Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176329 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. Is it also possible to use a specific part of a specific creature as a reagent? Like a dragon bone, dragon tooth or dragon blood, etc?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. Is it also possible to use a specific part of a specific creature as a reagent? Like a dragon bone, dragon tooth or dragon blood, etc?
Yes.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If tree can grow aboveground and undergrround in evil surroundings, will it grow in cavern only under evil regions?

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I make a caste of a creature that can be created through breeding, but cannot be found in the wild?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

If tree can grow aboveground and undergrround in evil surroundings, will it grow in cavern only under evil regions?

Maybe? You'd a have to try and find out yourself. There are evil creatures underground, but when I tested good and evil underground grasses, they didn't seem so cooperative, they'd just show up in every single embark.

Can I make a caste of a creature that can be created through breeding, but cannot be found in the wild?
Technically no, your only way to control castes is through the pop_ratio tag, which affects spawning in the wild and being born from a parent equally. You can use interaction/syndrome shenanigans to transform one caste into another which is super rare like 1 in 10000. Or you can make the wild and domestic populations different species. But no, not really.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

What would the code be?

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:DRAGON:NONE] [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Yes.

What would the code be?

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:DRAGON:NONE] [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]

Certain parts of a creature, not really like you can't say PART:TOOTH, or whatver, you can target the materials of those parts yes. Since all creatures in vanilla define their own versions of materials via templates. You can go to the materials you want and basically attach [REACTION_CLASS:custom name you can make up] to those materials in the DRAGON [SELECT_MATERIAL:TOOTH][REACTION_CLASS:DRAGON_TOOTH] and so on and so forth. Then your reaction would look like:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE] [REACTION_CLASS:DRAGON_TOOTH] [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ok thanks. I was hoping I wouldn't have to modify vanilla files but maybe I'll work around that

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Does anyone know what might cause this error?
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL
TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL:FEMALE_W:weapon: No tissue thickness
TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL:MALE_W:weapon: No tissue thickness

This is what's on the creature, by the way:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WEAPON:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:WEAPON:TB_DND_WEAPON_TEMPLATE]
[SELECT_TISSUE:WEAPON]
[TISSUE_NAME:steel:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

What is really confusing is that this error happens for every single creature except one in particular. And I just don't know why.

EDIT: I figured it out. The proper use is this:
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TOKEN:WEAPON:WEAPON]
[CONNECTS]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:24:43 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can anyone help me make the barrels on the right look like the barrels on the left?

Spoiler: right barrel code (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Does anyone know what might cause this error?
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL
TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL:FEMALE_W:weapon: No tissue thickness
TB_DND_BEARDED_DEVIL_EVIL:MALE_W:weapon: No tissue thickness

EDIT: I figured it out. The proper use is this:
[CONNECTS]

Technically the better way to do what you're doing is:

[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]

can anyone help me make the barrels on the right look like the barrels on the left?

Spoiler: right barrel code (click to show/hide)

flip the foreground and background colors

this [COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
to this [COLOR:3:1:0:6:0:0:0:0:0:6:0]

COLOR is foreground:background:brightness so
0:0:0 is black
0:0:1 is dark grey
7:0:0 is light grey
and
7:0:1 is white

for the foreground at least

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you trigger an interaction on the victim of a [VERMIN_BITE]? I tried to use [CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0] in a round-about way, ala vampire interaction, without much success.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You could use the syndrome to grant an on_self interaction that triggers the interaction you really want.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could use the syndrome to grant an on_self interaction that triggers the interaction you really want.
Am I correct in saying those are only used during combat in the current version?
'Tis a shame I can't just make a syndrome that only affects [CAN_LEARN] creatures without making it either an interaction OR giving every single [CAN_LEARN] creature a creature-class.

Also, is there an eloquent way to make every material/body-part on a creature cause a syndrome when eaten?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 120