Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176625 times)

Bohemian Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • This.. this must be [Dwarf Fortress Main Theme]!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1035 on: March 21, 2019, 11:44:17 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION_PROPENSITY:20:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:3:PEAK:100:END:100:DWF_STRETCH:4]Would this syndrome effect lower depression, or would it just increase the trait by 20 "depression points"?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  also, how many ticks is 2-3 months, in fortress mode?
and yes, I am making a pill that makes dwarves more "friendlier".
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:54:33 pm by Bohemian Jones »

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:16 am »

Would this syndrome effect lower depression, or would it just increase the trait by 20 "depression points"?
Neither. Try this:
[CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:DEPRESSION_PROPENSITY:SEV:0:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:3:PEAK:100:END:100000:DWF_STRETCH:4]

Well over 100,000.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1037 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:53 am »

33600 ticks in a month.
- One fort season (100800 ticks) is: 67 minutes at 25 tps, 34 minutes at 50 tps, 17 minutes at 100 tps.

- dwarf walking: 33600 ticks per month. avg dwarf walks 120 tiles/day (day is 1200 ticks), 840 tiles/week. That's 1848 m/week, 264 m/day. Assuming 2.2m wide tiles.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 22, 2019, 01:25:38 pm »

I hit a bug with trolls* that I was wondering if anyone could give me/point me to further information about (I think I vaguely remember hearing about this before, but can't find any previous threads on it).

Trolls that I bring with me via the embark screen work as I expected, which is to say that I can draft them into my squads and send them into battle.  However, trolls that I import later can't be.  They also come with professions, but I can't get to their allowed jobs screen.

Have other people noticed this/are there any workarounds?

*Actually a modded-troll like race that should be exactly like trolls, just with a slightly different body plan etc.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 22, 2019, 02:30:36 pm »

Theres no good workaround, and the issue revolves around them being considered pets. Yes, they can be brought at embark, at which point theyre considered people, but the ones you import off the caravans start out being treated as animals and will not make the switch.

The best workaround is to have a dumb caste and a smart caste. You can bring some of both at embark; breeding pairs of the dumb caste and a few smart ones for extra muscle. Then the dumb ones can give birth to more workers; give them a one year childhood, or no childhood at all (but then newborn males, being adults, will immediately impregnate their mother/any sisters, making population control next to impossible)

If you dont add restrictions to nobles, then these tame-citizens will adopt noble positions occasionally.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 23, 2019, 09:43:28 am »

Oh, that's too bad.  No dfhack workaround either, I take it?

Will breeders bought off caravans post-embark give birth to citizens, or to pets?
Mods I've done:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 23, 2019, 02:25:23 pm »

Oh, that's too bad.  No dfhack workaround either, I take it?

Will breeders bought off caravans post-embark give birth to citizens, or to pets?

Theres probably tons of things dfhack can do, i was talking purely within the realm of what the game itself is capable of. And yes, children born off tame breeders will be treated like citizens, even though they will have the (tame) tag after their name, so you can put them in squads/noble positions and give them labors and beds etc.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 23, 2019, 09:25:06 pm »

If there is a dfhack script that specifically fixes the troll problem, I haven't found it (though there are dfhack-heavy mods whose descriptions would suggest that SOME fix is in place, so...).

I'll have to consider the breeder solution. Thanks for your help :)
Mods I've done:

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:30 pm »

I modified this set of tags for a handful of entities and now the game crashes in worldgen 100% of the time right at the point where all civs have been placed on the map.  Just as it should be switching over to generating history.

I thought at one point it might be because I'd made the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER for one entity higher than its MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER, but I addressed this and the crash remains unchanged.

Is there anything else I should look for that may be the cause?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:

Nevermind, I think I've got it worked out.  Not sure what was causing the crash, but it's no longer happening.

Would love some tips on what encourages civs to generate larger populations and be more active, though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:08:34 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 29, 2019, 09:48:00 am »

Maybe its the lake or river start biomes? I remember in older versions the game would allow entities to start in the ocean but the sites wouldnt be there when loaded, but maybe the new pathing code for armies broke that too, and lakes are basically like oceans right? Did you try removing those as possibilities?
I make Spellcrafts!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 29, 2019, 05:10:43 pm »

Yeah, the crashes did return, and I eventually figured out that it's probably because of oceans as a starting biome.  I still had crashes after adjusting that... and it can only have been because of the total of all my entity's Max Starting Civs being less than my worldgen setting's Number of Civs.

So I've got stable world generations again... but the thing I'm struggling with is I added a bunch of Meph's new Fortress Defense races (all based on animal people), and I'm trying to get the invader races to be more plentiful and active.  The Ally entities always generate more civs, even when I give the Invaders higher population and max civ numbers and more permissive biomes.  And the Invader historical figures I check all have appropriate personalities and ambitions like world domination and stuff.... but as a whole they're really inactive.  They engage in almost no conflict, don't expand settlements, etc.

I wish legends info would include information about historical figure/group motivations for their actions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:14:51 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 31, 2019, 09:26:08 am »

Newbie question time:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK_4ARMS:2EYES:1EYE:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:5FINGERS:5TOES:FANGTEETH_FD:RIBCAGE:FACIAL_FEATURES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[TISSUE:STEEL]
[TISSUE_NAME:fiendfur:fiendfur]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]

So this is a part of dark stranglers raws from Fortress Defense II. I'm having hard time understanding [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL] in this case. Where is fiendfur supposed to be on the strangler? Over the entire body? In that case there would be a [TISSUE_LAYER_OVER] tag somewhere, so that's probably not it. Unless it's on the top because it's the last defined layer. Can anyone explain where this tissue is and what defines its position, but in a way that a five-year old would understand?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 31, 2019, 09:27:04 am »

TISSUE_LAYER places it on top of the tissue layers

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 01, 2019, 05:40:44 pm »

I'm attempting to update a mod from v43.x to v44.x there are two glaring errors that immediately stand out though. The first is horrendous loading times when first creating the fort. The other is when going to the [C]iv screen. I get nothing but question marks when on it and nothing is accessible.https://imgur.com/OYhbUZq I've looked through the entity files and there's nothing wrong that seems to stand out.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 01, 2019, 06:34:24 pm »

For the civ screen, my guess is that you are missing the new key bindings (they are on data/init/interface.txt).
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 120