more biomes in settlement biome, it didn't want to spawn outside the normal biome support.. but anyway..

After 1 test, with humans.. after Spring ended, soon after as summer started, a cave nearby with a different Civ living in it became economic with me... ??? Idk. Then my Outpost Liaison showed up and was like "Hi would you like to have barony now?"

I don't even have a mayor lol.

Going to continue to explore this...
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1007 on: February 16, 2019, 04:03:59 am »

Allcaps edition? Okay.
After 1 test, with humans.. after Spring ended, soon after as summer started, a cave nearby with a different Civ living in it became economic with me... ??? Idk.
I have seen this plenty of times in a mod with a much larger number of cave civilizations (despite never seeing a normal economic settlement). You probably just embarked near a Kobold cave.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 16, 2019, 02:07:42 pm »

Yeah, after about a year, finally got a mayor, but I stopped for now because im currently busy, but the Civ in the cave isn't kobold, its just another Town/Hamlet Civ that lives within it. But besides that I havn't gotten any more settlements yet after a year and a half. Although most of my playthroughs usually take 2-4 years before settlements show up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2019, 02:36:46 pm »

Does anyone know what [FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP] actually does? I know it's present on underground animalpeople, but that's it. Is it a requirement for them to appear in those little camps and nothing else?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:18:11 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 23, 2019, 02:55:46 pm »

No, its defunct since the caverns were released at least. It used to make them appear out of chasms and underground rivers to attack your fort on occasion
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 23, 2019, 05:19:00 pm »

No, its defunct since the caverns were released at least. It used to make them appear out of chasms and underground rivers to attack your fort on occasion
Should we update the wiki, then?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 23, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »

I thought it already said something to that effect, didnt it?

No, apparently it just lists where its found. That doesnt make sense. Yeah, then it should at least say it does nothing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 24, 2019, 08:12:36 pm »

Is there a way to make civs more likely to go to war without having some civs just be arbitrarily evil or babysnatchers or item thieves? Is there any conceivable way to simulate things like holy wars or just petty wars over territory or honor or other realistic mundane shit?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 24, 2019, 09:39:52 pm »

All sorts of realistic mundane shit happen all the time normally, just due to ethics or values differences or territory disputes or whatever. People like to force things because I Don't Know They Think This Is A Game

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 25, 2019, 12:31:51 am »

Not often enough. Except for inter-group warfare between different groups within civs that have KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER set to anything more acceptable than JUSTIFIED_IF_EXTREME_REASON.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:43:20 am by Dunmeris »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1016 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:08 am »

Is there a way to make civs more likely to go to war without having some civs just be arbitrarily evil or babysnatchers or item thieves? Is there any conceivable way to simulate things like holy wars or just petty wars over territory or honor or other realistic mundane shit?

Looks like OldGenesis centaurs are reliably at war with dwarves, even without babysnatcher tag. Yeah they're set to evil_shit.  Ethics declaration:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 25, 2019, 09:53:03 am »

Here's a chart on the wiki detailing how ethics interact

However, the "faction" system created by the presence or absence of BABYSNATCHER and ITEM_THIEF is far more reliable when it comes to creating conflict.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 25, 2019, 12:30:54 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22151.msg240207#msg240207

This post details which ethics actually count towards starting wars.
The personality of the leaders also affects this somehow, but i havent seen details about whats important there. But if your monarch/whoever can declare wars is required to be of a caste (or species as a whole) with consistently the right personality to start wars, they should be more likely to do so.
I make Spellcrafts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 25, 2019, 05:40:59 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22151.msg240207#msg240207

This post details which ethics actually count towards starting wars.
The personality of the leaders also affects this somehow, but i havent seen details about whats important there. But if your monarch/whoever can declare wars is required to be of a caste (or species as a whole) with consistently the right personality to start wars, they should be more likely to do so.
I did some research on this a while back, but either I never posted my results or it's buried so deep I can't find it. I asked Toady One what traits affected declarations of war, then jacked those traits up to max in every race. The result was a world so warlike that even civs of the same race would attack each other.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 120