Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176371 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wiki. Raws are outdated, COMPRESSIVE, TENSILE are both used for part force transfer and TORSION and BENDING are used for both part force transfer AND wrestling, though TORSION only for latched blunt parts (latched sharp ones use TENSILE or SHEAR iirc).

That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure before I did any material modding, thanks.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do creatures flee in the arena? I can't figure out why my transformation test isn't working. I tried giving the creature flee quick, but they still won't use it.

I tested the syndrome with the arena tag, and that works.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:10000]
[CE:CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE:DEFAULT]

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:TEST BRONZE]
[CDI:INTERACTION:TEST_BRONZE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
[CDI:VERB:transform BRONZE:transform BRONZE:NA]
[CDI:VERB:transform BRONZE:transform BRONZE]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:3000]

As long as you haven't set combat to no-quarter then they should flee if necessary.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I use [SEED:wheat seed:0:0:0:PLANT_MAT:COTTON:SEED], will the seed grow a cotton plant or a wheat plant?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I feel like a COTTON plant would grow, from the seeds harvested from that "wheat" plant

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

If I use [SEED:wheat seed:0:0:0:PLANT_MAT:COTTON:SEED], will the seed grow a cotton plant or a wheat plant?
"wheat seed" is just an identifying name, it could be anything.

inside plant:teabush :
[SEED:polarbear seed:0:0:0:PLANT_MAT:COTTON:SEED]
It might make a teabush or a cotton seed, definitely not a polarbear seed.

Well, a reaction can output plant_x seeds so I guess it's the material, PLANT_MAT:COTTON:SEED that counts.
[PRODUCT:9:4:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:barley:SEED]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do creatures flee in the arena? I can't figure out why my transformation test isn't working. I tried giving the creature flee quick, but they still won't use it.

I tested the syndrome with the arena tag, and that works.

The arena has settings for aggression, which defaults to No Quarter if I remember right.  You need to toggle that around sometimes.

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two questions:
Adding CAN_LEARN with a syndrome, to dogs lets say, is that enough to allow a creature to learn skills?

Anyone know how I might go around making a creature run away from a specific vermin or creature?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:23:05 am by IndigoSnake »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Two questions:
Adding CAN_LEARN with a syndrome, to dogs lets say, is that enough to allow a creature to learn skills?

Anyone know how I might go around making a creature run away from a specific vermin or creature?

Yes, as CAN_LEARN means the creature is able to learn. Thus adding it with a Syndrome will allow it to learn

vermin not that I know of, creature erm closest thing I could think of is that the scary creature has an interaction that basically makes any personaility facet that is concerning bravery to be dropped really low but I myself dont know if there is a real way to instill terror

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, as CAN_LEARN means the creature is able to learn. Thus adding it with a Syndrome will allow it to learn
Thanks! I'm having a few issues though. I added an interaction to dogs, which targets themselves and gives a syndrome that adds CAN_LEARN for 600 ticks, but checking dfhack's labor menu shows no skill increases when they go a-biting; adding CAN_SPEAK definitely doesn't work, taking control in arena while infected results in "A dog cannot speak". Could this be a bug or have I modded this wrongly? I can say for sure they have the syndrome, because I made it so their tile flashes while infected.

in dog creature definition:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in interaction_standard:

an interaction that basically makes any personaility facet that is concerning bravery to be dropped really low
That's pretty clever. Is that actually possible?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:08:06 pm by IndigoSnake »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If tree can grow aboveground and undergrround in evil surroundings, will it grow in cavern only under evil regions?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! I'm having a few issues though. I added an interaction to dogs, which targets themselves and gives a syndrome that adds CAN_LEARN for 600 ticks, but checking dfhack's labor menu shows no skill increases when they go a-biting; adding CAN_SPEAK definitely doesn't work, taking control in arena while infected results in "A dog cannot speak". Could this be a bug or have I modded this wrongly? I can say for sure they have the syndrome, because I made it so their tile flashes while infected.

in dog creature definition:
in interaction_standard:

an interaction that basically makes any personaility facet that is concerning bravery to be dropped really low
That's pretty clever. Is that actually possible?

It may be a bug. I know I've removed can learn and can speak via interactions, but I've never tried adding them. I would suggest changing the end so that it never ends (or ends after a very long time) and then seeing if they learn anything. You could also use dfhack to check their skill levels to see if they gain any experience

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It may be a bug. I know I've removed can learn and can speak via interactions, but I've never tried adding them. I would suggest changing the end so that it never ends (or ends after a very long time) and then seeing if they learn anything. You could also use dfhack to check their skill levels to see if they gain any experience
Just tried it, it unfortunately looks like a bug. So much for dogs with combat skills  :(

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to name a specific drink in a reaction?

Would this work:

[REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:DWARVEN_WINE:NONE:NONE]

or would I have to use:

[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:DWARVEN_WINE]

or would I have to set up a reaction class?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, to make a drink from multiple ingredients at a workshop, is the product just a plant in liquid state?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Also, to make a drink from multiple ingredients at a workshop, is the product just a plant in liquid state?

Product should be a plant's or honey's DRINK_MAT material.

Is there a way to name a specific drink in a reaction?
Would this work: [REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:DWARVEN_WINE:NONE:NONE]
or would I have to use:
[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:DWARVEN_WINE] or would I have to set up a reaction class?
I guess you would use drink_A + barrel_A(contains drink_A) and  drink_B + barrel_B(contains drink_B) when making a "two alcohol reagents" reaction.

Material token for a plant structural: PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL
Material token for a plant drink: PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK_MAT  I guess. possibly DRINK[a named material, can be any name inside plant?], you should try with both and see which works.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:18:08 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120