Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174400 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #375 on: March 20, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »

Is there a way to get [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] to create more than 1 item per laying? CLUTCH_SIZE seems to have no effect. It seems egg laying works for either gender, also.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:54:24 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 21, 2018, 12:21:51 am »

[INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_REBORN_FIRE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
   [I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Reanimated fire fiend]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:reanimated fire fiend:reanimated fire fiends:reanimated fire fiend:START:0]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:REANIMATED_FIRE_FIEND:DEFAULT]

^ this seems to be the best choice tbh. Only problem I need to figure out is to stop the cloths/weps from being dropped( or remove them completely), as well as get them properly named correctly once raised.. pre-generated raised have the name listed above, but any newly raised around the player will still display as "x corpse". But other than that, they change creatures and turn into the new ones, just gear and name issues to figure out :thinking:
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 21, 2018, 12:33:27 am »

Creatures drop all clothing when they die and when they transform, nothing you can do about that. I don't think there's much you can do about the name issue either.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 21, 2018, 12:37:50 am »

Do resurrection interactions also have the "corpse" title?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 21, 2018, 01:42:11 am »

The ones found within the tower don't, but any the player or newly transformed creatures do have it
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 21, 2018, 02:36:02 am »

The ones found within the tower don't, but any the player or newly transformed creatures do have it
But right now, you're using a reanimation interaction. I was wondering whether a resurrection interaction (which is different) would remove the corpse title.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #381 on: March 21, 2018, 03:09:01 am »

Is there a way to get [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS] to create more than 1 item per laying? CLUTCH_SIZE seems to have no effect. It seems egg laying works for either gender, also.

Nope 1 item at a time, sadly. As it doesn't follow normal egg laying as it's nothing to do with reproduction. Altho you probably know more than one LUE will let them randomly pick one to lay during the process

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 21, 2018, 03:41:46 am »

Thanks to everyone, now trying to make it into something sensible.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 21, 2018, 01:30:24 pm »

But right now, you're using a reanimation interaction. I was wondering whether a resurrection interaction (which is different) would remove the corpse title.

will test this!

Edit: Its basically the same thing, just this time, they are just named their previous names (using OTA): http://puu.sh/zMz4A/d438d684da.png

2nd Edit: But it no longer allows them to make towers.. fml... will just use ANIMATE and change a few things then to make it fit with corpses.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:23:17 pm by Fatace »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 21, 2018, 04:22:17 pm »

Nope 1 item at a time, sadly. As it doesn't follow normal egg laying as it's nothing to do with reproduction. Altho you probably know more than one LUE will let them randomly pick one to lay during the process
Well it turns out you can have the males lay regular eggs too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2018, 10:21:16 pm »

Random questions...

1. I know its possible to make civs with animal people in it, but its only 1 race... is it possible to have a civ basically be a haven for animal people and not just 1 spieces.

2. When creating creatures with materials out of inorganic and such (like bronze colossus) what all contributes to how strong the creature is? Density and Imp.?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »

For multi-race civs you'd have to make a different caste for each species, I think. As for the inorganic creatures, it should be the same calculations combat uses for armor of that material.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2018, 12:54:19 am »

Only one species can be the founder of a given civ, but people are free to move around. Maybe if you had an assload of civilizations, one basic "animal people of some sort" entity with all the animal people kinds listed and tweak the preferred biomes a bit to encourage maximum immigration? Like having the civ have a chance to start off nearly anywhere, those places mostly being preference level "meh I guess" and have like one that's supremely attractive? To my reasoning, that should make animal people civilizations that are nominally just for one species, but end up with large melting pots in the given fertile places wherever the entity "seeds" land.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:57:08 am by scamtank »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2018, 01:40:30 am »

you could make it so The animal people are Pets in the Civ which ends up with More than one creature type popping up in the town and site.
so if you have like an entity with multiple types of Creatures who would start one, then have an ANIMAL token set for every Creature you want to pop up in the fort you could end up with a mixing pot of a civ that is run by ratmen or tigermen or Bearmen; with Tigermen, bearmen, and Ratmen as Pets you can generate world here the main Civ would be different but still persist with the followup groups that will spawn when you visit that site. also the bonus of buying or randomly getting those types of animalmen when you embark.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2018, 02:41:15 am »

you could make it so The animal people are Pets in the Civ which ends up with More than one creature type popping up in the town and site.
so if you have like an entity with multiple types of Creatures who would start one, then have an ANIMAL token set for every Creature you want to pop up in the fort you could end up with a mixing pot of a civ that is run by ratmen or tigermen or Bearmen; with Tigermen, bearmen, and Ratmen as Pets you can generate world here the main Civ would be different but still persist with the followup groups that will spawn when you visit that site. also the bonus of buying or randomly getting those types of animalmen when you embark.

I've done some testing on that before - if you add intelligent creatures as "pets" to a race, while you can normally buy them in fort mode, in adventure mode you have to play from that civ with their main population first before that additional intelligent population becomes playable.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 120