Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176697 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:15 pm »

Yeah, post the raws.

It probably has to do something with a missing connection between their brain and the rest of their body, along with missing sight body parts.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2018, 07:48:32 pm »

Speaking of things that are good to know, I've been working on adding more civilizations to my DF and one of the races, a mantis person, seem to spawn into the arena without the ability to grasp, see or stand.. Anyone know why this is?

Yeah, post the raws.

It probably has to do something with a missing connection between their brain and the rest of their body, along with missing sight body parts.

pretty much this, you forgot a BRAIN or any THOUGHT bodypart. Or you ran into the mistake some people make and they start with BASIC_HEAD problem is the body parser works left to right so it makes a HEAD and tries to connect it to an UPPERBODY however that doesn't exist yet, so it exists but is not-connected so it's just "floating" there, then comes the rest of the parts and hopefully those go in the correct order, but with no HEAD (which houses THOUGHT most of the time) attached it technically severed from controlling the rest of the body.

If you're going for a NO_THOUGHT creature you also need the NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT <- before this tag NO_THOUGHT included it, but it was split too allow something to need a THOUGHT to move but doesn't need one to live (think of making a robot that has a CPU to control movement, damage that and the thing cannot move, but is still alive)

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2018, 02:15:30 am »

Yeah, post the raws.

I'll do it when I get home.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2018, 12:09:58 pm »

Yeah, post the raws.

Your assumption was correct. Driving home I had a stroke of genius. Having a spine and [NOBONES] makes for a bad mix.
This amateur realized his mistake. Woo!

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:27 pm »

I'm trying to make new races of animal people. They show up in the intelligent wilderness creature list but when you get to their description (e.g. "his skin is pink") it is blank and it says their race is nothing. It's clear that some information is missing or not being accessed correctly. The game crashes if you try to start anyway.

I'm not really sure what I need to add here: the skin color stuff is in the base creature, for example. Does anyone know what I need to do? Here are the relevant raws:

https://pastebin.com/raw/aLRicnP1

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2018, 07:38:13 pm »

I'm trying to make new races of animal people. They show up in the intelligent wilderness creature list but when you get to their description (e.g. "his skin is pink") it is blank and it says their race is nothing. It's clear that some information is missing or not being accessed correctly. The game crashes if you try to start anyway.

I'm not really sure what I need to add here: the skin color stuff is in the base creature, for example. Does anyone know what I need to do? Here are the relevant raws:

https://pastebin.com/raw/aLRicnP1

This is your issue:

[CREATURE:NAKED MOLE RAT]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:NAKED_MOLE_RAT]

there is no creature defined as "NAKED_MOLE_RAT" however there is a creature defined as "NAKED MOLE RAT"

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2018, 04:03:55 am »

testing sweat-n-tears negative emotion syndromes in OldGenesis. So 5-8% of dwarves would be sad, stressed, ready to snap.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
seems to make dwarves NEVER gain any social skills?! all of my dorfs have only the inborn negotiate-1, conversationallist-1.
Does this mean... every dwarven conversation contains crying?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:52:34 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2018, 09:18:49 am »

Does this mean... every dwarven conversation contains crying?

it's hard to gain wordplay skills when everyone sounds like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2018, 12:57:48 pm »

Ah, bugger, thanks for noticing that.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2018, 02:22:01 pm »

Wasn't there an issue regarding social stuff as Dwarves will only talk with their spouse if they are both in their room. Making the Tavern the only place where off work dwarves mingle?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2018, 08:17:17 am »

Wasn't there an issue regarding social stuff as Dwarves will only talk with their spouse if they are both in their room. Making the Tavern the only place where off work dwarves mingle?
All 70 dwarves not gaining any social skills. I broke something. Tried setting tears_syndrome to zero probability and living a few months, and no-one gained social skills. (then an Animated Armor killed 9 hopefuls, and 20 kg scorpions killed many.) A foreigner Raaja Varmajoki is Mayor cos they have more social skills.

ps. deleting a currently active syndrome, hard crashes the DF upon loading the save.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:02:57 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

SunRaTheThird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2018, 04:21:06 pm »

Dose anyone know an easy way to mod away alcohol poisining?

Very frustrating when dwarfs die of this.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »

Dose anyone know an easy way to mod away alcohol poisining?

Very frustrating when dwarfs die of this.

Even more gigantic livers might help. Crank that size up to 1000, see what happens.

Unless you're talking about the death-by-lung-damage-due-to-excessive-vomiting thing, in which case faster healing on lungs might be your answer.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2018, 04:58:48 pm »

Bigger liver doesn't help. However, dwarves have a token:
[SYNDROME_DILUTION_FACTOR:INEBRIATION:150]
Increase the number to make them more resistant. You could also lower it to make alcohol a deadly poison for said creature.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »

I've always found the "death by alcohol poisoning" condition a bit ridiculous in how it manifests. It literally is explained as "suffocating from choking on own vomit", which means someone will always do so when drinking too much, even when in a culture that should know how to prevent this (place unconscious victim on their side, clear airway), or possibly already having an empty stomach after throwing up wholly while awake.
Only way around it with current syndromes I can think of is making it so that alcohol causes very weak, recoverable damage to the liver, such that it can fail outright with too much alcohol. Make it so that the liver continuously secretes an on contact evaporating liquid that does an interaction that keeps dwarves normal dwarves, and ends after a duration of no exposure. The brain passively would secrete a liquid that can do an interaction on dwarves as long as they're not transformed into themself, that transforms them into another pseudo-dwarf suffering from the symptoms of organ failure.
Or something along those lines. It'll probably be easier to wait for toady to implement blood filtration.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:23:18 pm by iceball3 »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 120