Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176715 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2018, 02:54:52 am »

you could make it so The animal people are Pets in the Civ which ends up with More than one creature type popping up in the town and site.
so if you have like an entity with multiple types of Creatures who would start one, then have an ANIMAL token set for every Creature you want to pop up in the fort you could end up with a mixing pot of a civ that is run by ratmen or tigermen or Bearmen; with Tigermen, bearmen, and Ratmen as Pets you can generate world here the main Civ would be different but still persist with the followup groups that will spawn when you visit that site. also the bonus of buying or randomly getting those types of animalmen when you embark.
Will pets set that way count towards the local animal-person pops that decide to civilize? That would be useful. And be kind of interesting to generate towns with seperate 'civilized' and 'wild' animal-person pops of the same species.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2018, 07:06:02 am »

Are topics hardcoded, and if not/so, is there a way to append to them?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2018, 04:48:53 pm »

Yes and there isn't. It might be possible to do some binary hacking on the executable, but that'll break compatibility with damn near everything for very little gain.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 27, 2018, 01:49:30 am »

Yes and there isn't. It might be possible to do some binary hacking on the executable, but that'll break compatibility with damn near everything for very little gain.

Along those lines, has anyone worked out a script for bridging reactions behind discovering said topic?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 27, 2018, 03:55:56 pm »

I tried but couldn't find where the damn things are stored, at all. I couldn't find it in historical figures, units or civilizations.

LocalIncubus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 28, 2018, 08:35:11 am »

Hey sorry if this was asked before, but can the combat logs be modded? I wanna add some bodyparts together with new gruesome depictions of them getting chopped off/ destroyed etc

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 28, 2018, 11:52:23 am »

Hey sorry if this was asked before, but can the combat logs be modded? I wanna add some bodyparts together with new gruesome depictions of them getting chopped off/ destroyed etc

Not within the raws, though you could add properties to the body parts themselves that are alike to the effect that you want so they are easier to penetrate and mangle.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 28, 2018, 02:09:24 pm »

How would I go about modding in a net that dwarves can throw at animals to capture them? My first thought is to somehow make the item apply a syndrome that, say, paralyzes the creature, but then how would I get the dwarves to haul the animal into a cage or a cage trap?

...it's not possible to make a weapon that launches cage traps at creatures, is it?

Essentially what I want is a way to tell my hunters/military/animal trainers to "capture a live animal" the same way you can capture vermin in an animal trap, but with creatures rather than vermin. The idea of a net just popped into my head and it sounded like a great idea.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 28, 2018, 03:44:46 pm »

How would I go about modding in a net that dwarves can throw at animals to capture them? My first thought is to somehow make the item apply a syndrome that, say, paralyzes the creature, but then how would I get the dwarves to haul the animal into a cage or a cage trap?

...it's not possible to make a weapon that launches cage traps at creatures, is it?

Essentially what I want is a way to tell my hunters/military/animal trainers to "capture a live animal" the same way you can capture vermin in an animal trap, but with creatures rather than vermin. The idea of a net just popped into my head and it sounded like a great idea.

DFhack would be the way to go around getting this, there are some scripts also to force a cage capture too manually. Not at all possible in the current raws because there isn't a [tag] function to allow it that exists.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 28, 2018, 04:25:23 pm »

Sadly, the only thing you can do to adjust combat logs currently is to change the names of bodyparts - or add/remove them for clarity.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 28, 2018, 04:30:38 pm »

DFhack would be the way to go around getting this, there are some scripts also to force a cage capture too manually.

Would you be able to point me to some of those scripts? Thanks!
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:58 pm »

DFhack would be the way to go around getting this, there are some scripts also to force a cage capture too manually.

Would you be able to point me to some of those scripts? Thanks!

Its a little more bare-bones than i remember it being but here it is

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:08 pm »

Awesome, thanks!
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2018, 03:20:53 am »

Exclude GENERAL_POISON class of animals?

Well, it turns out TomiTapio was right, it was the best way to exclude creatures from my entity.
"My" creature is GENERAL_POISON  too but wiki is correct in saying that the ALWAYS animal tokens supersede the NEVER ones.

I am posting this because it didin't work when I first tried it while also explicitly forbidding the MAMMAL class: so I'm not sure that the wiki is right when it says that multiple instances of [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:SOMETHING] can be used, at least when they overlap like in this case (I mean, most MAMMAL are also GENERAL_POISON).
It could be there were some other errors on my part, but I consistently had my entity embark with cave crocodiles while having both the [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:...] tokens, and not with just [animal_forbidden_class:general_poison]

In any case, thanks TomiTapio.
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

LocalIncubus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2018, 12:22:16 pm »

Aw shoots, well thanks anyway @FantasticDorf and Warlord
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 120